News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
For sure. People have acted like Fedor was going to lose horribly in every fight he has had since his comeback. Before that actually. He is 5-2 in his comeback, that isn't terrible. For any other HW that would be great. Fedor is just held to another level, but he is 45 now, and has been off for 2 years. I hope he goes out on a couple of wins though.

People thought Mir, Sonnen, and Rampage were going to kill him in the cage, but he finished them all. One thing is for sure, we will know how its going to go quick. Fedor is kill or be killed these days. If he doesn't get KO'd quick he will likely win. One thing is though, he seems to do better against big name guys, probably because they get him excited and he takes them serious. The fights against guys I don't care about tend to be the ones he does bad in.
Yeah, his return has had some rough patches, but for a dude competing on his forties with a ton of mileage, he’s done well. It’s pretty crazy that he’s going to fight Tim Johnson at age 45. But I agree, it’s kill or be killed when Fedor fights— he’s gonna try and take Johnson’s fucking head off, and he’ll either succeed or get slept. Fedor never really gets tentative or gunshy, he just goes out there to throw down old school.

Hopefully Koreshov gets a new opponent. Lewis Long, Jack Grant, or Enkamp would be fun bouts.
Nope, according to Russian media no opponent was offered to Koreshkov (dunno who is the original source, Shlemenko maybe?) and next Bellator fight of Koreshkov is happening in early 2022.

This fight literally makes no sense it’s a dangerous fight for fedor wtf bellator thinking

This fight literally makes no sense it’s a dangerous fight for fedor wtf bellator thinking
Fedor wanted it. He’s never said quite why, but he has 2 fights left in his contract and I think he’s trying to win one more title before retiring. Fedor helped prepare Moldavsky for Johnson, and thinks he (Fedor) can beat him. It’s my theory that if Fedor wins his fight, Moldavsky will choose to step back and not unify the belts right away— Fedor will rematch Bader for the belt in his very last fight of his career. But we’ll see how it plays out.

Fedor wanted it. He’s never said quite why, but he has 2 fights left in his contract and I think he’s trying to win one more title before retiring. Fedor helped prepare Moldavsky for Johnson, and thinks he (Fedor) can beat him. It’s my theory that if Fedor wins his fight, Moldavsky will choose to step back and not unify the belts right away— Fedor will rematch Bader for the belt in his very last fight of his career. But we’ll see how it plays out.

yes Fedor is the GOAT I not surprised but at his age bellator should be smarter I noticed Johnson also has a win over mitrione who was cut I wonder if Fedor wants that one back Mittione got lucky and I think he was on steroids way he recovers from. That Fedor punch

prime Fedor v prime nGannou best fight ever IMO stylistically too

if Fedor beats Johnson he still have some left in tank Johnson underrated

Any training videos?
Of Fedor? I haven’t seen any, but hopefully they’ll drop a countdown episode. Both Nemkov and Fedor himself have talked about the training a bit. Here’s a couple articles I came across if you’re interested. The most interesting takeaway for me is Fedor saying that he cannot beat Moldavsky in sparring.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ringsi...out-the-current-form-of-fedor-emelianenko.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ringsi...anenko-im-not-the-same-fedor-i-used-to-be.amp

Thanks appreciate it

Of Fedor? I haven’t seen any, but hopefully they’ll drop a countdown episode. Both Nemkov and Fedor himself have talked about the training a bit. Here’s a couple articles I came across if you’re interested. The most interesting takeaway for me is Fedor saying that he cannot beat Moldavsky in sparring.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ringsi...out-the-current-form-of-fedor-emelianenko.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ringsi...anenko-im-not-the-same-fedor-i-used-to-be.amp

