News Bellator 273: Bader vs Moldavsky - January 29th 2022

Don't get this company sometimes. Beats Brian Moore, lets have a step up against.....Blaine Shutt??
Mikhailov is 7-1 and only 23 years old. And is not considered to fight in the GP

He dominated Moore for 2 rounds but got himself in trouble in the third. Maybe they want for him to build some hype and a highlight reel first before throwing him to the wolves. He has plenty of time to fight better guys

Mikhailov is 7-1 and only 23 years old. And is not considered to fight in the GP

He dominated Moore for 2 rounds but got himself in trouble in the third. Maybe they want for him to build some hype and a highlight reel first before throwing him to the wolves. He has plenty of time to fight better guys

This is a step back though, Shutt is significantly worse than Moore. I don't mind a sideways step to fight someone of a similar level to see if he can beat them more clearly but a step down is where they go wrong with the booking then fighters lose when they do make the step up again. This is where they screwed up with Gallagher.

Don't get this company sometimes. Beats Brian Moore, lets have a step up against.....Blaine Shutt??
I want to assume this is a short-notice replacement. I dont think Mikhailov traveled all the way from Russia to fight Blaine fucking Shutt.

Maybe he was scheduled to fight someone like Mattos or Perez.

This is a step back though, Shutt is significantly worse than Moore. I don't mind a sideways step to fight someone of a similar level to see if he can beat them more clearly but a step down is where they go wrong with the booking then fighters lose when they do make the step up again. This is where they screwed up with Gallagher.
90% of their matchmaking makes sense for the cards announced this year, so maybe its just a bad short-notice replecement. Or just part of that 10% shit matchmaking (Mamedov vs Benson, Homasi vs Willis, Queally vs Mousah).

I want to assume this is a short-notice replacement. I dont think Mikhailov traveled all the way from Russia to fight Blaine fucking Shutt.

Maybe he was scheduled to fight someone like Mattos or Perez.
True, Bellator doesn’t announce matchups often. For example, Eblen was scheduled to face Salter but he pulled out. However the bout was never announced so the Eblen bout vs a newcomer was headscratching

I wish he was fighting Gaston Bolaños but looks like Almeida is fighting a warm body after his ground game got exposed during his last fight. His fighting someone with 0 ground game to continue his progression.

Im assuming Brennan is on a prospect contract and will fight cans until his next contract. These type of match ups might look like a waste of time but they are grtting him some cage experience.

Im assuming Brennan is on a prospect contract and will fight cans until his next contract. These type of match ups might look like a waste of time but they are grtting him some cage experience.
Lugo is a decent challenge, I thought he drew with current UFC fighter Natan Levy since he almost finished him in the second round.

Rosta said in the last post fight conference that Cotton ducked him and now he's pulling out again, shocking. I don't know why Rosta is chasing this fight, he will never fight him lol

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif

I wish he was fighting Gaston Bolaños but looks like Almeida is fighting a warm body after his ground game got exposed during his last fight. His fighting someone with 0 ground game to continue his progression.
Is Gaston still under contract with them? I'd have thought they'd be done with him after his hype got buried.
It was a bit silly of Rosta to think he could bait Cotton out of retirement.
I'd say Cotton not fighting is a dissappointment, but the guy did nearly lose his debut while having top control for the most part.

Just not a natural fighter. The Bellator fab 5 was a sham

Is Gaston still under contract with them? I'd have thought they'd be done with him after his hype got buried.

I'd say Cotton not fighting is a dissappointment, but the guy did nearly lose his debut while having top control for the most part.

Just not a natural fighter. The Bellator fab 5 was a sham
Pico i think will hold the title in next couple years, he's on the right path now after a tough run there. Joey Davis is a guy who I think could be a top 5 WW, insanely talented but is MIA

Back