News Bellator 273: Bader vs Moldavsky - January 29th 2022

Wow!!!! Tough pick on this one … I like this matchup
We are still 5 weeks away and Cotton is notorious for pulling out of fights, so fingers crossed that this fight happens.

Dalton Rosta is Bellator Paulo Costa. 100% Natty, even the names are similar

Fortunately there is no USADA in Bellator.

Look at him compared to Vanderford, he looks enourmous. No wonder he isn't so active, he must drop 50 pounds for his weight cut

His quads are also humongous

Look at him compared to Vanderford, he looks enourmous. No wonder he isn't so active, he must drop 50 pounds for his weight cut

His quads are also humongous

Even Faraldo looks bigger than Vanderford. Lets not forget that Vanderford used to fight at 170, I think Vanderford would thrive at 175.

I know its forced perspective making Rosta to look bigger than Oleinik but damn, looks about the same size as the big boys. I think he would do well to go up to 205 eventually, it cant be healthy to cut so much weight.

Even Faraldo looks bigger than Vanderford. Lets not forget that Vanderford used to fight at 170, I think Vanderford would thrive at 175.

I know its forced perspective making Rosta to look bigger than Oleinik but damn, looks about the same size as the big boys. I think he would do well to go up to 205 eventually, it cant be healthy to cut so much weight.
That's Sabah Homasi, but the point still stands since Homasi is a Welterweight. Why is Vanderford at Middleweight btw? I see that his first Bellator bout was at 175, so did he just have trouble cutting to 170?

The weight classes should be reorganized to 155, 165, 175, 185 and leave the rest.

That's Sabah Homasi, but the point still stands since Homasi is a Welterweight. Why is Vanderford at Middleweight btw? I see that his first Bellator bout was at 175, so did he just have trouble cutting to 170?

The weight classes should be reorganized to 155, 165, 175, 185 and leave the rest.
I 100% agree on the weight classes but Coker has mentioned that he doesnt want to be the first one to make the switch. He kind of wanted the UFC to make the move first, and they would follow suit. No idea ehy he doesnt want to be at the vanguard of the switch.

As far as Vanderford, I guess he was having trouble cutting or his cardio was not there at 170. Perhaps good ol' @DoctorTaco can help us get an answer with that.

I 100% agree on the weight classes but Coker has mentioned that he doesnt want to be the first one to make the switch. He kind of wanted the UFC to make the move first, and they would follow suit. No idea ehy he doesnt want to be at the vanguard of the switch.

As far as Vanderford, I guess he was having trouble cutting or his cardio was not there at 170. Perhaps good ol' @DoctorTaco can help us get an answer with that.
Austin isn’t a big 185er And started his career at 170, But I think he definitely outgrew that weight class. Out of respect I won’t talk about his walk around weight because I don’t know if he’s ever put it out there publicly, but he is so ungodly strong, athletic, and explosive that fighting at 185 and not having a hard cut makes the most sense for him.

Its an overall pretty decent card but you can count on Mamedov to stink up the card with a hugfest. Im hoping Homasi can stop Willis attempt to bore the audience but Im not too sure that will happen.

Back to back losses, plus that last performance against Higo was a snoozefest.
My girlfriend wanted to watch MMA with me and it was that event.....what a fucking mistake. One of the worst ones I could have shown her for her first time. Has never asked me since which is good or bad depending on how you view it

My girlfriend wanted to watch MMA with me and it was that event.....what a fucking mistake. One of the worst ones I could have shown her for her first time. Has never asked me since which is good or bad depending on how you view it
That is good and bad, indeed. I dont like to hype up fights and/or events because they will invariably let me down. Except for Fedor, no Fedor fight has ever disappointed me or embarrassed me with my friends. Shabliy, MVP, Lima, Adesanya, Yoel, Jon Jones and many others have all embarrassed me with my friends and wife the times I have hyped them up.

Feels like a waste of time for Mikhailov but Im glad to see him fight again so soon.

Back