• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bodyweight deadlifts

I'd give even more props to somebody who lied, then achieved that lie through sheer humiliation avoidance. Cos that is method acting at its finest.

I remember on another UK MMA forum years ago. Somebody every now and then would pop up with lies or call outs. The MMA community back then was even smaller so the threads got intense and the bullshitters had less wiggle room. (In respect of fighting, rather than pullups lol).
Those were the days.
Here though, we have a fully anonymous shit talker who argued the hell in the thread then poof... off he goes.

I've been around for a bit, so I know a lot of people who can move a lot of weight or achieve a feat like a very high AMRAP. Rarely, if ever, have I seen someone say "I can squat 600 lbs with absolute perfect form" or "I'll do 100 burpees in 5 minutes with stellar form". The bolded words in his quote made it obvious he was full of shit: "Well considering I'm easily doing 100+ pushups and 30+ pullups with what would be called textbook perfect form"

41WBhemk+YL._AC_.jpg

Picture of @DoomPatrol I found

In @DoomPatrol ’s profile he’s quoted as saying:

“"Don't get me wrong, I've fucked a few hogs in my life. Fat pussy is better than no pussy, but I wouldn't date a fat bitch. Apparently you fuck hogs."

I bet he lied about that too and he has dated many fatties.

Well considering I'm easily doing 100+ pushups and 30+ pullups with what would be called textbook perfect form... I think I've tried this whole bodyweight training out.... It's almost like I've recommended people do BOTH.

There's nothing wrong with doing bodyweight exercises. I do them literally almost every day. They target muscle endurance more than limit strength.

So if you're not knocking out more push ups and pullups than me with perfect form then maybe shut up?

Isometrics are a great tool, but not the best tool for developing strength or muscle. In combination with better options like weights they are a great addition.

I think all intensity ranges are important to work. Low intensity is bodyweight shit. Medium to high intensity is easier to do and track progress using real
weights.

Yep depends on my bodyweight that number fluctuates. I'm 6'4 and 235ish. Been training pullups and weighted pullups regularly for about fifteen years now. I do them twice a week, once for reps and once weighted for sets of ten.

And yes I emphasize super strict form. Dead hang to chin above bar. No kipping around or any of that other cheating stuff. I don't like to cheat myself in the weight room as that only serves the ego.

My diet is shit so I've seen my max reps float round between 25 to 35 depending on my current bodyweight.

Who would lie on the internet? Today is my weighted pullups day. I'm happy to video that I guess if you're going to suck my dick on the forum every day after. It's only fair. Not sure how many reps with 30lbs in plates you think would equate to the raw numbers I'm talking about. Probably doing a set of roughly 15 weighted today.

23 pullups is a decent number I guess, but if you've been training them every week for fifteen years then really it's easily where you should be.

As far as the push-ups goes, same thing really except that every couple hours I get up from my work desk and bust out a 80% set with a really slow cadence. So I'm constantly greasing the wheels since I can always do them. Not good to sit at a desk all day without getting blood flow.

I am honored that you guys think I'm full of shit though. It's like the Internet version of a natty getting accused of taking steroids

You said you can do 15 reps with 30 extra pounds? How about doing 15 'strict' reps with just bodyweight? That's just 50%.....43% if we use your 35 rep number...

Back