Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are great but...

Dude, get a grip. Proper accents are rarely ever shown in cinema if you scrutinize to the level you are.

Boston accents are usually so terrible and over the top.... They're always butchered

In France, French is neutral.
jbSAaZM.png

Boston accents are usually so terrible and over the top.... They're always butchered

Boston, and especially lower-class South Boston (Southie) accents are bad whether they are authentic or butchered.

Drive ya cah ta da bah, and drink a beah.

4real came across ur thread looking for that answer on google lol. That shit makes it weird as hell specially when nachos dad talks to nachos

The hispanic minstrel show really brings them down.
Hector Salamanca sounds like a legitimate retard using google translate on American idioms. Fring also has a bad accent and bad wording. Those cartel twins are corny homo ethnic terminators. Even those with kinda good accents like Nacho’s dad and the John Hopkins doctor have weird deliveries and not 100% fluent enunciation.
They don’t speak from the gut or the heart, their dialogue isn’t hearty like the Americans, they’re like Uncle Tomás puppets.

I stopped watching Better Call Saul around the 4th or 5th episode during the 1st season when it came out because I felt the plot was kinda trudging but I revisited and it really started to pick up and I’m watching it now and loving Bob Odenkirk’s performance. But when the plot turns to these payasos I start wishing I didn’t know spanish.

I heard the German is also awful.

Love the dark comedy in the show though, this moment made me laugh out loud:
When Jimmy reads his dead brother’s suicide letter to him

Not knowing a word of Spanish ftw!

<GinJuice>

I get to maximize my enjoyment of the shows.

It would totally bother me if i spoke spanish. For me the accent is a heavy part in the performance. Just like when a actor portrays a role in a biographical film but then sounds not close to the person hes playing. It ruins the show for me but thankfully i dont know spanish.

Lmao at spanish speakers complaining about spanish.

You should know how awful russian sounds in american films

Btw how is lalos spanish in better call saul

Spanish sucks in the show but I also speak german and the german parts are actually good and mostly spoken by native germans.

All I know is I’ll be naming my band “Corny Homo Ethnic Terminators”

Back