alternative endings to TV shows AKA Better Call Toasty

Does Walt die sir?
Yes, yes he should be dead.

Not every finale main character arc needs to be a cliff hanger, open to interpretation (looking at you Sopranos), or overly dramatic.

I loved the Shield's ending for its main character....so mundane which was the opposite of everything that series was, expectations properly subverted ::chef's kiss:: still my favorite TV series

if you want to go down the soprano rabbit hole, and I do like going down rabbit holes, wouldn't it have been an emotionally powerful ending if Tony survived the attempted assassination but Meadow was killed in the struggle.

Tony, a person already struggling with mental health, violence, and his family's legacy would have had to deal with the fact that his choices lead to the death of his good child. If you wanted to leave it on a downer, you couldn't top that outcome.

I mean nobody would've blinked it AJ got hit, but Meadow???? That would've crushed him.

I personally liked how it ended and the ambiguity of it after my initial reaction of "holy fuck the tv broke now?"

PS- I never bothered to watch the many saints...is it worth it? I hated el camino...

might have been considered a bit too derivative of The Godfather Part III but I think you’re onto something that it would have had an impact.

At the end of the day, I almost feel like a world-weary Tony being out to dinner with his family but unhappily staring off into the distance knowing he’s probably going down due to Gervasi and other informants would have been something in and of itself.

Tony getting whacked struck me as odd if only cause the very guys most likely to take him out made peace with him and handed their own boss over because they didn’t want more bloodshed. I liked the ambiguity at the time too but now, if you ask most people, there’s no real ambiguity at all.

As for Many Saints- it’s entertaining but middling. Really not worth it for non fans of the show and not as good as a fan would hope it would be. Still there are some fun references and good performances. The plot builds but offers more setup than resolution.

So just finished Better Call Saul and there will be spoilers aplenty below----

while I don't think I could beat vice gilligan in a marathon or a sprint or a half sprint, i do have a great kick at the end of losing races and I think I have a better ending in mind than he chose.

So I liked the ending with

SPOILER

Jimmy rejecting the Saul persona and willingly taking on the extended punishment and then the final moment sharing a cigarette in prison with a dejected and disgraced but free Kim Wexler.....

I feel they failed to make use of the weird almost magical qualities of the Salamanca assassins. Like the way the candle flame flickers before Lalo show up in their apartment etc.

So in my alternate ending--- Saul does his amazing haggling job, gets the sentence reduced to 7 years, we have a couple of quick scenes of him in the jail house doing some lawyering for the inmates to avoid beatings, etc. We see an older Saul released from prison, settling into an semi honest job, he's in his crappy office, on the phone with Kim trying to patch things up with her, we see a customer's hand pushing open the door, we see Saul look up his face dropping from hopeful to fearful. He says "Run Kim, run and don't stop running" and the last shot of the series is the tip of the cowboy boots the cousins wore.

Now I would like to hear other people's ideas for alternative endings to other shows. I know we got some creative people up in here like @koquerelle @StonedLemur @Zer @Fedorgasm etc.

So I'm hoping a few of you will put a bit of thought and little time typing and give me your best ideas.
Your ending doesn’t make any sense because the Salamanca cousins are long dead by the final episode of Better Call Saul. They were killed by Hank and Mike in Season 3 of Breaking Bad…
1708483007035.gif

Al comes to the realization Peggy is pretty fucking hot and probably down to do wild things; ends with them banging. They break the bed to reveal a winning lottery ticket. Al buys the shoe store, Gary's Shoes becomes a franchise for fat women who Al knows will be the largest demographic (pun intended) in a decade. Become super rich. Hires Marcy's bank as his financial institution on condition she has to dress like a chicken to every meeting.

Spoilers for breaking bad ahead, do not continue if you haven't seen the ending:

But I always thought the whole machine gun popping out of the trunk was a stupid ending.

Walt is a chemistry genius. He should've used chemistry, not some idiotic macguyver shit that wouldn't actually hit anyone.

So here's how it should've ended.

Instead of a machine gun, Walt should've mixed up a batch of some chemicals that become deadly when mixed with water. I just googled it and there are several, but then I realized by googling that I probably got added to some FBI list so I closed it and didn't bother to write down the names. But Walt could purchase these chemicals and have a conversation with the seller about how they'll react when exposed to water, so the audience knows.

