• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Display of Acting on Film?

Patrice Oneal was a genius at dissecting social situations in both film and real life. Thank you for sharing. RIP.
He was one of my favorite people,and luckily thanks to youtube his biblical output is there for all to see. Ever check the Black Philip show? if not get on it with all haste.

He was one of my favorite people,and luckily thanks to youtube his biblical output is there for all to see. Ever check the Black Philip show? if not get on it with all haste.

I have, and as I said: brilliant in the way he is able to dissect social situations, lol. It is always a great listen.

This always stands out to me. I remember being surprised that Leo wasnt really retarded

When Kurt Russell found out Sam Jackson lied about the letter in hateful 8.

Please post any scene or scenes, that you believe showcase some of the best acting ever caught on film.

For me, the Russian Roulette scene in Deer Hunter comes to mind.

My favorite acting is when it does not even seem like they are in a movie.

I think Friday the 13th has the best acting. For real (not trolling).

^ i love this shit

Pretty much the entire movie of Titantic except the parts Bill Paxton is in.

Don't know if its the best but it's top notch

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was rule?"

Can't find a clip but the prelaunch scene in The Martian when Matt Damon breaks down was a pretty powerful and emotional scene that he played really well imo.

That and a Billy Bob Thornton in Slingblade. The entire performance is just amazing. I never respected BBT that much as an actor until I saw that film a few years ago. It's like it's not even him, he really became that character in the film.

Pretty much anything with Edward Norton, Mads Mikkelsen and Tom Hardy. It's rare whenever I watch these guys that I remember they're acting.

Recently, from Better Call Saul. Mike's episode about his son's murder. "I broke my boy." <{boneytears}>

Also, Heath Ledger as the Joker. He wasn't just an actor, he lived that role.

Don't know if its the best but it's top notch

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was rule?"

I found the coin flip scene in this movie as unreal. The unknown shop keeper was fucking fantastic.

I'm at a hotel bar right now but might post a few examples when I finally decide to stop drinking and go back to my room.

Maybe not the best, but I recently saw a movie about Jim Morrison that I was unaware existed. Val Kilmer was born to play that role.

Are you talking about "The Doors"? If so, how did you not know that movie didn't exist?

These two are my favorite acting scenes on film.

Bobby Canavale in Boardwalk Empire

This scene in The Shining

Back