Boxing Trainer says Masvidal wouldn't get blown out by Canelo

When Canelo was just beginning his amateur career Jorge was knocking grown men out.

I think this is the worst argument I've ever read on sherdog. And as you can imagine, that's an award that has some stiff competition.

Yeah, in sloppy backyard brawls against sloppy untrained tough guys.

Since then Canelo has gone out to rule boxing whilst Jorge is a ufc midcarder who has had a good year. Canelo would destroy him in a boxing ring.
Nope in pro mma. He started pro mma in 2002, good try though.

I think this is the worst argument I've ever read on sherdog. And as you can imagine, that's an award that has some stiff competition.
Why because Jorge has been boxing longer than Canelo, which is why i think he could hold his own? Im not arguing he would win.

I like to see someone other than Conor transition to boxing.

I like to see someone other than Conor transition to boxing.

i would love to see ngannou fight this random guy here.

i wanna see Francis face when he realizes that he cant KO that fat Turkey guy lol

Boxing viewer says he would get blown out by Canelo

Lmao Canelo, cmon man. Canelo schools elite level boxing champs, what do you think he's gonna do to a guy that isnt even training his hands full time?

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28653496/could-mma-fighters-cut-boxing-ring

This articles interesting. They showed Joe Goosen Ngannou, Stipe and Masvidal fights and he broke down their boxing. Basically said Stipe has a good right hand but leaves his head straight up. He said Ngannou is decent with his counters. Then when he got to Masvidal he was pretty blown away. He didnt dismiss his chances vs anyone in any discipline even Canelo.

I agree, Jorge is one of the best boxers in MMA and has been boxing for like 20 years. He would hold his own with Canelo if he got the time to prepare.
Canelo would absolutely RUIN Masvidal no question. Anything for that pr attn nowadays sheesh. I guess a hustler has to hustle no matter which way he can ey. Even if it meant his own head removal

Canelo would probably drop him a couple times not sure if he knocks him out. Roy Jones jr went 12 rounds with some random street fighter guy. Just because Conor went into boxing with Karate style and shit cardio automatically doesnt make him the best example of an mma fighter going into boxing

I’m not even joking that fight shouldn’t get sanctioned anyone saying this will be competitive including TS is a clown Canelo will render him unconscious at any time he chooses and it’s not even fair to Jorge

Canelo would probably drop him a couple times not sure if he knocks him out. Roy Jones jr went 12 rounds with some random street fighter guy. Just because Conor went into boxing with Karate style and shit cardio automatically doesnt make him the best example of an mma fighter going into boxing
Bro he’s not just picking any good boxer he’s picking the most vicious skilled boxer on earth. U really think the guy who went 12 rounds toe to toe with Golovkin won’t finish an MMA fighter with 13 losses. You guys Jump on delusional bandwagons so fast canelo isn’t 41 with broken hands and a defensive efficient style

Bro he’s not just picking any good boxer he’s picking the most vicious skilled boxer on earth. U really think the guy who went 12 rounds toe to toe with Golovkin won’t finish an MMA fighter with 13 losses. You guys Jump on delusional bandwagons so fast canelo isn’t 41 with broken hands and a defensive efficient style

Canelo probably beats him, but masvidal not gonna look too out of place. You guys dont understand that there are a lot of guys in boxing on masvidals level or even guys that are below it. Its not that hard becoming a bro boxer. Its hard getting to the top

who?

Hahhaha this reminds me off when high school kids think they can compete with pro athletes. And you're not sure if they're kidding or they actually that delusional.

Canelo probably beats him, but masvidal not gonna look too out of place. You guys dont understand that there are a lot of guys in boxing on masvidals level or even guys that are below it. Its not that hard becoming a bro boxer. Its hard getting to the top

Combat Sports are a joke.

Darren Till is proof that Pretty much anyone can make it to the UFC.

This is just stupid lol. Some people actually believe this stuff too.

Of course there. Just like there are athletes in every sport who suck. Not saying Masvidal's boxing sucks, but there is literally nothing he can against Canelo in a boxing ring aside from getting KOed (depends on how his chin takes it, but most likely outcome).

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28653496/could-mma-fighters-cut-boxing-ring

This articles interesting. They showed Joe Goosen Ngannou, Stipe and Masvidal fights and he broke down their boxing. Basically said Stipe has a good right hand but leaves his head straight up. He said Ngannou is decent with his counters. Then when he got to Masvidal he was pretty blown away. He didnt dismiss his chances vs anyone in any discipline even Canelo.

I agree, Jorge is one of the best boxers in MMA and has been boxing for like 20 years. He would hold his own with Canelo if he got the time to prepare.

im a big fan of Masvidal.
That said, Canelo KO’s him in 3 rounds.

Canelo knocked out Sergey Kovalev.

He says Masvidal would need 3-4 fights and 2 years of pure boxing to “make a good account of himself”. Not unrealistic

Its a lot easier becoming a pro mma fighter or getting to the top of mma than it is boxing. 90% of mma fighters are guys who left other sports and settled on mma

Back