Benson post fight speech

In the wise words of Max Kellerman, Benson Henderson has way too much heart for one person. His confidence and passion are off the charts cuz.

As a long time hater of Bendo I must applaud him. Big props for being a good sport about it.

Actually hoping he will win his next fight.

I guess I'm the only one who has zero sympathy for Bendo. He's adopted a fighting style against top fighters where every single one of his fights is razor thin. He doesn't go for the finish and his output is consistently low. Despite all of that, he's managed to absolutely steal decisions in a number of fights. This is what they call karma, folks.

It took more than 3 years but Bendo has finally made me a fan. He was actually trying to finish at a couple points in that fight, for the record. He should try more head kicks like that! I mean...with the size of his legs...he could have some of the most feared head kicks at LW if he made it a bigger part of his game.

The fact that he still said his usual thing about Christ even though he was enraged actually made me like him more, too. I do believe he is just on a bad run and can easily get to the top again some day. I look forward to seeing more of 'pissed' Bendo in the octagon.

Feed him Siver (if he is willing to move up) or make a fight vs Jury

What looked bad is his delivery. His body language and tone showed bad sportsmanship and he was not handling it well. He came off like he felt screwed and reverted back to his simplistic way of coping in a loud, over-animated manner. For the record I think he won, and I had hoped he would choke out Cerrone.

I felt bad for him. During the interview I thought I heard someone from the crowd yell out 'you snooze you lose!' I guess they were just trying to get Benson to cry because what they said doesn't make any sense.

Just made a life time fan.

That's a former world champ, on a 3 fight skid, having been strong armed into a dangerous fight on 2 weeks notice and getting the short straw.

Literally defined class.

2 fight loss, he beat khabilov after the loss to pettis.

To be fair 90% of his wins seem to be razor thin decisions...can't be surprised when one or two go against him

I couldn't believe the crowd was booing him after he just got robbed. You could tell how intense he was, I felt for him. He handled that like a boss though

I couldn't believe the crowd was booing him after he just got robbed. You could tell how intense he was, I felt for him. He handled that like a boss though

For one, he didn't really get robbed. The fight was a razor-thin decision and that was reflected in the fact that one of Sherdog's judges scored the fight for Cerrone. As for the crowd booing him, it's because Bendo wore a Seahawks shirt to the post-fight interview and they'll be playing the Patriots for the Super Bowl - this has been addressed numerous times earlier in the thread. Thanks for comin' out tho.

He didn't show much class.

He had absolute disdain written on his face in the post fight interview regarding the decision.

That's a former world champ, on a 3 fight skid, having been strong armed into a dangerous fight on 2 weeks notice and getting the short straw.

Literally defined class.

He actually beat Josh Thomson and Rustam Khabilov between his losses to pettis and RDA

I almost forgot about the fights too, very forgettable

One of Sherdog's play by play writers (TJ De Santis) had it for Cerrone. Just saying it's not as clear cut as some are making out in here.

For one, he didn't really get robbed. The fight was a razor-thin decision and that was reflected in the fact that one of Sherdog's judges scored the fight for Cerrone. As for the crowd booing him, it's because Bendo wore a Seahawks shirt to the post-fight interview and they'll be playing the Patriots for the Super Bowl - this has been addressed numerous times earlier in the thread. Thanks for comin' out tho.

Thanks for comin out tho? why are you attempting to be condescending.

Oh, one of the Sherdog writers score the bout for Cerrone so hands down not a robbery. I guess well just ignore Cerrones real time body language and his shrug at the announcement.

GrippingSerpentineAnaconda.gif

Apologies for not reading through all of the comments.

idk if that decision is such bullshit. Cerrone definitely won the 1st and the 2nd is questionable. The third I gave to benson but that was a VERY close fight. It couldhave gone either way, although benson was definitely the aggressor, donald had nice counters when he connected and put together much better combos.

I had no idea who would get the decision, i don't think it was crazy.

Thanks for comin out tho? why are you attempting to be condescending.

Oh, one of the Sherdog writers score the bout for Cerrone so hands down not a robbery. I guess well just ignore Cerrones real time body language and his shrug at the announcement.

Apologies for not reading through all of the comments.

I was being condescending, no attempts about it.

Cerrone's body language isn't conclusive of whether or not he lost. There are plenty of times where a fighter has though he's lost a fight but ends up justifiably winning. That's because it's difficult to accurately and objectively score a 15 minute long fight when you've been one of the two participants in said fight. Paid MMA journalists and 25% of people on the 'Dawg thought that Cerrone won (not to mention the judges) - that should be enough to convince you that this fight wasn't as clear-cut as you think.

Literally defined class.

Bendo is truly one of the classiest guys out there.

I love the Bendo-hater logic trying to justify him losing this fight because of past fights.

Back