Which fighter is the UFC pulling for the most on 300 ?

Weili, and Bo are high on that list. Yan is relatively unknown here in the Western Hemisphere, except for the hardcores in here. Casuals certainly don’t know anything about her. Even though she’s been in the UFC longer.

Weili has had at least 3 major Chinese commercials. Pepsi, Audi, and Estee Lauder. So, Weili’s more well known in China, too.

Some people seem to think no matter what, there will still be a Chinese champion. That’s true, but one of them is exponentially more well known worldwide, and it isn’t even close.

And putting Bo on the main card pretty much says it all. There are 6 ex-UFC champions fighting on the pre-lims. I guess there’s the “prestige” of being on the ppv portion of the card.

But more people would see him if he was on the free portion of the card.

But, whatever.
You just (smartly) listed the marketable reasons that people will watch.
And, yup... You're right.

They want the Chinese girl to win.

Who does the UFC want to win? Max or Gaethje, really doesn't matter who. It's just marketing ammo for their next fight.

I think signing Kayla was more about getting her into the UFC fold and less about her actually winning. No way Nickal/Brundage should be on the main card over Miller/Green or Holm/Harrison.

Also WTF?? I just googled UFC 300 fight card, and this is what came up... very fucking weird.

1712715377520.png
1712715431907.png
1712715472145.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back