Movies Birds Of Prey Bombs at Boxoffice with Only 33Mil

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Smokes, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Smokes Black Belt

2. LHWBelt Gold Belt

Maybe superheros finally die down

3. Smokes Black Belt

Nope. marvel will kill it this yr with The Eternals

4. therealdope Titanium Belt

Trailer looked like shit.

5. Magooglie Steel Belt

I didn't even know this came out.

6. Alphaboy Silver Belt

7. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Eh. It's and R rated chick flick action-er aimed specifically at Women. It's more like Hustlers than Wonder Woman, Black Widow, or Captain Marvel.

And It'll probably end up making at least 300 million world wide (Domestic + Worldwide) -- on less than a 100 million dollar budget. Far from a bomb.

This is what happens when as a studio, you take creative risks. Sometimes you hit a Home-run (Joker), and sometimes you hit a Single or Double (Birds of Prey).

I hate this type of pedantic criticism. It only punishes studios for taking creative risks in making their films. We should all be rooting for them to try different shit as opposed to just making the same freaking movie, over, and over, and over, and over, again.

8. skarface Bañned

good, it looked stupid

9. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

The DC universe has an identity crisis. You just had an artsy R-rated "Joker" movie crack a billion dollars, and then it's right back to the "Suicide Squad" universe that everyone hated. They gotta pick a street. Keep Robbie as Harley Quinn, but get her the fuck out the Marvel wannabe shit. Ret-con the whole thing, and start fresh with a Harley Quinn origin in the style of "Joker", and try to cement that as the DC universe style going forward. This wannabe Marvel shit ain't working.

10. KnightTemplar Beskar Belt Platinum Member

I'd be surprised if Black Widow doesn't make healthy bank as well.

11. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

I'd be surprised if we could stop hanging ourselves on fictitious milestones, but just maybe if all the world's children would clap their hands at once...

12. Smokes Black Belt

I don't know about that one. Feels like a story that doesn't need to be told like Dark Phoniex. Black widow won't really add anything to the MCU storyline going forward cause its a prequel. So I am not sure how well that will do

13. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

If it's got "MARVEL" in the ads, it will make bank. They basically have a license to print money at this point. I can't even think of the last movie they made that didn't live up to/surpass expectations at the BO. It's crazy.

14. LEWIS540 .

Yup.

Like the McDonalds of film. Good, bad or indifferent they always sell remarkably well.

Got the formula down to a tee and the masses keep buying.....so no need to take any artistic risks,

15. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Marvel will keep on making the same solo movies over and over again, Avengers team up's aside, ad infinitum, as the mouth-breathing fans keep screaming to the heavens how all of them are so brilliant.

I've got tickets to see Bird of Prey tonight so i'll withhold judgement till I've seen it, unlike most of these maggots, who haven't seen it and are already proclaiming it d.o.a... which is NOT happening anyway, lol, because it's so inexpensive that it'll end up making bank as soon as it hits 300 million WW.

16. dissectingaorticaneurysm Red Belt

The lowest grossing MCU films were The Incredible Hulk (2008), Captain America: The First Avenger, Ant-Man and the first Thor- all of which grossed under 200 million domestic. Still way better than DC's flops, but they've had their share of underperforming movies.

17. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

Bragging about box office is a funny thing to lord over people. It's like saying look how many people agree with me but not really.

18. Stoic1 I bring the memes

I want to see Margot's boobies.

19. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

This n____a keepa it real tho

20. bubbleboyjones Belt Purple

I don't consider studios coming up with an Oceans 8 chickflick type movie as a creative risk. Margot Robbie was great Harley Quinn but they managed to shove her into a bridesmaides comic book movie while ruining her character with that stupid new accent she adopted which she didn't have before making her sound like a dumbass. Not to mention the marketing on this is just cringe.

This annoying movie poster sums up the terrible creative direction they went here. Margot Robbie is way better than this stupidity.

[​IMG]