Best combo of speed and power?

Stephen A. Smith

giphy.gif

But seriously, I agree with Vitor, and he's the first guy to 'pop' in my head. See what I did there? :D
Top tier athlete.

Prime JDS is a good mention.

Not a big fan of Joe B but he is as fast and hits as hard as 99% of flyweights that have ever competed.

I completely disagree.
Non of the new fans know he was introduced as a gracie in his debut.
Unless they heard it on JRE or something.
I’ve completely given up hope with the “new fan”.. Learning from JRE doesn’t help them either!!

Francis Ngannou is actually extremely fast for a 265 pounds man.

Not that fast. I'm pretty sure most HW's can shadow box like that. Especially because those are light punches. It's a lot easier to move your hands very fast if you're putting little power behind them. Go watch any other top HW hit pads and you'll see there's bothing special about this. And if you want real speed, watch Tyson in his prime.

McGregor back at FW had a great combination of both attributes.

McGregor
Anderson
Pico
Jon Jones
Fedor
Garbrandt
Holloway

Boxing: Ali, Tyson and Roy Jones Jr

In no particular order, what comes to mind:

Igor
Fedor
Manhoef
Aldo
Daley
Rumble
Guillard
Henderson (for at least the one punch)
Lawler

Im sure I’m missing some, and there others that I’m thinking of that I’d favor over some of those I’ve listed in a striking match but think it’s more to do with accuracy or timing (like Anderson or Conor). Guys like Francis and Lewis probably also deserve mention if I’m throwing Hendo in there. Fast enough for one punch at a time with that power, for sure.

Not that fast. I'm pretty sure most HW's can shadow box like that. Especially because those are light punches. It's a lot easier to move your hands very fast if you're putting little power behind them. Go watch any other top HW hit pads and you'll see there's bothing special about this. And if you want real speed, watch Tyson in his prime.
If Ngannou had the technique of a top heavyweight boxer, he'd be amongst the fastest guys there too.
As for Mike Tyson: he was fast as fuck, but it's much easier to throw fast combos at 5'10" ~220 pounds and with a 71 inch reach than it is at 6'4" ~265 pounds with an 83 inch reach.

Speed and Coke....yep count me in!

After watching rumble fight, while he has ungodly power, his speed is pretty fucking crazy too. Which fighters have the best combo of speed as well as power? And who has it the most?
From the top of my head, tyron, yoel, Fedor, crocop, Francis, rumble to name a few. I think Chad Mendez was pretty gifted too.
This can make up for the deficiency in skill, imo.
There is only one answer....<Fedor23>

Honestly I feel like Rockhold had much more potential than what we ultimately saw of him.

Back