Boxing Trainer says Masvidal wouldn't get blown out by Canelo

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28653496/could-mma-fighters-cut-boxing-ring

This articles interesting. They showed Joe Goosen Ngannou, Stipe and Masvidal fights and he broke down their boxing. Basically said Stipe has a good right hand but leaves his head straight up. He said Ngannou is decent with his counters. Then when he got to Masvidal he was pretty blown away. He didnt dismiss his chances vs anyone in any discipline even Canelo.

I agree, Jorge is one of the best boxers in MMA and has been boxing for like 20 years. He would hold his own with Canelo if he got the time to prepare.

It's one of those interesting situations where in pure boxing everyone knows Mas would lose but he wouldn't look like a total scrub in the process...whereas in MMA he'd be ahead 100/100 times because you know he isn't gonna get surprise KOed.

Which puts him ahead overall in my mind.

Masvidal has good boxing for an MMA standarts. I will add Joe Grasso as an braindead coach on my list. If canelo and masvidal ever will box against eachother and canelo decides to not play with Masvidal i can't see him past 3 rounds with canelo

Hahaha

Canelo would destroy Jorge in boxing, wouldn't even be competitive.

Once again the MMA scene showing it's insecurities when it comes to boxing. Canelo would absolutely steam roll Masvidal.

Once again the MMA scene showing it's insecurities when it comes to boxing. Canelo would absolutely steam roll Masvidal.
Not according to a guy that knows more about boxing than you do, in Joe Goossen.

When Canelo was just beginning his amateur career Jorge was knocking grown men out.

When Masvidal was just beginning his career, Ali was already great for decades. Who would win the corpse or the alive person?
See how stupid you sound?

Goosen is a promoter too. He was Diego Corrales coach, you'll remember him from the Castillo fight putting in his gumshield after the 2nd knockdown and subsequent spitting out of the mouth piece and going "you better get fucking inside now" or words to that affect

Back