Best performances with a jab...

Schilt had such an strong jab and lead leg front kick...

I remember hearing that part of that is because he is left handed, but fights in the conventional stance.

De La Hoya and Bisping do the same thing...

And guys like Winky Wright, Franklin, and Lawler are naturally right handed but fight in the lefty stance...
Bowling is a lefty?

*Bowling. Damn autocorrect

**Bisping! Autocorrect, fuck you!!!

in mma?

Penn vs Sherk is the gold standard of how to break someone down with a jab
followed closely by
GSP vs Kos

Most MMA fighters don't use it, know how to use it which is a shame (along with a teep).

Fights could be won (see Penn and GSP) and significant hurt put on an opponent just using a jab (which would frustrate and open opponents up so that you can land the big shots). Hands wrapped, small gloves means that your jab has basically become a power punch.

they took our jabs

Moose vs Rory
Sergi vs Big Country

Jan Blachowicz put on a jab clinic vs Cannonier. Beautiful speed and timing on that thing. Jared just couldn't figure it out

Bowling is a lefty?

*Bowling. Damn autocorrect

**Bisping! Autocorrect, fuck you!!!

Yup. Parillo mentions it in a post fight interview after the second Rockhold fight, and you can find pictures of the guy signing autographs with his left hand.

I know that there are other fighters who also fight with their dominant hand forward because of their grappling backgrounds as well...

Lombard is a righty but fights as a southpaw because I believe his judo background made him more accustomed to fighting with his power hand forward.

just read that thread from 2007!
quite amusing.

It's also amusing that almost everyone in that thread was sooner or later Banned. Wonder what they all did?

touch somebody with the jab and follow it up with a bag of skittles?

Back