Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are great but...

as long as you leave my guy el Tortuga out of it

It's as if acting skills are more important than linguistic skills. All of the actors are fine in their roles.

"Boomer show" must mean a show not for the ADHD / can't keep my phone out of my fucking face crowd.

The hispanic minstrel show really brings them down.
Hector Salamanca sounds like a legitimate retard using google translate on American idioms. Fring also has a bad accent and bad wording. Those cartel twins are corny homo ethnic terminators. Even those with kinda good accents like Nacho’s dad and the John Hopkins doctor have weird deliveries and not 100% fluent enunciation.
They don’t speak from the gut or the heart, their dialogue isn’t hearty like the Americans, they’re like Uncle Tomás puppets.

I stopped watching Better Call Saul around the 4th or 5th episode during the 1st season when it came out because I felt the plot was kinda trudging but I revisited and it really started to pick up and I’m watching it now and loving Bob Odenkirk’s performance. But when the plot turns to these payasos I start wishing I didn’t know spanish.

I heard the German is also awful.

Love the dark comedy in the show though, this moment made me laugh out loud:
When Jimmy reads his dead brother’s suicide letter to him

I'm Hispanic. Never watched an episode of either. Shame on you for falling for the Anglo-american propaganda, lol. Only white people can get away with making a TV show that's essentially an escapist adventure about a meth dealer. Talk about white privilege. The show is shameful at its very conceit. Millions of people throughout the country are being affected by Meth, and this crap glorified it. GTFO.

I'm glad to have stuck to Game of Thrones, despite the shit ending. That being said, TV is highly overrated.

The real problem with BREAKING BAD is that they barely show any TRUE TWEAKERS on that show. nobody acts like a real tweaker. They spent way too much time with Jesse and the heroin neighbor chick. They should have showed them actually smoking glass out of glass pipes like real meth heads do. Instead they show you some how to cook teasers. No true tweakers on that show.

The hooker Jesse paid to poison the meth dealers he had beef with was the closest thing to a true tweeker. And that couple that robbed one of his boys and the dude got his head crushed under a safe.

LOL @ this thread become a "White boomer" bash thread

"boomer" is the new buzzword on the internet. When I see people use it I can instantly tell they are sheeple and I get embarrassed for them. Its like they can't think for themselves and its just really sad.

You sound like a sucker... honestly, how old are you? If you're under the age of 40 and not already independently wealthy or really well off, chances are you'll go to your grave either paying off boomers debts or waiting in vain for them to die off and leave you their wealth. The overwhelming majority of wealth in the US is, and will be, concentrated in the hands of the over 60 crowd for the coming decades. And there's very little that anyone in the in the Gen-X or Millennial set can do about it. this isn't just my opinion mind you, this is all, backed up by study after study.

The below was literally the first result that popped up on my work PC's google when i searched "Boomer Wealth," lol.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...ap-between-millennials-and-boomers-2019-12-04

https://www.google.com/search?q=boo.....69i57j0l7.3623j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But again, under 40's are just imagining all this shit. Let's not let the mounting facts get in the way of the boomers and boomer apologists way.

many people in the Mayberry wank over the movie Braveheart, me being a brit that is aware of the history, and knowing how Scottish people actually sound, I think its a steaming pile of horseshit, i'm 5000 miles away from the Breaking Bad universe, my ignorance to local and foreign accents seems to be a bonus for me.
Well, Scottish people didn’t have the Scottish accent back then. We wouldn’t even be able to understand their Middle English if the movie was accurate.

I get annoyed with any and all fake Hollywood accents. I don't get it

Like why make Jason Statham use an American accent when he can barely string four words together in his own natural voice
I just watched Knives Out, why have Daniel Craig doing a shitty Southern accent when you have some awesome Southern actors that could do it without sound stupid? Again, don't get it

Also accents in Sci fi movies should be neutral, no Latinos or French or Scottish etc. Doesn't make sense

And that fat chick in the TV show I'm watching sucks
It’s impressive when they do nail an accent though. Apparently Joseph Gordon Levitt totally nailed the French accent in that Walk movie. A linguist was rating actors and their accents, and his was apparently so good he would have thought he was actually French.

It’s impressive when they do nail an accent though. Apparently Joseph Gordon Levitt totally nailed the French accent in that Walk movie. A linguist was rating actors and their accents, and his was apparently so good he would have thought he was actually French.
Yeah there are some guys that nail it, Colin Farrell actually does a really good US accent, but then there are equally as many, if not more, that can ruin a film because of it

Yeah there are some guys that nail it, Colin Farrell actually does a really good US accent, but then there are equally as many, if not more, that can ruin a film because of it
I wouldn’t say ruin the film, but yeah, more often than not they do not have convincing accents. Sometimes however, sometimes it does ruin the movie though.

Hank will be in season 5, this is interesting.

The Mexicans, Colombians, and Chileans in that show can’t speak Spanish.

I´m glad I´m not fluent in spanish, can understand everything but my accent is terrible. But yes their Spanish is hollywood stuff, most of the actors are probably are not even spanish, Gus Fring is American Italian and Tuco is from LA.

Dude, get a grip. Proper accents are rarely ever shown in cinema if you scrutinize to the level you are.

These sorts of things only grate when it's an accent that you're really familiar with. E.g. Butcher's London accent on the Boys really took me out of the show (as a Londoner myself) as it was so off. I really had to concentrate to ignore it and just enjoy the show

Mexicans in most shows are weird. There was one in the Ranch for a few episodes. Creepy.

Dude, get a grip. Proper accents are rarely ever shown in cinema if you scrutinize to the level you are.

This. I don't care about accent authenticity unless it's just horrible. If the show is good and the acting is great then don't worry about the accents so much.

Breaking Bad is probably my favorite series of all time though. Better Call Saul takes a bit to get into it IMO and it's definitely not "Breaking Bad" part 2. Much different pacing and feel to it. BCS is really really good though if you go in not wanting BB.

I get annoyed with any and all fake Hollywood accents. I don't get it

Like why make Jason Statham use an American accent when he can barely string four words together in his own natural voice
I just watched Knives Out, why have Daniel Craig doing a shitty Southern accent when you have some awesome Southern actors that could do it without sound stupid? Again, don't get it

Also accents in Sci fi movies should be neutral, no Latinos or French or Scottish etc. Doesn't make sense

And that fat chick in the TV show I'm watching sucks

In France, French is neutral.

Back