• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best GnP ever: Jones, Cain, Khabib, Fedor?

Last edited:
Lol not only is that objectively false but you clearly didn't read either post at all.

Jon is my second pick but if you actually read my reasoning, you'll understand why stopping power wasn't my focus. Overall technique and application goes to Khabib imo. His GnP elevated every part of his game even further

As opposed to Jon's GNP also leading him to plenty of submissions, decisions, and overall grappling superiority too while just plain stopping tons of people in and of itself unlike Khabib's?

Yeah no, Khabib doesn't have better GNP than Jon mate. He finishes guys in seconds when he really unleashes it.

display

Jon Jones GNP literally led to articles about whether or not it was time to change the rules regarding grounded strike because he was fucking people up so badly down there. Nobody had ever seen a fighter cause the kind of damage he was doing.

As opposed to Jon's GNP also leading him to plenty of submissions, decisions, and overall grappling superiority too while just plain stopping tons of people in and of itself unlike Khabib's?

Yeah no, Khabib doesn't have better GNP than Jon mate. He finishes guys in seconds when he unleashes it.

display

Jon Jones GNP literally led to articles about whether or not it was time to change the rules regarding grounded strike because he was fucking people up so badly down there. Nobody had ever seen a fighter cause the kind of damage he was doing.
Lol you're way too worked up man. Relax and have a normal convo.

Jon does have good application of GnP but not with the same fine detailed applications. Jon has good top control and let's that shit rip with no concern. Very dangerous and very effective.

Khabib has built and entire system around tying all of his pins, GnP, and subs directly connecting. Ever single win of Khabib's other than the Gaethje fight is due to this approach. All of his finishes are a direct result of forcing people into dilemmas with his GnP.

Yes Jon has vicious GnP but GnP is Khabib's style

Lol you're way too worked up man. Relax and have a normal convo.

Jon does have good application of GnP but not with the same fine detailed applications. Jon has good top control and let's that shit rip with no concern. Very dangerous and very effective.

Khabib has built and entire system around tying all of his pins, GnP, and subs directly connecting. Ever single win of Khabib's other than the Gaethje fight is due to this approach. All of his finishes are a direct result of forcing people into dilemmas with his GnP.

Yes Jon has vicious GnP but GnP is Khabib's style

If you have to use numerous long detailed explanations of supposed "fine detailed applications" and Youtube videos to argue that AcHsUaLlY Khabib has better GNP than Jones instead of just looking at the results you've lost the plot.

By all means, please go field test Khabib's 15+ minutes of GNP vs Jones' 10 seconds and come back to us which one you'd rather take again.
Jeremy Botter first reported that Vera's face was broken in three places, and Cagewriter sources confirmed that Vera can't board a plane due to the injuries.

If you have to use numerous long detailed explanations of supposed "fine detailed applications" and Youtube videos to argue that AcHsUaLlY Khabib has better GNP than Jones instead of just looking at the results you've lost the plot.

By all means, please go field test Khabib's 15+ minutes of GNP vs Jones' 10 seconds and come back to us which one you'd rather take again.
Dog why are you so worked up? You're so upset over literally nothing lmao

Both are good. I think Khabib is better and you're losing your mind over it

Probably forgetting some good ones but here is a rough draft off the dome:

1. Khabib Nurmagomedov
2. Mark Coleman
3. Randy Couture
4. Fedor Emelianenko
5. Kevin Randleman
6. Rampage Jackson
7. Heath Herring
8. Cain Velasquez
9. Brock Lesnar
10. Jon Jones
11. Tito Ortiz
12. Alistair Overeem
13. Matt Hughes
14. Shogun Rua
15. Luke Rockhold
16. Mark Kerr
17. Gary Goodridge

3 strikers who usually weren't looking for the takedown but once they got on top they did massive damage and could finish someone within seconds:

Mirko Cro Cop
Anderson Silva
Wanderlei Silva

Fedor around the 3 minute mark shows Jacare and Mousasi how to GnP. It sounds like a gun shot.

The way he turns his hips into it from that position always made the difference between hitting someone and smashing someone.
That was a informative video about his thought process.

Music was cool too.

Gotta take points off for Cain, the two grapplers he fought he avoided going to the ground with. Fedor going into Nog's guard and beating him there is much more impressive.
True. I think Fedor's was better.

But Cain had really good GNP also. Remember how he overwhelmed Ben Rothwell, how he hit Brock when Brock was down, what he did to Bigfoot and JDS who are both Brazilian BJJ black belts.

Some people said Cain had pillow fists but I think he just didn't put 100% into every shot like Fedor and Khabib and Hendo usually did. Cain would overwhelm with volume, had the wrestling to break you down once you stood up and I also really liked how he would go to Knee On Belly and punch from there. He also had the cardio to punch all day. Definitely one of the best GNP artists

Definitely not GSP, he took down Condit and Nick, proceeded to GNP them for 20 minutes and went 49-46 and 50-45, respectively, but came out looking worse than both of them.
I agree. I don't have GSP in my top 20. He usually didn't hurt too many people on the ground with strikes but he definitely had some of the best takedowns ever and was very good at holding people down so it made his GNP grind strategy very successful. And even if someone stood back up he would just take them down again. A lot of people give him flack for not finishing more but it's definitely hard to finish Diaz, Shields, Condit, Hendricks, etc. He was great, just not as devastating at GNP as guys like Cain or Tito

Says the guy who won't even answer the basic question of who's GNP you'd actually rather take between Khabib and Jon's.
I didn't answer your question because you're being childish and emotional. You're responding to people on here who say anything of than Jon like they slapped your mom lol.

I'd absolutely take Jon's GnP over Khabib's. I'm 165 so I'd gladly take 1 or 2 shots and a nap over prolonged torture

I mean, yeah, khabib was very technical and this and that, but when I saw Jones gnp for the first time was also the first time I felt bad for the guy on the receiving end. It looked like it should be illegal.
I never felt like that so I really can't relate. There are lots of guys like Cain and Rockhold and Jon who have just vicious GnP. They get on top of you and it's a wrap. Without a doubt some dudes have the power and I'll intent to make GnP look fucking horrendous.

However, I can't think of anyone with GnP like Khabib. That's the big difference for me personally. For 99% of fighters GnP is just about getting on top and going wild. To take the least technical part of the game and turn it into a complex weapon? The grappling fanatic in me loves that.

End of the day they're all great at it for different reasons.

Fedor's GnP on Big Nog was scary as fuck, never seen anything like it, I'll go him

Reactions: HHJ
Back