Breaking: Josh Thomson not being re-signed by UFC, expected to go to Bellator

I don't understand why everyone is getting butt hurt. UFC is a business. Thompson is no longer top-10 and there are younger, hungrier and cheaper alternatives.

I don't understand why everyone is getting butt hurt. UFC is a business. Thompson is no longer top-10 and there are younger, hungrier and cheaper alternatives.

Because literally any time a decent fighter with name value leaves sherdoggers have to complain like the sky is falling

Good for Bellator! Hope they sign Palhares as well.

Good break for Josh. He'll probably make more at Bellator than in the UFC.
I think he could be Top 3 with Brooks and Chandler. Don't know about holding the belt, but he'll definitely get a shot at it.

Thought this was well known before his last fight.

I hope he gets a good deal from Bellator. I wouldn't mind seeing him finish out his career there. I would think that he is probably no more than a couple of years from hanging them up. He will be 37 in September.

083_Josh_Thomson_vs_Nate_Diaz.jpg

I won't ever forget that.

Imagine if the Bendo fight actually went his way. Things may be completely different.

Just another example of how poor judging may incredibly hurt a fighter's career.

He's getting up there in age. He can be a contender in Bellator and get paid way much more.

Good for him. I think alot of veterans who don't think they can keep up with the younger hungrier guys should leave UFC and get paid more in other orgs.

On another note, I think guys like the Diaz bros should leave too. They'd be much happier there and won't have to wear those goofy kits

Did the ufc refuse to sign him or did he explore his options?

But up, pretty dam sure he is going to be picked up by bellator.. pretty refreshing to have a second org... hopefully bellator could keep growing.

Hopefully he gets payed well and does well in Bellator, I expect to see more and more top fighters going to Bellator or WSOF when their contracts expire.

He might not officially be top 10 but there are multiple guys in the top 10 than he can beat. I don't see this as a big deal though, I want another org to get as big or bigger than the UFC, I think that's going to have to happen if MMA is going to continue to grow.

Did the ufc refuse to sign him or did he explore his options?

But up, pretty dam sure he is going to be picked up by bellator.. pretty refreshing to have a second org... hopefully bellator could keep growing.
It looks like they pulled a Phil Davis on him, and refused to renew his contract.

Back