Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are great but...

It's a TV show with actors, not reality

Don't really care if the accents are spot-on

Did you see Chernobyl? Awesome show and most actors didnt even try to do Russian accents, despite every single character being Russian

The Mexicans, Colombians, and Chileans in that show can’t speak Spanish.

You seem sensitive af...gonna go out on a limb and guess your college major was women's studies or something equally Woke

next season of BCS is next month !

hope it's good.

LOL @ this thread become a "White boomer" bash thread

"boomer" is the new buzzword on the internet. When I see people use it I can instantly tell they are sheeple and I get embarrassed for them. Its like they can't think for themselves and its just really sad.

The real problem with BREAKING BAD is that they barely show any TRUE TWEAKERS on that show. nobody acts like a real tweaker. They spent way too much time with Jesse and the heroin neighbor chick. They should have showed them actually smoking glass out of glass pipes like real meth heads do. Instead they show you some how to cook teasers. No true tweakers on that show.

Wtf?

I literally said Giancarlo Esposito was the only one that I can tell the difference (because he isn't a Native speaker probably). The others sound the same to me and other non-Spanish speakers. You probably wouldn't be able to tell different dialects of other languages apart either.

I probably would though.

It bothered me too, takes away from the show. I never understood why Gustavo Fring had to be Chilean. Chilean Spanish is very unique. You're right, they could have done better with that. Los escritores se dejarán por la cagada, me cachai weon?

P.D. Sabes que no vale la pena discutir con la gente de este foro. Son orgullosos de su ignorancia, aunque hay más de 50 millones de personas en el país que hablan español.

Puro weon choncesumare nómas dando lata weon.

It's a TV show with actors, not reality

Don't really care if the accents are spot-on

Did you see Chernobyl? Awesome show and most actors didnt even try to do Russian accents, despite every single character being Russian

No, haven’t seen it, at least they spoke English well I presume. Suspension of disbelief is affected when you see a character that acts like they can’t speak English and they can’t speak their “native” language either.

You seem sensitive af...gonna go out on a limb and guess your college major was women's studies or something equally Woke

Nah, I grew up in Mexico and I didn’t go to college hoe.

The real problem with BREAKING BAD is that they barely show any TRUE TWEAKERS on that show. nobody acts like a real tweaker. They spent way too much time with Jesse and the heroin neighbor chick. They should have showed them actually smoking glass out of glass pipes like real meth heads do. Instead they show you some how to cook teasers. No true tweakers on that show.

Yeah that’s another problem, I can tell they have all the glass shit twisted but luckily I never partook nor associated with tweakers so it’s not as annoying for me but I can see how it’s a major nag to those who did.

Wait...is this a MAGA thread?

Hector Salamancas’ nephew in the last 2 episodes of season 4 has the best Spanish in the show so far, preeeetty good. Cadence is on point and good acting as well. Did hear him pronounce a word or two weird but going into it would actually be scrutinizing which I’m not!

this would also apply to narcos almost nobody on that show does a proper accent from where pablo was from wagner did a terrible job in that role.

I quit watching better call saul maybe in the 3 rd season because it was going nowhere.

this would also apply to narcos almost nobody on that show does a proper accent from where pablo was from wagner did a terrible job in that role.

Yeah I don’t like to watch Narco shit, I bet that the Mexican or Latin American made series are corny as fuck, like soap operas.

Also your username makes me think of a futuristic cyborg Jesus like Jason in Jason X but it’s Jesus.
upload_2020-1-12_19-4-24.jpeg

Yeah I don’t like to watch Narco shit, I bet that the Mexican or Latin American made series are corny as fuck, like soap operas.

Also your username makes me think of a futuristic cyborg Jesus like Jason in Jason X but it’s Jesus.
View attachment 709471
Jesús is my actual first name X represents my last name. only thing good in jason X was lexa doig.

Gus’ Spanish was shit but not enough to ruin the show

There's plenty of Spanish in that show.

Sounds like another poster just trying to get a raise out of BB fans.
Let it go dude, BB is an old show now.
No one here cares what you think about it.

many people in the Mayberry wank over the movie Braveheart, me being a brit that is aware of the history, and knowing how Scottish people actually sound, I think its a steaming pile of horseshit, i'm 5000 miles away from the Breaking Bad universe, my ignorance to local and foreign accents seems to be a bonus for me.

My main problem with Better Call Saul is the cliff hangers and not the accents.
I know who's definitely not going to die/have something bad happen to them as they're in Breaking Bad.

If the accents in Breaking Bad annoyed people then re-watch Sean Connery as Ramirez in Highlander.

My best bud said the same thing.

Have any of y’all tried going back for Narcos mexico? All the dudes are pretty much Mexican actors or stars. I thought it was pretty good. But I do like story of the thin man.

Aso if any of y’all watch good Spanish shows any casa de papel fans?

I get annoyed with any and all fake Hollywood accents. I don't get it

Like why make Jason Statham use an American accent when he can barely string four words together in his own natural voice
I just watched Knives Out, why have Daniel Craig doing a shitty Southern accent when you have some awesome Southern actors that could do it without sound stupid? Again, don't get it

Also accents in Sci fi movies should be neutral, no Latinos or French or Scottish etc. Doesn't make sense

And that fat chick in the TV show I'm watching sucks

Back