News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder what is the problem finding Shabliy an opponent. I mean he is good but there should be plenty of current contracted fighters lining up to fight him. No need to sign 1-off fighters, which seems to be Bellator's biggest issue, most dontvwant a long term contract.
Georgi is game right? Get him against Shabliy

Georgi is game right? Get him against Shabliy
Yeah, Georgi, Moret, Goiti, Omer, Andrews. At this point get him anyone, although Goiti is the obvious match up, or sone reason its not happening.

Also seen on social media, I think it was quote from recent interview of Fedor -- Sidelnikov is gonna fight on this card.

I have no idea who his opponent is but Bellator has great scouting, so Im assuming (or rather hoping) he is not some can.

On one hand, Im glad Shabliy will get a fight. On the other hand, seems like Bellator is wasting Shabliy's tenure in meaningless fights. I hope 2022 Patricio vacates the title and Shabliy is in the mix for it.

I have no idea who his opponent is but Bellator has great scouting, so Im assuming (or rather hoping) he is not some can.

On one hand, Im glad Shabliy will get a fight. On the other hand, seems like Bellator is wasting Shabliy's tenure in meaningless fights. I hope 2022 Patricio vacates the title and Shabliy is in the mix for it.
I'm more in the second boat then the first. Maybe this guy is good but if he's just on a one off I hate the decision to match Shabliy up with him. This is why Bellator is never going to get to the next level. You've got an exciting, excellent talent and you're going to match him up with someone who probably won't be in the promotion after this fight. If he wins great he was supposed to win. If he loses what do you do with Magomedkamill?

I don't think he has a fight yet, he just challenged him to a fight according to his instagram page.

Translation:
Assalam alaykum, greetings to all.
Sasha @alexandr_shabliy, I know you are looking for an opponent on October 23 @bellatormma in Moscow. I want to dispel the rumor that they cannot find a rival for you and make the job easier for the promoters with their candidacy. You are a worthy rival, an excellent athlete, but let's face off in a fair battle between two men !!!

I don't think he has a fight yet, he just challenged him to a fight according to his instagram page.

Translation:
Assalam alaykum, greetings to all.
Sasha @alexandr_shabliy, I know you are looking for an opponent on October 23 @bellatormma in Moscow. I want to dispel the rumor that they cannot find a rival for you and make the job easier for the promoters with their candidacy. You are a worthy rival, an excellent athlete, but let's face off in a fair battle between two men !!!

Man, I dont think Shabliy will be in this card. At this rate they should pull him and out him in a title eliminator in an upcoming event.

Man, I dont think Shabliy will be in this card. At this rate they should pull him and out him in a title eliminator in an upcoming event.
He is not going to be in this card… title eliminator ?

I'm more in the second boat then the first. Maybe this guy is good but if he's just on a one off I hate the decision to match Shabliy up with him. This is why Bellator is never going to get to the next level. You've got an exciting, excellent talent and you're going to match him up with someone who probably won't be in the promotion after this fight. If he wins great he was supposed to win. If he loses what do you do with Magomedkamill?
If they cant find a ranked opponent (Goiti, Moret) I would pull him. Why waste money and postpone a future contender match in a meaningless fight?

He is not going to be in this card… title eliminator ?
I mean, Coker said the LW title should start seeing movement in early 2022, so why not put Shabliy in the mix. He would be a better champ than Patricky or Benson, for example.

I mean, Coker said the LW title should start seeing movement in early 2022, so why not put Shabliy in the mix. He would be a better champ than Patricky or Benson, for example.
I understand… but I will let him win at least once before putting him on a title eliminator… I don’t think he is a big enough name to do so.. Imo

I understand… but I will let him win at least once before putting him on a title eliminator… I don’t think he is a big enough name to do so.. Imo
He already easily won his debut against an at the time ranked guy and was in the rankings until he got ousted by Usman Nurmagomedov who they're only feeding cans to. The right thing to do would have been to give him another ranked guy. I'd be good with him being 2 more wins away from a title shot, I agree with you there but now if he wins this fight what does it even mean?

I agree but TBH, i kind of get the feeling Shabliy will bolt to the UFC if Bellator doesnt lock him in a championship clause.

Might be interesting for some people -- Fedor in recent interview confirmed that Tokov was supposed to fight for a belt this Spring but because he didn't had visa title shot went to other guy.

Doubt its gonna happen. Bellator would be duuuuuuuuuuuuuumb to let him take that fight. Just get him a top 10 ranked opponent before December, and it should be all good.

Yeah, Eldarov is dangerous, I don't think they let him take that. They're usually open to people taking fights they should win easily, but that one would probably be 60/40 Shabliy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back