Matches to make after PFL vs Bellator

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Renan Ferreira vs Francis Ngannou - Unified MMA Heavyweight championship (UFC/Bellator/PFL)
Ryan Bader vs Linton Vassell - Bellator Heavyweight championship
Johnny Eblen vs Edwards/Jeffery winner - Bellator Middleweight championship
Impa Kasaganay vs Antonio Carlos Junior (PFL Regular season)
Jason Jackson vs Magomed Magomedkerimov (PFL Super Fights series)
Ray Cooper III vs Douglas Lima (Bellator Champions series) - Cooper moves to Bellator MW division
Vadim Nemkov vs Ngannou/Ferreira winner (PFL Super Fights series)
Bruno Cappelozza vs Valentin Moldavsky - (PFL Regular season)
Yoel Romero vs Karl Albrektsson - (Bellator Champions series)
Thiago Santos vs Marthin Hamlet (PFL Regular season
AJ McKee vs Nurmagomedov/Shabily winner - (Bellator Champions series)
Clay Collard vs Patricky Pitbull - (PFL Regular season)
Aaron Pico vs Pitbull/(Gallagher vs Kennedy) winner - Bellator Featherweight championship
Henry Corrales vs Spike Carlyle - (Bellator Champions series)

Close pfl. Bring about 10 guys over to bellator
I think PFL is gonna shift a lot of the guys who are not satisfied with PFL's tournament system over to Bellator. Ray Cooper III is a perfect example of that.

If he stays at MW, they should give him Douglas Lima. If moving to Bellator gets Cooper motivated enough to compete at 170 once again, Ray Cooper vs Brennan Ward would be a good starting point.

Since Nemkov has to wait for Ferreira/Ngannou, he should probably eye beating Bader again and taking the Bellator HW strap. This puts both Nemkov and the winner of Ferreira/Ngannou on the same schedule. And it can then be used for another Bellator vs PFL thing.

Since Nemkov has to wait for Ferreira/Ngannou, he should probably eye beating Bader again and taking the Bellator HW strap. This puts both Nemkov and the winner of Ferreira/Ngannou on the same schedule. And it can then be used for another Bellator vs PFL thing.
Nemkov vs Bader is pointless rematch

Eblen vs Impa rematch 5 rounds would be good but I don't think Impa can do better than this and we clearly saw that Eblen took over, 5 rounds would only favor him a lot more. I want to see Eblen vs Novenyi since I believe that Norbert would leave him unconscious on the mat

Eblen vs Impa rematch 5 rounds would be good but I don't think Impa can do better than this and we clearly saw that Eblen took over, 5 rounds would only favor him a lot more. I want to see Eblen vs Novenyi since I believe that Norbert would leave him unconscious on the mat
Eblen seems to be a slow starter, has done it against Tokov, Edwards, and now Impa, however in all those bouts he quickly recovered and won the rest of the bouts.

I would agree. Except that Bader has the Belt. So why would Nemkov not want an easy title pick up?
Bader shouldn’t have the belt after getting steamrolled……Matchmakers in PFL / Bellator are fucking dumb

Eblen seems to be a slow starter, has done it against Tokov, Edwards, and now Impa, however in all those bouts he quickly recovered and won the rest of the bouts.
Eblen fought like shit and got a gift decision…..wouldn’t make top 20 in the ufc with that

Considering that the live odds, the pundits, and the judges all thought he won the decision your "gift" argument is pretty weak...
Pundits lol ….Dudes performance was weak ….looking at the floor throwing punches like an amateur and panic wrestling for his life ….embarrassing outing

Pundits lol ….Dudes performance was weak ….looking at the floor throwing punches like an amateur and panic wrestling for his life ….embarrassing outing
Again. The live odds, so fans betting on the sport in live time, were in favor of him. The judges, who make the actual decision, were in favor of him. The pundits, who you may disagree with but are both A. better at MMA than you and B. know more about MMA than you do, were in favor of him.

You're free to have a fringe belief, I have fringe beliefs all the time. You can say "I personally would have given it to Impa" but to say he was "gifted" what the vast majority of people thought he should have gotten is pretty silly.

For me...

Ferreira - Wait for a bit for Francis, unless that's not looking likely in which case go back into the season.

Bader - Might be time to think about retirement

Eblen - Aaron Jeffery is Jeffery beats Edwards I guess. Idk it's not the best division. I think Norbert needs a step up first.

Impa - Probably do the LHW season again if he wants to

Jackson - Make the Magomedkerimov fight again if we can and he's not doing the season.

Cooper - Retire, I really don't think his head is in the game any more. At the very least take some time off to get his head straight.

Nemkov - Might as well do the HW season imo. Burns through some fights on his contract and he won't get Ngannou by the end of the year anyway.

Bruno - HW season

Yoel - Whatever random vets fight is available.

Thiago - Retire

AJ - Probably fight the winner of Usman Vs Shabliy

Collard - Back to the season

Pico - Borics rematch to continue his avenging tour

Corrales - Dunno, seems past his best. Think they might get rid of him

Walsh - Some can

Shields - Back to boxing, girl is not built for MMA.

For me...

Ferreira - Wait for a bit for Francis, unless that's not looking likely in which case go back into the season.

Bader - Might be time to think about retirement

Eblen - Aaron Jeffery is Jeffery beats Edwards I guess. Idk it's not the best division. I think Norbert needs a step up first.

Impa - Probably do the LHW season again if he wants to

Jackson - Make the Magomedkerimov fight again if we can and he's not doing the season.

Cooper - Retire, I really don't think his head is in the game any more. At the very least take some time off to get his head straight.

Nemkov - Might as well do the HW season imo. Burns through some fights on his contract and he won't get Ngannou by the end of the year anyway.

Bruno - HW season

Yoel - Whatever random vets fight is available.

Thiago - Retire

AJ - Probably fight the winner of Usman Vs Shabliy

Collard - Back to the season

Pico - Borics rematch to continue his avenging tour

Corrales - Dunno, seems past his best. Think they might get rid of him

Walsh - Some can

Shields - Back to boxing, girl is not built for MMA.
Nemkov would be interesting in the PFL season but Voldavsky is already competing in the season. Don't think he'd want that.

I just want to see Vassell get his title shot tbh. Dude is a lot of fun at HW.

Cooper has lost a lot of fire and motivation after winning the PFL season. I think a move to Bellator might be able to motivate him tbh. Who knows? Mousasi, Lima, Edwards, all fun fights for him there. If you wanna build him up again, give him a Gregory Babene, Mike Shipman, or a Charlie Ward type of guy.

Romero's situation is weird. I think maybe they do him vs Mousasi if he moves up to 205. Call me crazy but I could see the winner of that one being a title eliminator because it's PFLator.

Agreed on Thiago. Dude hasn't looked good in a very long time. I could see PFL letting him go after the last two showings and positive drug test.

I don't even bother on matching up unproven prospects. Ali Walsh is def getting another can, which is fine ig. I don't think Claressa Shields is ever going to make a meaningful impact in MMA, especially fighting in made-up weight classes like 165. She gets far more attention on this sub than she deserves IMO.

Last edited:
Back