Bo Nickal's career is being rushed

Bo was on a main event card in his second fight. He also said he will never fight on anything else again. This has not happened to anyone else.

A main event vs fighter to his level that he easily beat. The important thing is the level of opponents he gets, not the slot he fights in. There is a difference between marketing someone and hyping them and giving them opponents they can't handle. If he's getting opponents too high level and losing, then he's being rushed.

A main event vs fighter to his level that he easily beat. The important thing is the level of opponents he gets, not the slot he fights in. There is a difference between marketing someone and hyping them and giving them opponents they can't handle. If he's getting opponents too high level and losing, then he's being rushed.

I disagree tbh

I think putting any fighter on a main event card is rushing them regardless of who the match up is

If anything if his fighter is a scrub then it’s rushing him even more since everyone will want to fight him

It’s also unfair for who actually worked their way up

I disagree tbh

I think putting any fighter on a main event card is rushing them regardless of who the match up is

If anything if his fighter is a scrub then it’s rushing him even more since everyone will want to fight him

It’s also unfair for who actually worked their way up

You're talking the wrong business if you're talking about fair and working their way up. That doesn't really exist in the sport that relies heavily on promotional ability.

Bo wasn't even close to a main event. He was the opening fight on the main card of a PPV. If a fighter has hype, the promoter will put them in the spotlight. It's just how things work. He's booked for UFC 300 and will be on the prelims vs a guy who's 10-5. So no, he's not being rushed and yes the level of opponent does matter.

Bo is being moved along at the right pace right now. He's given opponents to his level, he's beating them quite easily and he's been given the spotlight to build his popularity and career.

And why would anyone complain about a fighter being promoted this early?? Especially if he's winning. For all the complaining fans make about UFC pay, this should be a good thing.

i think the same method should be applied to more experienced fighters after a couple of losses.

case in point is Matt Hughes after 2 losses in a row he fought 8 more times in 2001, most where pure cans but he got his mojo back and dominated after that. Best decision his manager ever did imo.
Yeah, good point. UFC could even have a true b-league if they did not want "water" down the cards for them to get their head back in the game.

Back