Anyhoo, Walt mixes up these deadly chemicals into a powder, then wraps it around an explosive device and puts it in a briefcase and covers it with cash.

Then when he goes to see the dudes holding Jesse captive, he says he wants to buy Jesse's life and he opens the briefcase full of cash.

They bring Jesse out to make the exchange, but then then the main bad guy (Jack) says, "I could just shoot you right now, and keep both the cash and Jesse"

To which Walt replies, "If you think you can get away with that, then you don't know Heisenberg."

Jack scoffs, "I can't wait to hear this."

Walt turns his eyes towards Jesse and says, "Jesse... when you hear them start to scream, it's time for you to leave."

Jack and his goons all let out a little chuckle as Walt and Jesse exchange a look that tells us that Jesse is the only one that understands Walt is serious.

Jack steps forward and puts his pistol to Walt's stomach and says, "And how exactly are you gonna make me scream? I'm dying to know."

Walt calmly says, "You will be." And he shuts his eyes tight as he presses a button on a remote in his pocket.

The briefcase explodes with a flashbang grenade. A cloud of white powder from the explosion is covering everyone. No sound can be heard other than ringing eardrums.

Walt opens his eyes to see that Jack actually pulled the trigger during the explosion and now Walt has a bleeding wound in his stomach.

Jack and his goons are blinded by the flashbang grenade. So is Jesse. Walt takes advantage of their disorientation and grabs Jesse. Walt opens his jacket and holds one flap over Jesse's head, as he would do if he were shielding someone from the rain.

We see smoke emanating from the briefcase. It wasn't just a flashbang grenade. It wasn't just a white powdery chemical cloud covering everyone. It also had a smoke bomb.

We see the smoke rise up to the ceiling, where it activates fire sprinkler system.

Up till now, Jack and his goons were grunting and moaning at being blinded and disoriented. But when the water from the sprinklers hits them, they all begin screaming in pain. The water is reacting with the white powder and creating a deadly acid with toxic vapors.

Walt leads Jesse to the door and Jesse runs outside, still disoriented, but safe for now.

Walt collapses outside as the blood spills from his abdomen.

We hear screams of agony coming from inside the room.

We see a brief montage of gruesome slow deaths occuring inside. Men screaming, skin being eaten away, fumes causing violent coughing and vomiting of blood.

We see Jesse fumble his way into the car to make his escape as his vision slowly returns.

We see Walt, lying on the ground, bleeding to death, with a very slight smile, knowing he pulled it off.

The END

Last edited:
Spoilers for breaking bad ahead, do not continue if you haven't seen the ending:

But I always thought the whole machine gun popping out of the trunk was a stupid ending.

Walt is a chemistry genius. He should've used chemistry, not some idiotic macguyver shit that wouldn't actually hit anyone.

So here's how it should've ended.

Instead of a machine gun, Walt should've mixed up a batch of some chemicals that become deadly when mixed with water. I just googled it and there are several, but then I realized by googling that I probably got added to some FBI list so I closed it and didn't bother to write down the names. But Walt could purchase these chemicals and have a conversation with the seller about how they'll react when exposed to water, so the audience knows.

Anyhoo, Walt mixes up these deadly chemicals into a powder, then wraps it around an explosive device and puts it in a briefcase and covers it with cash.

Then when he goes to see the dudes holding Jesse captive, he says he wants to buy Jesse's life and he opens the briefcase full of cash.

They bring Jesse out to make the exchange, but then then the main bad guy (Jack) says, "I could just shoot you right now, and keep both the cash and Jesse"

To which Walt replies, "If you think you can get away with that, then you don't know Heisenberg."

Jack scoffs, "I can't wait to hear this."

Walt turns his eyes towards Jesse and says, "Jesse... when you hear them start to scream, it's time for you to leave."

Jack and his goons all let out a little chuckle as Walt and Jesse exchange a look that tells us that Jesse is the only one that understands Walt is serious.

Jack steps forward and puts his pistol to Walt's stomach and says, "And how exactly are you gonna make me scream? I'm dying to know."

Walt calmly says, "You will be." And he shuts his eyes tight as he presses a button on a remote in his pocket.

The briefcase explodes with a flashbang grenade. A cloud of white powder from the explosion is covering everyone. No sound can be heard other than ringing eardrums.

Walt opens his eyes to see that Jack actually pulled the trigger during the explosion and now Walt has a bleeding wound in his stomach.

