News Bellator 273: Bader vs Moldavsky - January 29th 2022

I think the play for Caldwell is to move up to 45 permanently. He's 3 fights removed from finishing Adam Borics up there and faded in the 3rd against Barzola and Higo both.

I don't think he ever gets back to the top because the promotion is just stronger now then it was then but it's sort of a fresh start and he could get an unranked guy with some momentum to start. I could also see the perspective of him being a prospect killer from the promotion's perspective but personally I'd rather they not lose a guy like Caldwell overall. Unless they could use that money to sign somebody notable maybe.
The move to FW will improve his gas tank but his fight IQ will follow him wherever he goes. If I was Bellator I would put him on the chopping block, tbh.

The move to FW will improve his gas tank but his fight IQ will follow him wherever he goes. If I was Bellator I would put him on the chopping block, tbh.
Who is a really good wrestling prospect they can build up at FW? Lucas Brennan? Ciaran Clarke? Khasan Magomedsharipov?

To his credit, he's a very good defensive boxer. He rarely gets hit. Through 30 minutes with both Tony and Duane Johnson, both who have boxing resumes, he hasn't gotten hit cleanly yet.

But his lack of offense is concerning because anything can happen on the feet. You want to get your opponent out of there because even the best can be caught with something if you go a full 15 minutes. And at MW, the lights can get shut out real quick if you slip up even a bit. Especially as the competition rises.
My issue with Rosta is that he hasnt progressed as much as I expected he would. Eblen, Bates, Lugo, Pico, Law, Gibson, Cauley, Franklin, etc. have made significant improvements and you can see it every time the get into the cage. Rosta seems to have been stuck in the same level as he was 18 months ago.

Who is a really good wrestling prospect they can build up at FW? Lucas Brennan? Ciaran Clarke? Khasan Magomedsharipov?
Man, that is a great idea. Particularly Brennan with his bjj would make this pretty exciting.

My issue with Rosta is that he hasnt progressed as much as I expected he would. Eblen, Bates, Lugo, Pico, Law, Gibson, Cauley, Franklin, etc. have made significant improvements and you can see it every time the get into the cage. Rosta seems to have been stuck in the same level as he was 18 months ago.

Yeah, he's very dissapointing isn't he? I really thought he'd be ready to be in there with top 10 guys by now but he doesn't look close.

As for Caldwell I'd give FW a try, other than his terrible fight IQ his biggest weakness is his cardio which should be helped by not cutting so much weight. He looked great against Borics and even took down AJ before he left his hands on the mat in typical Caldwell fashion.

Yeah, he's very dissapointing isn't he? I really thought he'd be ready to be in there with top 10 guys by now but he doesn't look close.
It’s not even that he looks bad, he is just not going for the finish. Technically he looks really good, maybe it’s the ring rust

Yes, I think rather than call out Mike Shipman, he should take a step back and continue fighting more regional level fighters. Maybe 2-3 fights to round up his skills and improve his overall game.

Now, Im way more interested in Eblen, rhat guy turned a corner and turned into a monster. If Vanderford doesnt get it done, Eblen has a way better chance at it. He has surpassed Tokov in that regard, IMO.

Cotton is probably not taking this serious, so whatever, I think Bellator should go for 1-2 other MW prospects. Also, hopefully Novenyi gets a fight in one of the Euro cards.

Yes, I think rather than call out Mike Shipman, he should take a step back and continue fighting more regional level fighters. Maybe 2-3 fights to round up his skills and improve his overall game.

Now, Im way more interested in Eblen, rhat guy turned a corner and turned into a monster. If Vanderford doesnt get it done, Eblen has a way better chance at it. He has surpassed Tokov in that regard, IMO.

Cotton is probably not taking this serious, so whatever, I think Bellator should go for 1-2 other MW prospects. Also, hopefully Novenyi gets a fight in one of the Euro cards.
Novenyi had a torn ACL recently, I don't think we will see him this year

Jordan Newman is pretty legit prospect at MW, he beat Joseph Holmes in his debut

Novenyi had a torn ACL recently, I don't think we will see him this year

Jordan Newman is pretty legit prospect at MW, he beat Joseph Holmes in his debut
Its been a while since that torn ACL, maybe he'll be ready by May. He is another very inactive fighter that needs to stay busy.

Yes, Newman is an interesting one, as well as Pat Downey. Newman has a match coming up soon, too, I think.

Rosta is still pretty green and relatively young compared to the ATT MW trio with Eblen and Vanderford (who are both in their early 30’s). I’m not too worried about him, I think when he’s hitting 29-31 he’ll be an absolute monster. Basically, he’s right where he should be. Maybe injuries slowed him and our expectations were too high, but I don’t doubt he’ll still be world class. He has breezed by everyone he’s faced no problem. Although no finishes recently, I’d take into consideration that he easily blew by solid regional guys like Johnson and … Johnson lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back