bjj competition records

4 - 9 like a baws. 4 straight wins followed by 9 consecutive losses.

not sure about whether they were gi or no gi but I think I'm 46 and 22, white belt.

I have no idea. I know what comps I've won, and how I've done in major comps, but that's about it. I'm really glad I didn't start keeping track early. I don't want to know. Knowing makes it harder to be objective. I enjoyed chess a lot more before I got a rating.

2 -2 in BJJ with two tournaments. I plan on doing more eventually just not sure when.

As for Judo - no idea. I did probably 40 or so tournaments total. In the beginning I'm sure I had streaks of 7 or 8 losses in a row. I started competing after 2 or so months. As time went on I did get better to tournies where I placed after winning probably 4 in a row.

I have a few videos left. Sometimes they are hard to watch - even when I win. I'll maybe get one nice drop seoi nagi after a leg prop or something and the other three will be people try to pull me into uchi-mata or something but instead I just lower my center and pretty much dump them with all strength and get a real heavy pin.

I have no idea. I know what comps I've won, and how I've done in major comps, but that's about it. I'm really glad I didn't start keeping track early. I don't want to know. Knowing makes it harder to be objective. I enjoyed chess a lot more before I got a rating.

You can keep track and still be objective, also it's fun to know.

I am 0-9, including 2 submission losses.

Confirmed medals won by opponents:
Gold - 3
Silver - 4
Bronze - 2

This minus the chess bit: I don't have a chess rating.

hmmmm not sure how accurate

but think something like 7-5. two of the losses were from the US Open last year. I was only a blue belt for 2 weeks. lost an absolute match to a dude that had 80lbs on me (feather -> ultra) and then my normal match I was up on points, went for a standing pass, and got my knee reeped. ref didnt see when I tapped, couldnt be bothered to care either.

8 golds as a white belt... no losses gi or no gi
12 golds as a blue belt. 1 loss in gi and 1 in no gi to a black belt..

hmmmm not sure how accurate

but think something like 7-5. two of the losses were from the US Open last year. I was only a blue belt for 2 weeks. lost an absolute match to a dude that had 80lbs on me (feather -> ultra) and then my normal match I was up on points, went for a standing pass, and got my knee reeped. ref didnt see when I tapped, couldnt be bothered to care either.

2 or my losses were to a dude who had over 200lbs on me, lol

i lsot my first 4 matches.

since then i've gone a steady 48-7 in no gi.

This gives me some hope.

I am curently 0-2 in the gi, one loss by sub. I am 0-2 in Nogi, 2 losses by sub.

But I can honestly say that I have improved each tourney, and due to work am 5 months between comps. I cannot believe how much better I am now than then. So I am really excited for my Oct comp. That being said, I may be eating those words. LOL

EDIT:

CodeMonkey, I totally ripped off your wiki page idea. Thanks
User:Cjlewis01 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back