unfortunately there is no captions but here is tldr:
• Tim Johnson was a Bellators offer.
• Is it the last fight? - Contract says he has 2 more fights but he also has an option to make any fight his last.
• Doesnt mind fighting for the title. Will be more happy if Valentin (Moldavsky) becomes champion.
• Motivation to fight now:1) Loves fighting 2) Needed to carry his team but now there is no actual need for it 3) Money earning method
• Back in the day left RussianTopTeam because got scammed
• Wiki has a lot of mistakes about him and his fighting data
• Kharitonov initiated the break of their relationship. When they had a probability to fight in a near future Sergei switched phone numbers and stood out of touch.
• Said Kharitonov and Alexandr (brother) were better than him to promote them in Japan.
• Alexandr (brother) said he is ready to fight Fedor. Fedor is sad about the whole situation with his brother but there wont be any fight with him.
• Relationship with brother was broken long time ago. Fedor was one of few people not scared to tell Alexandr about his bad deeds. Alexandr was fed up and left. Fedor thinks they wont be together again with his brother because Alexandr doesnt regret anything he did (wrong). Says Alexandr sometimes sending SMS with some bullshit.
• Fedor thinks best fights of his career were 1st fight vs. Nog and vs.CroCop.
• Fedor doesnt want to asnwer why he lost to Silva and Henderson cuz its gonna sound as an excuse. Says at the time his wife had a pregnancy issues and many doctors promised misbirth.
• Not so upset of his losses but of people close to him who started to treat him differently. Almost got sent to some fortune tellers to "fix his issues".
• Finished career in 2012 cuz of injuries.
• No subs after 2008. At the time was using subs to avoid damaging his arm after injury. Now "MMA has evolved".
• Anything that Fedor didnt master in technical aspects? -Not so good at leg submissions.
• Fedor tells how he met UFC executes at Kurosawa island back in the day. Says Dana White was acting poorly. Fedor's manager couldnt lie to him - Fedor himself saw emails and recorded conversations. When they agreed on new terms of contract UFC sent back a new version with old terms but in a different order (tried to scam). There was no actual point to meet cuz Fedor was under contract already and whole thing probably was some sort of a fraud.
• UFC tried again in 2015. Fedor asked to bring his team with him. UFC said no.
• Fedor is not agaisnt any of his teammates to join UFC. Everyone is free to fight where they want. Fedor is not against any of his teammates to switch training camps. (In russian media strongly considered that Fedor forces his team to fight only in Bellator and train only in Stariy Oskol)
• Why not tried to train with top heavy weights in America? Says their camp methods are working well. Results are talking for itself (Bellator squad). Journalist tells about recent Ponamarev loss (Fight nights, russian promotion). (In russian media strongly considered that Fedors team is narrow-minded due to not trying to travel worldwide and train with everyone)
• Journalist reminds his quote of 2010 where Fedor said about multiple country issues - alcohol and drug addiction, degenerated education, military, healthcare etc. What changed since then? - Nothing. Everything became even worse. (Fedor gives a very fair explanation of todays situation in russia. Double standarts in judicial system due to corruption, drug addiction among teenagers, pop-culture freaks etc.)
• Fedor entered agricultural university. Interested in getting that kind of knowledge to solve related issues in future.
• Fedor doesnt like to make photos with strangers (but wasnt so back in the day). Says back in the day people needed a photo camera to make a photo so when people asked for a photo they valued it and really meant to save a memorable moment. Now everyone has a camera in a phone and just wants some hype in social media and dont really care about MMA, memorable moment or a fighter. Now he denies selfies with strangers. (there is a comment on youtube which is confirmed by journalist: In Voronej in 2008-2009 i entered McDonalds close to southern-west market. Waiting in queue I heard "Fedor", "Fedor is here", "is it really him?". It was really him. I was so shocked it was him. I stepped aside to look where he goes after he takes his order. He was goign outside, he had country style potatoes in his hands. I greeted him and said i was a fan and willing to make a photo and an autograph. He said there is no problem but he is with his family and he will do photo after they finish their meal. After some time he finished and started to look around saw me and called me. I asked McDonalds employee to take a photo Fedor asked whats my name and hugged me. Then he signed me an autograph which i keep to myself by today. Fedor wrote [Wish you best/luck] with signature. What i really was impressed by he was really kind, calm and very humble. He had a magic aura. He was at his prime but didnt refuse to make a photo and a signature. Wish him best.)
• Fedor once spoke with Povetkin about religion. Happened cuz Povetkins close people asked Fedor to do so. (Unlike most russians orthodox christians Povetkin practises traditional slavic pagan beliefs). Fedor said Povetkin didnt change his mind.
• Khabib has autobiography does Fedor want to make his own? Fedor is not interested in it and doesnt want his life to be public.

