Benson post fight speech

This is exactly why I don't like Bendo as a person. Blind obedience. Slave morality. Typical Christian drone. He should stand up for what he believes in. You could see him thinking "but then why did you abandon me, jesus?" when he said that he gets his strength from jesus.

This is exactly why I don't like Bendo as a person. Blind obedience. Slave morality. Typical Christian drone. He should stand up for what he believes in. You could see him thinking "but then why did you abandon me, jesus?" when he said that he gets his strength from jesus.

Does your brain hurt when you try to think? I am trying to figure out how such levels of stupidity are possible.

Standing up for what he believes in exactly what he did. It would have been easy, and forgiven, if he bitched about losing and the horrible decision, but what he believes in says be the better man, and he was.

Does your brain hurt when you try to think? I am trying to figure out how such levels of stupidity are possible.

Standing up for what he believes in exactly what he did. It would have been easy, and forgiven, if he bitched about losing and the horrible decision, but what he believes in says be the better man, and he was.

How is not contesting a loss, being the better man ?
He didn't have to moan or complain, all he needed to do was speak up?

He didn't speak up for the fact that he has been given dubious decisions in the past and it would have been extremely hypocritical of him to complain.

Jesus wanted him to lose that fight for some higher purpose, that's why he lost the decision.

Never leave it to the judges.

Right, because fighters are so stupid that their game plan is actually leave the fight to the judges.
Also, everybody knows that finishing a Top 5 fighter is a pretty easy thing to do.

He thought that the decision was wrong, he did not stand up for that. Instead he took the easy way out by humblebragging. Bitching about it and being butthurt about something is a different thing than being assertive, standing up for yourself and simply pointing out that you think an error was made that caused you injustice. He probably will explain this cowardice behaviour as humility to god.

he pretty much threw the fight, he could have done wayyy more
even his post fight speech can't excite me.... boring fighter Nate Diaz would beat him anyday

How is not contesting a loss, being the better man ?
He didn't have to moan or complain, all he needed to do was speak up?

He didn't speak up for the fact that he has been given dubious decisions in the past and it would have been extremely hypocritical of him to complain.

Because speaking up does nothing except keep you rooted in the past. Benson is on to the future. He made it clear he thought the decision was crap, whining further served no purpose. If he did complain you would probably bitch about that too.

he pretty much threw the fight, he could have done wayyy more
even his post fight speech can't excite me.... boring fighter Nate Diaz would beat him anyday

hendersondoazfight_2422977b.jpg

What looked bad is his delivery. His body language and tone showed bad sportsmanship and he was not handling it well. He came off like he felt screwed and reverted back to his simplistic way of coping in a loud, over-animated manner. For the record I think he won, and I had hoped he would choke out Cerrone.

I think that's the point. He was clearly mad, but he had the presence of mind to control himself when the microphone was shoved in his face right after the decision. A lot of people wouldn't have had the maturity to do that.

He also showed he wasn't a religious hypocrite when he gave thanks after getting robbed. Respect to Bendo

He was seething. You could tell he kept biting his tongue and wanted to say something but manned up. Good promo.

He knows he's been on the good side of shit decisions more than the bad side.

This is how to act like a man, not a child who make excuses. Respect to you Ben.

Cerrone even looked at Bend and shrugged his shoulders toward Ben after the decision.

Cerrone thought he lost. Cerrone's corner thought he lost.

Bendo clearly thought he won but took the high road and didn't complain though you could tell he was furious.

Bendo is a great guy. So is Cerrone. I hope Bendo will get in the top 5 mix again.

Back