News Breakin Oscar De La Coke Has Covid, Ducks Belfort. Holyfield Offers To Step In

He was posting a couple of videos of him working out (And in great, tremendous shape) during the Tyson vs Jones timeline. He's a beast for his age but his mitts and heavybag videos are just him looking stiff and nowhere near as good as Tyson or RJJ, or even Oscar.
i wouldn't mind seeing that. some boxers look ok older some don't. One of Joe Fraziers last vids was of him drunkenly hitting a bag, even though he was drunk, i got the feeling he wouldn't have looked much better if he was sober. I just watched chuck norris hitting pads and he looked about as good as you could expect but maybe a 10th as skillful as he used to be.

Still, there are stories of Jack Johnson in his fifties making young fighters look bad, Larry Holmes fought Butterbean at 53 or so and he was clearly better.

i wouldn't mind seeing that. some boxers look ok older some don't. One of Joe Fraziers last vids was of him drunkenly hitting a bag, even though he was drunk, i got the feeling he wouldn't have looked much better if he was sober. I just watched chuck norris hitting pads and he looked about as good as you could expect but maybe a 10th as skillful as he used to be.

Still, there are stories of Jack Johnson in his fifties making young fighters look bad, Larry Holmes fought Butterbean at 53 or so and he was clearly better.

it’s Vitor. I have criticized him for… wow, a very long time, for a bunch of different reasons. He isn’t a punching bag. He was a competitive fighter within the past five years.

this is why I hope we get a poll going. A lot of people here were wrong about the Chavez fight. I think they could potentially be wrong about this one, too. Vitor juiced to the gills is a tough fight, IMO.

it’s Vitor. I have criticized him for… wow, a very long time, for a bunch of different reasons. He isn’t a punching bag. He was a competitive fighter within the past five years.

this is why I hope we get a poll going. A lot of people here were wrong about the Chavez fight. I think they could potentially be wrong about this one, too. Vitor juiced to the gills is a tough fight, IMO.
Chavez Jr. wasn't a serious fighter, same with Camacho Jr. Evander is old as hell but with his muscle memory, I can't see him having too many problems. I was looking forward to Delahoya though, that would have been more interesting to me because of the size and sport differences. Evander should be able to just cold cock vitor.

Chavez Jr. wasn't a serious fighter, same with Camacho Jr. Evander is old as hell but with his muscle memory, I can't see him having too many problems. I was looking forward to Delahoya though, that would have been more interesting to me because of the size and sport differences. Evander should be able to just cold cock vitor.

people said he would win though. Talking about Chavez.

we need a poll.

chavez-Silva
I don't think i watched that but silva won. I don't think there's a comparison to make between former pfp champs and Chavez jr. though. Evander should be able to go right through him but I don't know what sort of shape he's in. I hope Evander makes good money because he's too goddamned old to be in there at all and he's going to pay for all of this in the future.

it seemed to me the money behind boxing would stop this after anderson won his match and the way oscar is these days and the size difference. i was either expecting it to not take place or be a weird fucking fight where half the people go was that rigged?
they will def try to set up vitor like they did to mir, its the game boxing is playing right with its marketing to compete with mma
No one wanted Chavez to win that. Silvas one of the few guys that boxings fans like. Canelo embraced him after that win.

He wanted out.
That was weak Evander.
I never heard of that, like so many older fighters, news of there fights are completely off the radar. Many older fighters end up quitting like this, even guys reputed to be warriors. Chavez quit several times, his last fight was heartbreaking, he quit against some clubfighter and he cries in the dressing room. Pathetic.

It's 2021 and we're talking about Mike Tyson potentially fighting Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield replacing De La Hoya for a future fight against Vitor Belfort... Who would have guessed 10 years ago... When men can't see that their wild days are over.

And I don't like saying it, because their wild days were on another level than the current days of Joshua, Fury, Usyk & Wilder.

It's 2021 and we're talking about Mike Tyson potentially fighting Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield replacing De La Hoya for a future fight against Vitor Belfort... Who would have guessed 10 years ago... When men can't see that their wild days are over.

And I don't like saying it, because their wild days were on another level than the current days of Joshua, Fury, Usyk & Wilder.
Warriors are warriors. Let them fight until they dont want to.

Lot of people picking Holyfield but he's old, proper old and has significant brain damage. I'll reserve judgement until i see him training, not everyone is Mike Tyson.

I don't think i watched that but silva won. I don't think there's a comparison to make between former pfp champs and Chavez jr. though. Evander should be able to go right through him but I don't know what sort of shape he's in. I hope Evander makes good money because he's too goddamned old to be in there at all and he's going to pay for all of this in the future.

people still picked Chavez, mostly.

I would be legitimately impressed if Holyfield can beat Vitor.

Evander fought way too long as it was and had a million tough fights. No one wants to see them in bad shape like so many before them. If anything, I think the decade previous to theirs actually had even tougher comp and more damage. AAron Pryor, Alexis, Benitez etc.., etc.., all ended up pretty damaged.

worse part though is some of these guys are beloved, not just liked and rooted for, it's a horrible thing to see them in bad shape. Hell, some female wrestler killed herself yesterday and I got a stomachache just from reading her story and I never even heard of her. So, of course I don't like seeing guys I followed since i was young broke and damaged.

Last edited:

I don't know if we're thinking of the same video, but there was a video of Frazier hitting the bag and he just falls over, out of balance and looked terrible. It is honestly a very hard video to watch and I've only managed to watch it three times, feeling awful every time I watch it.

Holyfield's workout videos don't look nowhere near as bad but compared to Tyson's, RJJ's, Oscar's, he doesn't seem to be in exhibition shape.
Here's a longer video, if you want to watch:

I don't know if we're thinking of the same video, but there was a video of Frazier hitting the bag and he just falls over, out of balance and looked terrible. It is honestly a very hard video to watch and I've only managed to watch it three times, feeling awful every time I watch it.

Holyfield's workout videos don't look nowhere near as bad but compared to Tyson's, RJJ's, Oscar's, he doesn't seem to be in exhibition shape.
Here's a longer video, if you want to watch:

ya, the one where he falls is the one i saw, thanks for the holyfield vid. he looks ok on the pads, terrible when shadowboxing but even then, i've seen worse. Razor Ruddock looked atrocious in his last fight, even a 34 year old aaron pryor looked awful and I coulda sworn the footage was in slow motion, Tommy Hearns looked pretty bad too. It's like their joints tighten up or something and their muscles definitely slow. in the case of tommy, there was a time when he was arguably the fastest with single punches, on earth. Pryor was no slouch in the speed dept. either and he wasn't as old as these other guys in his last fight.

Last edited:
***Insert photo of fighter looking sad in hospital***

View attachment 877737
(c) @Seano
just yesterday he was saying he was "raped" at 13 in hawaii, i thought he was building up the fight with publicity but no one here mentioned it. How do you get raped when you have a boner?

also, oscar was movie star handsome, and he looks bad now, I have to think it's all the drugs and lifestyle, he should look a bit better.

Back