• Is it the last fight? - Contract says he has 2 more fights but he also has an option to make any fight his last.
• Doesnt mind fighting for the title. Will be more happy if Valentin (Moldavsky) becomes champion.
• Motivation to fight now:1) Loves fighting 2) Needed to carry his team but now there is no actual need for it 3) Money earning method
• Kharitonov initiated the break of their relationship. When they had a probability to fight in a near future Sergei switched phone numbers and stood out of touch.
• Said Kharitonov and Alexandr (brother) were better than him to promote them in Japan.
• Alexandr (brother) said he is ready to fight Fedor. Fedor is sad about the whole situation with his brother but there wont be any fight with him.
• Relationship with brother was broken long time ago. Fedor was one of few people not scared to tell Alexandr about his bad deeds. Alexandr was fed up and left. Fedor thinks they wont be together again with his brother because Alexandr doesnt regret anything he did (wrong). Says Alexandr sometimes sending SMS with some bullshit.
• Fedor doesnt want to asnwer why he lost to Silva and Henderson cuz its gonna sound as an excuse. Says at the time his wife had a pregnancy issues and many doctors promised misbirth.
• Not so upset of his losses but of people close to him who started to treat him differently. Almost got sent to some fortune tellers to "fix his issues".
• No subs after 2008. At the time was using subs to avoid damaging his arm after injury. Now "MMA has evolved".
• Anything that Fedor didnt master in technical aspects? -Not so good at leg submissions.
• Fedor tells how he met UFC executes at Kurosawa island back in the day. Says Dana White was acting poorly. Fedor's manager couldnt lie to him - Fedor himself saw emails and recorded conversations. When they agreed on new terms of contract UFC sent back a new version with old terms but in a different order (tried to scam). There was no actual point to meet cuz Fedor was under contract already and whole thing probably was some sort of a fraud.
• Fedor is not agaisnt any of his teammates to join UFC. Everyone is free to fight where they want. Fedor is not against any of his teammates to switch training camps. (In russian media strongly considered that Fedor forces his team to fight only in Bellator and train only in Stariy Oskol)
• Why not tried to train with top heavy weights in America? Says their camp methods are working well. Results are talking for itself (Bellator squad). Journalist tells about recent Ponamarev loss (Fight nights, russian promotion). (In russian media strongly considered that Fedors team is narrow-minded due to not trying to travel worldwide and train with everyone)
• Journalist reminds his quote of 2010 where Fedor said about multiple country issues - alcohol and drug addiction, degenerated education, military, healthcare etc. What changed since then? - Nothing. Everything became even worse. (Fedor gives a very fair explanation of todays situation in russia. Double standarts in judicial system due to corruption, drug addiction among teenagers, pop-culture freaks etc.)
• Fedor entered agricultural university. Interested in getting that kind of knowledge to solve related issues in future.
• Fedor doesnt like to make photos with strangers (but wasnt so back in the day). Says back in the day people needed a photo camera to make a photo so when people asked for a photo they valued it and really meant to save a memorable moment. Now everyone has a camera in a phone and just wants some hype in social media and dont really care about MMA, memorable moment or a fighter. Now he denies selfies with strangers. (there is a comment on youtube which is confirmed by journalist: In Voronej in 2008-2009 i entered McDonalds close to southern-west market. Waiting in queue I heard "Fedor", "Fedor is here", "is it really him?". It was really him. I was so shocked it was him. I stepped aside to look where he goes after he takes his order. He was goign outside, he had country style potatoes in his hands. I greeted him and said i was a fan and willing to make a photo and an autograph. He said there is no problem but he is with his family and he will do photo after they finish their meal. After some time he finished and started to look around saw me and called me. I asked McDonalds employee to take a photo Fedor asked whats my name and hugged me. Then he signed me an autograph which i keep to myself by today. Fedor wrote [Wish you best/luck] with signature. What i really was impressed by he was really kind, calm and very humble. He had a magic aura. He was at his prime but didnt refuse to make a photo and a signature. Wish him best.)
• Fedor once spoke with Povetkin about religion. Happened cuz Povetkins close people asked Fedor to do so. (Unlike most russians orthodox christians Povetkin practises traditional slavic pagan beliefs). Fedor said Povetkin didnt change his mind.
• Khabib has autobiography does Fedor want to make his own? Fedor is not interested in it and doesnt want his life to be public.

