Best combo of speed and power?

Robbie lawler
Carlos condit
Takanori gomi
Rashad evans

Rashad? He had literally one great KO punch vs. an old, chinless Chuck Liddell. That was it. He also had a head kick KO over Sean Salmon. Watch his fight with Machida (both were in their prime) and you'll see him beaten to the punch the entire fight until he gets finished.

There could only be one. Fedor.

Rashad? He had literally one great KO punch vs. an old, chinless Chuck Liddell. That was it. He also had a head kick KO over Sean Salmon. Watch his fight with Machida (both were in their prime) and you'll see him beaten to the punch the entire fight until he gets finished.
He had some explosive power doubles tho too

Kevin Randleman
CroCop
Bas Ruten
Gus
DC
Jiri
Yoel
Hector Lombard
Izzy
Koscheck
J. Hendricks
Wonderboy
Melvin Gulliard
Will Brooks
Edson B
Alexander Volk

Dodson was the first guy at 135 or less that I would watch expecting a knockout. True KO power, not just TKO.

Was Vitor. Now it's Garbrandt.

Good list

My top picks would be Fedor in MMA and Tyson in boxing

I'll add two Melvin's to your list - Melvin Guillard and Melvin Manhoef. Very explosive, huge power.

You know you're heavy handed when you're a MW and you KO Mark Hunt.
It was more about a 300lbs+ Hunt throwing his whole weight into that punch than anything.

Hooks? MIchael Johnson and Lombard.

Straight shots? Vitor Belfort.

Prime Vitor or, if you count guys who only briefly fought MMA, Tyrone Spong.

Francis has such power that with his more than adequate speed he's up there.

Of the little guys definitely Garbrandt and Lineker.

Honestly though it shouldn't be that surprising these two go together, speed in itself is a way to generate power.

I think Mirko is probably the best example of that, during his second UFC run and afterwards he actually put on a lot more muscle, Pride Mirko was more like 225lbs but that latter Mirko was more like 240ishlbs yet he wasnt getting the same kind of KO's because he didnt have the speed to generate power in his strikes.

Back