International Brexit Discussion v8: Theresa May's Final Hours

btw it seems that people are heavily injecting their own personal bias when interpreting the result of the MEP elections. When you add together parties who are for and against Brexist (clearly, so excluding Tories and Labour), it's still split right down the middle. What's noteworthy is how the Brexit party managed to monopolize the pro-Brexit voters whereas the other side is split amongst Lib Dems, SNP, Greens, etc.

There's something to be said about the pro-Brexit voters uniting in one focused front but anyone trying to extract a "the people of Britain have spoken" grand narrative out of this is talking out of their arses.

It specified leaving even if a deal wasn't reached by a deadline. That deadline was extended by a government that doesn't want to follow through with the will of the people, so they explicitly voted for a party that says they're leaving as it was intended.
Why do you hate democracy?
No, it didn't. It was extremely open ended and is still up for interpretation. It didn't specify "leave no matter what" and it didn't specify a timeline.

No, it didn't. It was extremely open ended and is still up for interpretation. It didn't specify "leave no matter what" and it didn't specify a timeline.
Article 50.
It says they leave, deal or no deal, by April 12th. It was extended until October 31st.

It specified leaving even if a deal wasn't reached by a deadline. That deadline was extended by a government that doesn't want to follow through with the will of the people, so they explicitly voted for a party that says they're leaving as it was intended.
Why do you hate democracy?

So you think he means immediate hard Brexit, hard Ireland border, etc. Care to bet on if that happens?

Article 50.
It says they leave, deal or no deal, by April 12th. It was extended until October 31st.

I saw no dates on the referendum at all. You seem to be confusing reality with what you want

So you think he means immediate hard Brexit, hard Ireland border, etc. Care to bet on if that happens?
Maybe it won't, but I think a party called Brexit will at least try in good faith.

Maybe it won't, but I think a party called Brexit will at least try in good faith.

Good faith? There is no plan to actually do this. No effort to succeed.

This looks like the exact opposite of good faith

I saw no dates on the referendum at all. You seem to be confusing reality with what you want
That won't be written in a 4 word catch phrase on a bus no, voters should get educated. British law says they leave deal or no deal on Oct 31st. Read about article 50.

That won't be written in a 4 word catch phrase on a bus no, voters should get educated. British law says they leave deal or no deal on Oct 31st. Read about article 50.

Educated how? According to you the platform says "brexit" and literally nothing else.

Yhe referendum didnt maybe extensions. It said leave yes or no.

British law? What the fuck are you talking about? The referendum was not legally binding and Article 50 is an article of the EU treaty, NOT British law.

British law? What the fuck are you talking about? The referendum was not legally binding and Article 50 is an article of the EU treaty, NOT British law.
Sure, article of the EU treaty not law. Are treaties not outlining the rules? It was invoked, then extended. Now people voted for a party that says it will follow through with it.

Educated how? According to you the platform says "brexit" and literally nothing else.

Yhe referendum didnt maybe extensions. It said leave yes or no.
Farage cited article 50 in numerous interviews on the campaign trail. It states Britain leaves, deal or no deal.

Sure, article of the EU treaty not law. Are treaties not outlining the rules? It was invoked, then extended. Now people voted for a party that says it will follow through with it.
"Yeah sure, rules or something, guess I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about". As long as we're clear on two basic facts: 1. Nothing in "British law" says anything about whether the UK has to leave, much less how they have to go about it. 2. The referendum said nothing about a deadline and was not legally binding. Stop bullshitting around these truths and I won't say a word about the rest of your ignorant rambling.

Just stop it.

Brexit is the will of the people, it’s obvious.

Only the media tries to tell people otherwise, for their elite masters trying to stymie the will of the people.

God, listening to people try to say it’s even a discussion is getting tiresome

Just stop it.

Brexit is the will of the people, it’s obvious.

Only the media tries to tell people otherwise, for their elite masters trying to stymie the will of the people.

God, listening to people try to say it’s even a discussion is getting tiresome

When you say Brexit, you mean an immediate hard brexit?

When you say Brexit, you mean an immediate hard brexit?

Anything else is stalling against the will of the people.

It’s been 3 years, and the elite descendants of aristocrats will stall for a decade more if given the opportunity.

That much is obvious now. A soft brexit had its chance, it was a fair chance. It’s gone

Hard brexit all the way

Anything else is stalling against the will of the people.

It’s been 3 years, and the elite descendants of aristocrats will stall for a decade more if given the opportunity.

That much is obvious now. A soft brexit had its chance, it was a fair chance. It’s gone

Hard brexit all the way

I actually agree, for a very different reason than you I'd bet.

But I dont think the Brexit party is made in good faith and gonna do that. I think Farage is a charlatan.

"Yeah sure, rules or something, guess I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about". As long as we're clear on two basic facts: 1. Nothing in "British law" says anything about whether the UK has to leave, much less how they have to go about it. 2. The referendum said nothing about a deadline and was not legally binding. Stop bullshitting around these truths and I won't say a word about the rest of your ignorant rambling.
Referendum said leave the EU. What does article 50 say about leaving the EU?

Back