bjj competition records

Gold: 25
Silver: 13
Bronze: 17

Too many matches to count total W/L. Too many tournaments to go through them all and figure out which were which belt colour/NoGI division/et. cetera but I never competed as a White Belt or Novice/Beginner, so every medal is BJJ Blue Belt & above and NoGI Intermediate & above, the majority of them being higher colour belt/NoGI Advanced since I was promoted fairly quickly from Blue to Purple because of my competition results at Blue/Advanced. - E

400-0. There was a sambo match once where the guy threw me, but I don't count that since I didn't attend the rules meeting.

White Belt, Gi: 4-3
Novice, No Gi: 2-2
Beginner, No Gi: 2-0
Blue Belt, Gi: 0-2

Total: 8-7
Sub W-L: 4-1

Medals (edit): 2 Golds, 2 Silvers, 1 Bronze. (Plus 2 Bronzes for loosing at the Atlanta Open.)

I would say I'm an average competitor, just have to get some blue belt wins.

white belt-10-5
blue belt-gi 8-4

5-gold 1-bronze, 6 of my losses came in two competitions when I was just off my game big time, wish I could have those back.

out of my 18 wins 15 were by submission, all 8 of my wins at blue belt came via submission.

0-1 gi
0-2 nogi

Lost my very first match by flying armbar in just 40 seconds and the others on points. Looking to improve my record this upcoming Saturday..if I can get out of the mindset of it being "just another gym roll".

20-8 (17 subs)

here's the fun part about my record though: 12 of those subs came from bad jiu jitsu! (baseball bat chokes from bottom while letting them pass guard, and most recently, a loop choke that got finished inside my opponent's guard).

god that's horrible. I know as soon once I start competing in blue, I'll be getting smashed by people who, well, don't fall for that crap.

also, I hate doing stand up, and am the type of person that once I have grips, if you don't pull/sit guard, I will.

0-1 gi
0-2 nogi

Lost my very first match by flying armbar in just 40 seconds and the others on points. Looking to improve my record this upcoming Saturday..if I can get out of the mindset of it being "just another gym roll".

i'm not sure if i'm the best person to be talking about this, but i find it's actually pretty helpful to me to think of the matches as another gym roll. i don't have the mindset that it's a fight and i need to survive, i think of it as more of a fun roll. either your opponent is spazzy, and you need to treat them like one (roll harder), or they're very technical and good at it, in which case, you learn from it.

2-1.

All on points,
2 wins were close,
The 1 loss I was getting rag dolled (spent a decent portion of the match airborne).

I want to compete more but I signed up for something so I can't.
This something took 6 months to eventuate, and has only just started. Wish I competed more, had a friggin awesome time at my first and only comp.

Danm I want to choke some fools.

33-5 combined gi and nogi since 2011. 25 of those wins were consecutive, but so were my last three losses (all in the gi). 26 wins via sub and 2 losses, one of which was from Daniel Roberts.

The coolest medal I have is from the All Japan Combat Wrestling Championships. The most grueling tournament was Copa Redips in late 2011 where I did 11 matches in about 4 hours.

Japan is big on giving certificates at tournaments which I didnt like at first, but now I have a small binder of them in chronological order which is pretty neat. Its like a grappling portfolio or resume or something.

33-5 combined gi and nogi since 2011. 25 of those wins were consecutive, but so were my last three losses (all in the gi). 26 wins via sub and 2 losses, one of which was from Daniel Roberts.

The coolest medal I have is from the All Japan Combat Wrestling Championships. The most grueling tournament was Copa Redips in late 2011 where I did 11 matches in about 4 hours.

Japan is big on giving certificates at tournaments which I didnt like at first, but now I have a small binder of them in chronological order which is pretty neat. Its like a grappling portfolio or resume or something.

11 matches? F that, I had 7 matches once, and there was no way my body could of done another, but good for you thats awesome.

i worked out my matches out a few months ago, not the most impressive record but most of the losses are from white/early bluebelt.

i think ive missed out about 10 or so matches on this too.
61-31
(Wins by sub 48) (Wins by points 13)
(Losses by sub 14) (losses by points 16)
( Losses By DQ 1)
BJJ Gi record
(35-18)

NoGi record
(26-13)

I wish I knew. I recall tournaments I've won, that's about it (and those are certainly the minority among those I've entered). I'd guess my overall record in BJJ is around .500, maybe a little higher. I say that only because I can't really recall a time I lost my first match. Probably about the same in Judo, probably a little worse if you count only brown/black belt matches.

I train jiu jitsu for 9 months and ive only been to two tournaments

I've won 3 times and lost 3 times. the 3 times i won were by choke, either from mount or back. guy passed out in one of them.

the 3 times I lost were also by sumission, one armar from guard and two chokes from back.

so 3-3. Will improve this a lot on november, so help me God!

I've only competed in BJJ as a blue belt.

9 wins 3 losses. I'm not counting in house tournaments.

BJJ:
24-6
All my loses are by submission, except one on points (bad ref, bad scoring). I've lost 3 times in my first match, and all but one of my loses have been against the guy who won the category. I have a talent for getting into cursed brackets.

Injury record: 1 hyperextended elbow from an armbar. Bruised throat/trachea from a hadaka jime.

272 W (176 SUBs) - 138 L (29 SUBs) - 2 D

And just for a fun fact, picking apart those sub losses:

Rafael Mendes
Pablo Popovitch
DJ Jackson
Zak Maxwell
Lucas Lepri
Caio Terra
Otavio Sousa
Michael Langhi
Celso Vinicius
Bernardo Faria