Benson post fight speech

That's one of the many reasons I love Bendo. He knew it was bullshit but he knows that Cerrone is a good man and it wasn't his fault, and he knows that whining about it would get him nowhere. Onwards and upwards, bragh.

I try to like him, I really do, but there's just something about him that makes me hate him instead.

I think it's a combination of the Jesus crap, the annoying hair, the Jesus crap, his boring as shit title run, the Jesus crap and the Jesus crap.

Just shut the fuck up about it.
NO Benson, you clearly CAN'T do all things, you can't even keep your hair from covering your eyes in a goddamn fist fight.

Chill dude, looked good against a stellar opponent too, in Cosplay.

I was being condescending, no attempts about it.

Cerrone's body language isn't conclusive of whether or not he lost. There are plenty of times where a fighter has though he's lost a fight but ends up justifiably winning. That's because it's difficult to accurately and objectively score a 15 minute long fight when you've been one of the two participants in said fight. Paid MMA journalists and 25% of people on the 'Dawg thought that Cerrone won (not to mention the judges) - that should be enough to convince you that this fight wasn't as clear-cut as you think.

you were sounding more like a teenage girl who says stuff like "kthxbye" than anything else.

Aside from that, who did you have winning the fight?

Even though I had him losing 2-1, I did like how he held back an obvious "fuck" and turned it into "forget" lol

you were sounding more like a teenage girl who says stuff like "kthxbye" than anything else.

Aside from that, who did you have winning the fight?

You know what saying that, ironically, makes you sound like? I've never even heard that term used. For the record, I had it 29-28 Bendo but I could easily see round 2 going to Cerrone - especially given judges' hard-on for takedowns.

Smooth all the way. Hope he bounces back strong, his record got stained badly.

I love the Bendo-hater logic trying to justify him losing this fight because of past fights.

Spot on brother.

If he continues to fight as he did last night he will have the belt back. He did great, I thought he won. If he fights pettis the same way he'll win, as long as the judges get it right. Good job Henderson

Every now and then I watch a fight and feel like I"m seeing something different from everyone else. Cerrone vs Bendo was one of those fights. I didn't have the sound on for the first two rounds and felt that it was a close (somewhat boring) fight but I had the slight edge for Cerrone. I had the sound on for the 3rd and was kind of shocked to hear Rogan speak as though Bendo had it wrapped up. I thought Ben clearly won the 3rd but I was really surprised that everyone thought Bendo won the fight.

I'd rewatch it to see what I'm missing but I don't really want to sit through it again.

In regards to his reaction that was about as close as someone can come to losing it but pulling it in instead.

Yep. Lots of class by Benson to the obviously bad decision.

I don't get why people are thinking this is as bad as Diego/Ross, or Shogun-Machida I. It was a really close fight throughout the duration, and Donald had the momentum of a 6 fight win streak going in, and the admiration of taking such a fight on really short notice. If it was really close like it was, who did you think was gonna get the nod?

I thought he won a very close decision.

He just needs to be more aggressive. He goes out there like its a sparring session

Watched this morning.....thank god I did because if I had watched this after the Packer loss I would have thrown my TV out the fucking window with that decision. Having now calmed a bit.....

Benson has always been a model fighter, and in the end wins/losses really make little difference in the UFC. Fights are based on matchmaking but somebody with as many accolades as Benson doesn't need some multi fight win streak to get a title fight. He has enough clout to decide who he wants to fight next and I hope he decides to get back in there soon.

To say what he said in the face of such a terrible decision shows deep character on his part. Ben is one of the good guys.

Donald had the momentum of a 6 fight win streak going in, and the admiration of taking such a fight on really short notice. If it was really close like it was, who did you think was gonna get the nod?

Thats exactly whats wrong. Thats not how a fight should be judged. just cuz a guy is a complete badass and took a fight on short notice with a winning streak doesnt mean he should get bonus points for it.

I was pulling for Cerrone bigtime in the fight too but you have to leave your memory at home when judging fights and cant base it on anything other than whats happening directly in front og you. Anything other than this is just plain wrong

Watched this morning.....thank god I did because if I had watched this after the Packer loss I would have thrown my TV out the fucking window with that decision. Having now calmed a bit.....

Benson has always been a model fighter, and in the end wins/losses really make little difference in the UFC. Fights are based on matchmaking but somebody with as many accolades as Benson doesn't need some multi fight win streak to get a title fight. He has enough clout to decide who he wants to fight next and I hope he decides to get back in there soon.

He did call out Dana to give him a fight; one could say that was emotion talking, but I think he's fired up to jump back in ASAP.

It was sad watching it live last night. I like both dudes, but even Cowboy acknowledged the shit decision.

was kind of cringe worthy. dude was pumped and yelling and wanted the boston crowd to applaud for him...but they no sold the fuck out of his speech lol

Back