Movies Birds Of Prey Bombs at Boxoffice with Only 33Mil

Of the more recent movies, Dr. Strange, Iron Man 2, and Thor: The Dark World barely squeaked past 200 mil. When most of their contemporaries grossed over 400 million. So massive box office success is not guaranteed. Obviously they are all still profitable hits but would be considered flops by Disney.

???

Iron Man 2 made more money than Iron Man 1

Over $600 million. Where are you getting your figures?

???

Iron Man 2 made more money than Iron Man 1

Over $600 million. Where are you getting your figures?
He is going by domestic numbers. Worldwide changes things a bit.

Dr Strange and Ant-Man made over a half billion worldwide. Total flop.

He is going by domestic numbers. Worldwide changes things a bit.

Dr Strange and Ant-Man made over a half billion worldwide. Total flop.

Yeah it made over $300 million domestic. In 2010, way before this MCU started really taking off. That wasn't until 2012 when The Avengers came out.

This "barely squeeked by $200 million" nonsense... where is it coming from?

Again, that's a credit to Kevin Feige's genius.

It's a credit to children, dude. And man-children. There is no genius at work here. It's gobs of $$$ being thrown at fan-service movies that take zero risk. These are the safest box office guarantee money making movies that could possibly be made.

you are the only person not understanding anything right now. i never mentioned a single thing about the MCU or Disney, yet you keep telling me about Fox, which is common knowledge. my original post that you quoted clearly stated MARVEL PROPERTIES

this hill you’re trying to die on is no bigger than an ant hill, bud.

It’s a spaghetti hill. Okay now we’ve cleared all this up and I can now sleep soundly tonight

It’s a spaghetti hill. Okay now we’ve cleared all this up and I can now sleep soundly tonight
tumblr_lzrcq4yHrl1rn1isao1_640.gifv

It's a credit to children, dude. And man-children. There is no genius at work here. It's gobs of $$$ being thrown at fan-service movies that take zero risk. These are the safest box office guarantee money making movies that could possibly be made.

Everyone has tried to replicate the formula and failed (DCEU, Godzilla universe, Universal Monster universe, Hasbro transformers-GI JOE) and Marvel did it with their B characters since they lacked Spider-man and X-men.

Its a formula but just look how DC tried to rush Batman vs Superman and Wonder Woman in its second film, while MCU build up avengers for years with 5 films, even sticking to the formula deserves credit.

As a huge fan of the Birds of Prey comics series, I sneer at this movie's mention. A lot to unpack here but, straight up, a great disservice is done to a bunch of great characters.

I saw the critics rating at 88% a couple of days ago and knew right away the fix is in.

Wait that’s already out? They did a shitty job promoting it.

DC is crap, I assume this movie is all about wimmen power too, literally terrible all around I'm not surprised it's a steaming pile of crap

Eh. It's and R rated chick flick action-er aimed specifically at Women. It's more like Hustlers than Wonder Woman, Black Widow, or Captain Marvel.

And It'll probably end up making at least 300 million world wide (Domestic + Worldwide) -- on less than a 100 million dollar budget. Far from a bomb.

This is what happens when as a studio, you take creative risks. Sometimes you hit a Home-run (Joker), and sometimes you hit a Single or Double (Birds of Prey).

I hate this type of pedantic criticism. It only punishes studios for taking creative risks in making their films. We should all be rooting for them to try different shit as opposed to just making the same freaking movie, over, and over, and over, and over, again.
+1

Is that M. Bison?

I don’t know why they would think a Suicide Squad spin off would be a good idea. Or a Suicide Squad sequel for that matter. Guess we’ll see how that one does too.

Suicide Squad was total dog shit. Worst DCEU movie of them all, somehow even worse than BvS imo.

Wait that’s already out? They did a shitty job promoting it.

Absolutely. I didn't start seeing TV spots till days before the release. Had initially assumed it was coming out in the big March weekend that films like 300 and Batman vs. Supes got.

I don't think the public awareness was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back