Boxing Trainer says Masvidal wouldn't get blown out by Canelo

He has been punching people longer, but unfortunately for him he's had to focus on other facets of MMA, wrestling, BJJ etc.....

Meanwhile Canelo has been training pure boxing his whole life. It would be a fun match but Canelo would put a beating on him IMO.
You're probably right. I just hate seeing people that think Canelo stops him in a round, not gonna happen.

I dont think he would win but he wouldnt get blown out in 6 rounds like you guys think. Depends on what you think being competitive is.
I can say for certain that going 12 rounds is not the definition of competitive. By that logic, Woodley was competitive with Usman.

Ummm, no he wouldn’t be competitive with Canelo and anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you the same snake oil that McGregor would be competitive with Mayweather.

It’s easy to fool Mma fans when they have no concept of boxing.

Canelo been boxing since he was in diapers. Masvidal is an MMA fighter.

No way. Canelo would lay him out.

I can say for certain that going 12 rounds is not the definition of competitive. By that logic, Woodley was competitive with Usman.
Forsure. Depends is he can make some of the early rounds close. Woodley never won a minute of that fight.

Ummm, no he wouldn’t be competitive with Canelo and anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you the same snake oil that McGregor would be competitive with Mayweather.

It’s easy to fool Mma fans when they have no concept of boxing.
Joe Goossen has no concept of boxing?

I dont give a shit what Goosen says, he has his own reasons for saying what he says. Canelo would take out Masvidal inside 3 rounds....not even worth discussing or considering. Its like a baseball manager saying yeah, Michael Jordan can hold his own in baseball but when he tried...not so much. Now if Goosen said he'd need a year of boxing only and then start with 4 rounders and slowly over 2 more years of increased opposition, and THEN Canelo, that would be more interesting of a discussion...but hold his own with Canelo now?.....bullshit

Well he won rounds so I would say it was competitive in spots. Wait your the kind of stupid that thought Floyd let Conor punch him in the face? Lol

I don’t think you know what you were watching.

Did you see Mayweather walk him down the entire fight? Mayweather never does that against anyone. He did it because he had no respect for anything McGregor had. He deliberately stayed in first gear to make it interesting.

If Floyd was concerned about Conor at all, he would’ve been on his bicycle the first few rounds as he always does.......and he still would’ve won those rounds. (And likely stopped him by the 4th) He obviously was putting on a show and boxed him as a father would box with his six year old son.

Joe Goossen has no concept of boxing?

Listen, I don’t care what Goosen says or his motivation for trying to push this completely silly narrative. Maybe he gets a kickback if the fight is made. Whatever it is, it’s silly and for the uneducated who only know mma.

And you'd be wrong about that, but its fine. He punched the shoulder because Conor dipped his shoulder down to throw the uppercut, he was aiming for the body.

No, he aimed for the face then redirected it to the left shoulder when he saw the counter uppercut coming at the last second, because he's a fucking boxing genius.

It's laughable that you think Conor had anything for Floyd.

I don’t think you know what you were watching.

Did you see Mayweather walk him down the entire fight? Mayweather never does that against anyone. He did it because he had no respect for anything McGregor had. He deliberately stayed in first gear to make it interesting.

If Floyd was concerned about Conor at all, he would’ve been on his bicycle the first few rounds as he always does.......and he still would’ve won those rounds. (And likely stopped him by the 4th) He obviously was putting on a show and boxed him as a father would box with his six year old son.
So if he want moving forward he would've stopped him in the 4th? But when he started walking him down it took an extra 6 rounds, thats silly. I agree he wouldnt have walked him down if he respected the power but dont act like he didnt want to finish him earlier if he could have. If Mcgregor was as bad a boxer as you think Floyd would've stopped him by the six. Conor was able to avoid alot of his shots before he gassed. But to say Floys put on a show or wasn't trying is just an opinion, 111 landed punches is a fact though.

No, he aimed for the face then redirected it to the left shoulder when he saw the counter uppercut coming at the last second, because he's a fucking boxing genius.

It's laughable that you think Conor had anything for Floyd.
Thats your opinion but the punch landed, not as clean as it could have but it was a landed scoring strike.

lqAiAYy.jpg

Just stop lol.

Would watch, wouldn't end nicely, Canelo is no old retired Mayweather that didn't train and partied in nightclubs for hours during the fight week.

masvidal was about to lose to diaz before the bullshit stoppage
canelo kills him

You're probably right. I just hate seeing people that think Canelo stops him in a round, not gonna happen.

Why not? Canelo is a hitter. Just KO'd Kovalev at 175.

If Mas fucks up Canelo will hurt him. This isn't an undersized pillow fisted Floyd Mayweather we're talking about here.

Mas has 4 rounds tops IMO.

In boxing? Canelo wrecks him. In mma?Masvidal wrecks him. In real life? Masvidal rapes him.
Jorge 2 Canelo 1

When Canelo was just beginning his amateur career Jorge was knocking grown men out.

Yeah, in sloppy backyard brawls against sloppy untrained tough guys.

Since then Canelo has gone out to rule boxing whilst Jorge is a ufc midcarder who has had a good year. Canelo would destroy him in a boxing ring.

Masvidal could beat up (highly unlikely!!!!!) Alvarez for 12 rounds but he ain’t winning that decision. Canelo Alvarez is the bad decisions king!

Yeah, in sloppy backyard brawls against sloppy untrained tough guys.

Since then Canelo has gone out to rule boxing whilst Jorge is a ufc midcarder who has had a good year. Canelo would destroy him in a boxing ring.

Canelo is 29 years old man thats crazy

almost a billionair and his resume is rediculus

Back