Benson Henderson: "Mackenzie Dern Will Be Bigger Than Ronda Rousey"

I'm pretty sure Mackenzie only has one win over Gabi and has lost against her more than she has won, and that win came via point deduction due to a penalty-- but, at the very least, that shows she has the courage to compete against someone basically twice her size, multiple times, without giving up.

Cool. Thanks. I don't follow a lot of grappling only tournaments or a lot of women tournaments but I know some of the more popular names and I know Gabi is bigger than Wanderlei Silva.

mckenzieAtamaWomensGi.jpg

YES! I'm officially a fan now.

good debut , the other girl had a kickboxing backround so we will have to wait and see in more fights.

Last edited:
lol that's petty shit considering Mackenzie got submitted by her like 4 or 5 times and never bitched about it (at least, as far as I know).

In terms of MMA, Mackenzie at least didn't put on a ridiculously sloppy bum-fight in her debut, nor was she dropped by a literal pro wrestler.

Yea, Dern was talking about it on the MMA Crying Hour, and she told the whole story about what went down between them. She said she was quite friendly with Gabi and never said a bad thing about her.

All fat jokes aside, says that somebody is going to be bigger than Rousey then proceeds to tell everybody to "look her up". This girl is very good looking and may turn out to be a hell of a fighter, but you don't just become a star by being good looking.

I'm not so sure.....talk to Paige about that.

Cool. Thanks. I don't follow a lot of grappling only tournaments or a lot of women tournaments but I know some of the more popular names and I know Gabi is bigger than Wanderlei Silva.
Gabi recently cut down to 200lbs and that's actually the lightest weight she has ever competed at as far as I know.

Honestly, no female will be as big as Ronda. Stardom like she got comes everyone once is a lifetime. And she got popular for spamming one move over and over again and if not for her there wouldn't even be a women's division.

I'm not so sure.....talk to Paige about that.
Paige is a star? Why is she not main eventing? Just because the UFC tells you she's a star, that doesn't mean that she actually is.

Bigger than Ronda, you say... does she have the hookup at a pizza place that also serves really good wings?

That's cool an all but...

56010449.jpg
The OP says who it is...
You just saw a pic of her, her name, and a list of her very impressive accomplishment before MMA, and that she just won her MMA debute.
What else is there to know? Were u born knowing Ronda? we're talking about a prospect...

289219_623225_img_20160630_wa0061.0.0.jpg

"Go look her up, she is a multiple-time jiu-jitsu world champion. She's won ADCC. She's won Abu Dhabi. She's won Worlds. She's the current No. 1 ranked female jiu-jitsu practitioner on the planet. She has an amazing work ethic. She's an amazing athlete. She definitely needs to work on her MMA skills, but her ground game in phenomenal. Any women on the planet goes to the ground with Mackenzie and Mackenzie is going to tap her, or dominate her like she did her first opponent."

FULL LINK: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/8...ckenzie-dern-will-be-bigger-than-ronda-rousey

Inb4 fat jokes.

Toothpick bless.
Abu Dhabi and ADCC are the same things

I don't know if she'll be bigger than Rousey but her fight with Kenia Rosas was awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back