Best performances with a jab...

Uriah Hall was piecing Costa the fuck up with his jab before he got caught and finished

So that probably wouldn’t qualify as a BEST performance??? Those moral victories are always great though, right?

giphy.gif

Agree with GSP-Kos.
I recall Mousasi-Latifi being a jab-fest but I haven’t watched that fight since it happened.

GSP Kos is definitely up there. Joshs face was numb for a year, after that. Also, Moose Vs Latifi.

Any Wladamir Klitschko after his resurgence...

His brother uses a very annoying jab against Samuel Peter. I wouldn’t call it a throw-away jab, but he is clearly using it, more or less, to set up his right hand...

Ike Quartay had an amazing jab...

De La Hoya was basically a one armed fighter when he first appeared on the scene. He had a very good jab, even though his money punch was the left hook. He was more of a two handed fighter when he fought Vargas, but he uses it well, especially in the middle of the fight...

Speaking of De La Hoya, Felix Sturm beats his ass with the jab. He loses in a robbery to set up De La Hoya/Hopkins, but many people think the fight should have gone to Sturm...

Winky Wright best Felix Trinidad up with his jab in their fight...

MAB controlled Rocky Juarez with his jab. Kind of a stinker compared to their first fight though...

BJS vs Lemiux was an excellent showcase of excellent footwork with a nice jab mixed in...

Hearns uses his jab beautifully the 2nd half of his fight with Leonard to build up a solid lead. Unfortunately he loses right before it gets to the cards.

Lenox Lewis used his jab well early to stifle Tyson’s offense, and then used it to set up the big shots towards the end.

Any Wladamir Klitschko after his resurgence...

His brother uses a very annoying jab against Samuel Peter. I wouldn’t call it a throw-away jab, but he is clearly using it, more or less, to set up his right hand...

Ike Quartay had an amazing jab...

De La Hoya was basically a one armed fighter when he first appeared on the scene. He had a very good jab, even though his money punch was the left hook. He was more of a two handed fighter when he fought Vargas, but he uses it well, especially in the middle of the fight...

Speaking of De La Hoya, Felix Sturm beats his ass with the jab. He loses in a robbery to set up De La Hoya/Hopkins, but many people think the fight should have gone to Sturm...

Winky Wright best Felix Trinidad up with his jab in their fight...

MAB controlled Rocky Juarez with his jab. Kind of a stinker compared to their first fight though...

BJS vs Lemiux was an excellent showcase of excellent footwork with a nice jab mixed in...

Hearns uses his jab beautifully the 2nd half of his fight with Leonard to build up a solid lead. Unfortunately he loses right before it gets to the cards.

Lenox Lewis used his jab well early to stifle Tyson’s offense, and then used it to set up the big shots towards the end.

Buster Douglas did a great job with his jab against Tyson as well. Tyson's eye was shut just from the repeated jab. I met Buster at a WEC fight in Columbus - he was such a nice guy. I told him that I watched his Tyson fight and how amazing he was that night. He shook my hand and said 'Oh thank you - much appreciated.'

Florian vs. Gomi

Florians jab is what won him that fight.

For us old timers, Muhamed Ali and Larry Holmes had awesome jabs.

Buster Douglas did a great job with his jab against Tyson as well. Tyson's eye was shut just from the repeated jab. I met Buster at a WEC fight in Columbus - he was such a nice guy. I told him that I watched his Tyson fight and how amazing he was that night. He shook my hand and said 'Oh thank you - much appreciated.'

The best part of that fight was when Tyson drops Douglas, Douglas just stands up like it’s nothing and just continues to give Tyson the business...

As for the swelling, the story is that Tyson and his corner were so sure that they were going to just blow through Douglas that they didn’t even bring the right tools to the fight...

So when Tyson’s eye got busted up, they had to use a rubber glove filed with cold water to try and reduce the swelling, since they didn’t even bring an enswell.

So he was eating that Douglas jab all night and the corner had no way of keeping the swelling down. It’s no wonder it ballooned the way it did.

Back