Jack and his goons are blinded by the flashbang grenade. So is Jesse. Walt takes advantage of their disorientation and grabs Jesse. Walt opens his jacket and holds one flap over Jesse's head, as he would do if he were shielding someone from the rain.

We see smoke emanating from the briefcase. It wasn't just a flashbang grenade. It wasn't just a white powdery chemical cloud covering everyone. It also had a smoke bomb.

We see the smoke rise up to the ceiling, where it activates fire sprinkler system.

Up till now, Jack and his goons were grunting and moaning at being blinded and disoriented. But when the water from the sprinklers hits them, they all begin screaming in pain. The water is reacting with the white powder and creating a deadly acid with toxic vapors.

Walt leads Jesse to the door and Jesse runs outside, still disoriented, but safe for now.

Walt collapses outside as the blood spills from his abdomen.

We hear screams of agony coming from inside the room.

We see a brief montage of gruesome slow deaths occuring inside. Men screaming, skin being eaten away, fumes causing violent coughing and vomiting of blood.

We see Jesse fumble his way into the car to make his escape as his vision slowly returns.

We see Walt, lying on the ground, bleeding to death, with a very slight smile, knowing he pulled it off.

The END
Maybe he doubled/tripled majored and/or minored in physics and engineering

Yeah wasn't that called Godfather 3?
i don't know......I've never seen Godfather 2 or 3. Godfather 1 was one of those big pop culture holes in my life, didn't see it until maybe 10 years ago. had already seen bunch of other gangster movies and sopranos, so didn't find it anything special at that point... never watched the other 2.....

Your ending doesn’t make any sense because the Salamanca cousins are long dead by the final episode of Better Call Saul. They were killed by Hank and Mike in Season 3 of Breaking Bad…
View attachment 1030853
right... That is why I mentioned the mystical stuff that they had built up earlier in the show.
Also we never see who is wearing the boots....it doesn't have to be one of the cousins....

We just have a creepy image of the toe of the boots and Saul's reaction...

Maybe it is them, maybe it is some other assassins that have copied their style...etc....

if you want to go down the soprano rabbit hole, and I do like going down rabbit holes, wouldn't it have been an emotionally powerful ending if Tony survived the attempted assassination but Meadow was killed in the struggle.

Tony, a person already struggling with mental health, violence, and his family's legacy would have had to deal with the fact that his choices lead to the death of his good child. If you wanted to leave it on a downer, you couldn't top that outcome.

I mean nobody would've blinked it AJ got hit, but Meadow???? That would've crushed him.

I personally liked how it ended and the ambiguity of it after my initial reaction of "holy fuck the tv broke now?"

PS- I never bothered to watch the many saints...is it worth it? I hated el camino...
Many Saints was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. It’s a pretty bad movie.

while I don't think I could beat vice gilligan in a marathon or a sprint or a half sprint, i do have a great kick at the end of losing races and I think I have a better ending in mind than he chose.

SPOILER

Jimmy rejecting the Saul persona and willingly taking on the extended punishment and then the final moment sharing a cigarette in prison with a dejected and disgraced but free Kim Wexler.....

I feel they failed to make use of the weird almost magical qualities of the Salamanca assassins. Like the way the candle flame flickers before Lalo show up in their apartment etc.

So in my alternate ending--- Saul does his amazing haggling job, gets the sentence reduced to 7 years, we have a couple of quick scenes of him in the jail house doing some lawyering for the inmates to avoid beatings, etc. We see an older Saul released from prison, settling into an semi honest job, he's in his crappy office, on the phone with Kim trying to patch things up with her, we see a customer's hand pushing open the door, we see Saul look up his face dropping from hopeful to fearful. He says "Run Kim, run and don't stop running" and the last shot of the series is the tip of the cowboy boots the cousins wore.

Now I would like to hear other people's ideas for alternative endings to other shows. I know we got some creative people up in here like @koquerelle @StonedLemur @Zer @Fedorgasm etc.

So I'm hoping a few of you will put a bit of thought and little time typing and give me your best ideas.
Idk the ending of BCS was just about the perfect ending of an otherwise brilliant show

Really completed his likable villain character arc beautifully

SPOILER

Im thought the cousins were already dead in a Breaking Bad episode?

Concur with Many Saints. I finally watched it this year what a mess. Terrible on its own but think about what could have been done considering the story of the Sopranos.

Back