Benson Henderson: "Mackenzie Dern Will Be Bigger Than Ronda Rousey"

dafoe.gif

Her BJJ is world class and she has a ton of potential but they need to resist the urge to try to fast track her. Her striking and takedowns still look very rudimentary (as you'd expect) and she's going to get tooled if she runs into someone she can't drag to the mat.

All the younger girls I know who train BJJ love her, the same ones who couldn't get enough of Ronda.

Mackenzie is the best though, I can't wait to see her in the UFC.

VswNaJ4.gif

To sweep a 100 lbs heavier monster is something that shows true skill. Mackenzie has a really bright future if she's able to take a punch.
So many bjj practicioners are delicate as hell when you punch them in the face or kick them in the ribs.

Edit: Plus, she's american with brazillian heritage, fluent in both countries' languages. She's gonna be a big draw if she learns to bang. Only way she would be more popular was if she actually had Gracie as a last name.

until she comes up against an elite striker with takedown defence, not sure on weight class but no amount of BJJ will win against someone like Joanna

23 years old and 1-0 in mma with a three round DECISION

ronda started her career with SEVEN first round subs with a judo background

let's crown her

She will be bigger than honda. I been around her since she was 7yrs old. She is a beast on the mats and soon she will hold gold in the ufc . I give it two more years before she in the ufc.

23 years old and 1-0 in mma with a three round DECISION

ronda started her career with SEVEN first round subs with a judo background

let's crown her

Ya but honda loss and looked what happened to her. Not impressive at all.

Her BJJ is world class and she has a ton of potential but they need to resist the urge to try to fast track her. Her striking and takedowns still look very rudimentary (as you'd expect) and she's going to get tooled if she runs into someone she can't drag to the mat.

At 115? Women divsion is weak. She'll be fine.

until she comes up against an elite striker with takedown defence, not sure on weight class but no amount of BJJ will win against someone like Joanna

Joanna fights at 115?

Back