Best performances with a jab...

Bobbybackpack

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not just in the UFC but in MMA altogether, boxing or kickboxing/Muay Thai.

Off the top of my head:

Mousasi Vs Ilir Latifi

GSP Vs Koscheck

Ponzinibbio Vs Magny, Taleb

Joanna Vs Claudia 2, Andrade

Aldo Vs Edgar 1

I don't know any specific examples in boxing or kickboxing. Help me out here Sherbros.

For me personally was GSP vs anybody. I think he probably had the best jab game in the UFC in his heyday. Most underutilize the jab in mma but but GSP used it to set up everything.

Diaz-Silva.png

Silva knocking people out with jabs must be mentioned.

Penn used it really well in his day too.

GSP of course. Diaz, although not very traditional, always made good use of his jabs.

Not just in the UFC but in MMA altogether, boxing or kickboxing/Muay Thai.

Off the top of my head:

Mousasi Vs Ilir Latifi

GSP Vs Koscheck

Ponzinibbio Vs Magny, Taleb

Joanna Vs Claudia 2, Andrade

Aldo Vs Edgar 1

I don't know any specific examples in boxing or kickboxing. Help me out here Sherbros.

For me it's that time I got into a fight at Walmart

My obvious answer is gsp vs Kos. Was a masterful display in MMA.

A surprising one was Roger gracie vs James McSweeney. Like Roger trained the jab for a solid year. After the first round, you can hear Roger boxing coach ( who is chisoras boxing coach) say that eye is about to blow up keep jabbing at it. Sure enough it did wonders

Last edited:
Sean Pierson vs Matt Riddle

Dude ate jabs the whole fight

Kattar vs burgos was basically a master class of using the jab in MMA

PZgW61.gif

Batroc only lost to captain America because capt is juiced to the gills and was pulsing picograms. Fucking roidhead

just read that thread from 2007!
quite amusing.

It's also amusing that almost everyone in that thread was sooner or later Banned. Wonder what they all did?
Haha I noticed that as well. Three of four people on the first page said “ban” or “ban this motherfucker” and they were all banned now.

Uriah Hall was piecing Costa the fuck up with his jab before he got caught and finished

Back