Breaking: Josh Thomson not being re-signed by UFC, expected to go to Bellator

Sucks for him...2 decision loses that he honestly should have won.

and he gets a title shot but glassman Pettis pulls out. Josh would have beat him IMO...

i was gonna say he's only been losing to top guys, but the bobby green loss really didn't help.

Doesnt really matter cause he wasnt staying anyway, he's a Zinkin guy who lost 3 in a row. UFC wasnt offering him same deal or more so he was gonna leave.

I'm guessing UFC didnt want to offer him a smaller deal that he rejects and the story is he rejects them so they dont offer him shit and make the story they dont want him.

Getting real close to retirement time. Maybe with his modest name recognition he can get some decent coin at Bellashit.

I don't see a problem with it. I think it works out for everyone.

He's pretty much at best going to be a gate keeper in the division, and it's not like there isn't enough of those already. And he's not really a big name draw for an organization like the UFC.

In Bellator he can parlay his UFC career into real earnings and will be a top dog. And the UFC shows to their mid level guys that they're free to fight somewhere else if they think the grass is greener.

Win-win for everyone and it's a good way for him to finish out his career.

Phil davis and Thompson has the same manager. This was no surprise for him moving to Bellator. Coker has a good relationship with Thompson manager team since strikeforce days, I'm guessing any fighters under them who still in ufc will make the move.

Bellator also signed Pico and Ed Ruth, two more Zinkin guys.

Only Zinkin guys UFC cares about are Cain, DC and Luke, none of them are going anywhere.

UFC will let the others like Davis or Punk or Kos, not sure if Kos is managed by him but they will let Bellator overpay for these guys.

If its a fighter UFC wants to keep they will keep him.

He'll do well there. He's just at the fringe of the top 5. He can hang but won't hold gold in the UFC and would play spoiler to too many contenders.

I'm pretty sure it was the bitch ass lady sounds he was always making that did him in.

Fuck Yeah. Go where the money is. The more that go over, the more tempting it is for future potential movees

Bendo will be the next top ranked free agent after his next fight, to me thats the most interesting one. Davis and Punk and Kos the UFC didnt really care about, either didnt want them or werent gonna overpay for them.

Bendo though is someone I think UFC wants to keep so if he becomes a free agent thats when things get interesting.

I'm guessing UFC didnt want to offer him a smaller deal that he rejects and the story is he rejects them so they dont offer him shit and make the story they dont want him.

That's exactly what I was saying. No way they just didn't want to sign him. That doesn't make any sense.

Still think he's a solid top 15 guy. At age 36 though and in a super stacked division the odds of him coming out of a 3 fight losing streak and contending is slim. He'd have a lot better chance at Bellator, wish him well. I'd prefer he stay in the UFC but I don't think it's a big loss considering the circumstances.

Probably for the best. Outside of kicking Nate's head off and losing a close one to Bendo, he didn't really seem to have anything going for him in the UFC and all the talks of retirement and opponents being beneath him got tiresome. There are some interesting match ups for him in Bellator.

I like Josh Thomson as a fighter and will watch him anywhere. I have no problem with this cut if the UFC is consistent and practices this for other veterans. Josh can make decent money in Bellator- similar to soccer legends going to the MLS for their final few years.

Problem with Josh has been the same problem BJ and Lyoto have . When he's on he's fucking on. When he's not, everyone's confused as to how he performs so well sometimes. Confidence is everything I reckon.

Why expected due to his relationship with coker.

looked like he wanted out of UFC for some reason

Back