• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Bo Nickal was offered to step in to face Robert Whittaker in the main event; including a nice bump in pay. He explains why he couldn't take the fight

he was never going to take that fight lets be real
Right? He's been open about not wanting to rush his career. He's getting pretty slow step ups in competition so I highly doubt he would jump to the top MW on short notice. I guess he didn't really say he was going to take it anyway. I'm still not completly sold on Bo. Hopefully he gets a top 15 fighter next.

I wanted to see them go slow(er) with Bo... but it seems like he's about to take a giant step up in competition. I think he's ready for some ranked guys, but it's a shame that they're not taking more time with him.

Theyll do anything to fill a headliner slot, even ruin guys careers and just toss them a little extra cashola. Bo should be further along than Picketts, Brundages and landscape workers who train out of rural strip malls than now...his career has been a joke and he talks so much ginger shit. He also needs to be more active.

He will get a very easy fight like Viera for his next bout.

Wouldnt have been a smart booking, dont think he's ready for that. Bo's either one more win and then a top 15 guy or a back of top 15 guy next, someone like Curtis.

boknows.jpg

Not to take the fight

Bo doesn't think he's ready for top tier, I don't blame him about not taking it. I mean he's been saying it for awhile he wants to develop. Atleast he's honest which is more than most fighters.

Guy talks so much shit about beating every top fighters but when the time comes, he didn’t have signals to his cell phone? Give me a break.

Whitaker is a big step up from Brundage. I think they want to slow play Bo's career. I believe he has even said something along these lines. No way he was taking Whitaker on short notice.

I don't buy this at all. They've been playing his career safe. Why would they have had him fight a no name on the biggest card of the year and then offer him one of the top contenders a few months later? Makes no sense. If he's supposedly ready to fight Whittaker they would have given him a much bigger fight last time out.
Desperate times call for desperate measures & Bo undoubtedly has one of the biggest names at MW. It's not at all implausible.

9 days notice after a 3 day hunt and a long international travel to Saudi to face a top 5 guy… who has probably been on site for a while preparing. That is realistically a lot to ask of someone who wasn’t a previously known back up. Plus the dude has what, 6 fights ever? The smart move is not taking that fight under those circumstances.

Good call, Whittaker would've ended good career before it even got started

I wanted to see them go slow(er) with Bo... but it seems like he's about to take a giant step up in competition. I think he's ready for some ranked guys, but it's a shame that they're not taking more time with him.

Right? He's been open about not wanting to rush his career. He's getting pretty slow step ups in competition so I highly doubt he would jump to the top MW on short notice. I guess he didn't really say he was going to take it anyway. I'm still not completly sold on Bo. Hopefully he gets a top 15 fighter next.

Whitaker is a big step up from Brundage. I think they want to slow play Bo's career. I believe he has even said something along these lines. No way he was taking Whitaker on short notice.

I just wanted to say i agree with these posts. I'd rather see fighters developed properly instead of rushing and getting derailed, like Aaron Pico and Khamzat.

Back