Greatest cliffs ever. Thanks dude.

In retrospect it's a shame they didn't let him bring his team with him to the UFC as aside from Kirill they all would likely have done fine.

Greatest cliffs ever. Thanks dude.

In retrospect it's a shame they didn't let him bring his team with him to the UFC as aside from Kirill they all would likely have done fine.
I’m still hopeful that maybe they’ll end up there after Fedor retires. Nemkov could be champ I think, and Tokov and Moldavsky both top 5 maybe.

You are the man. Thank you!

Wtf?! How long did it take you do this? lol Thank you

How long did it take you do this?
video time + 40-50 minutes. Biggest issue is when journalist brings some misinformation/unwanted question and Fedor tries to dodge question or has to explain whole story so it makes harder to summarize whole discussed topic

For example:
J: Is it true that you came to Alexandr Povetkin and tried to turn him into christianity so he stops believing in paganism?
Fedor: No its not true. You were misinformed. I asked Alexandr (Povetkin) for a meeting. At the time i worked in sports ministry. I didnt try to turn him into christianity. There are some close people to him who are christians and are praying for him and they asked me to talk with him about his religion. We met and we talked together. Alexandr remained with his beliefs.
---
J: You were asked a lot of times why you lost to Silva,Henderson and Werdum. Can you go through each loss and tell why it happened?
Fedor: *Smiles* Lets leave it as it is.
J: Why not? Thats the history of MMA.
Fedor: I didnt tell before so i dont want now
J:Is there any reasons (for losses) still?
Fedor: Some psychological issues. High (emotional) pressure... Ok, ill tell. At the time i lost (fights) when my wife (Marina) was pregnant with daughter (Liza). And when medical examinations started in every (doctors) office it was said "abortion", "abortion", "abortion". Wherever we go everyone said "abortion". Marina (wife) had some (health) issues and everyone was suggesting abortion. Going through such experience and some other life difficulties at the time.. Wherever we go we got told that this doctor is really good and they kept telling about abortion. Situation became so ridiculous that at certain visit doctor just looked at the (wives) medical card and said that the birth is not recommended. Later it turned out we came to a wrong doctor and she (doctor) told us we have visit another (doctors) office. My pregnant wife and me were going back and forth. Have to go through strong and terrible emotions. But Lord gave us a healthy daughter, thank god. And wife was healthy too.
Last time i lost (fight with Henderson) I was flying to America and Marina started having contractions. Whole my entire visit to America was "brightened" (Fedor felt very worried). Wife went through C-section..
J: Did u rewatch those fights? I think you did but for how many times?
Fedor: I did. Felt tough but not about losses. I say: two meet - one winner. I was upset that many close people around me claiming being best friends switched the tune
(started treating Fedor differently). Came up to a point when some wanted me to visit some witches, fortune tellers to "fix my issues". I had to urgently filter my sorroundings.

p.s. I was sure someone already posted this interview and had to check 4-5 previous pages. If i knew none did it before i would translate it right away when interview came up

He did say why in the latest interview - I guess it can be translated as 'he wanted to prove to himself that he could still do it vs. legit competition'.

I’m still hopeful that maybe they’ll end up there after Fedor retires. Nemkov could be champ I think, and Tokov and Moldavsky both top 5 maybe.
Bah - fuck UFC.
It's a money sport - plenty of other organizations offer UFC money with way fewer hassles and harassments from the org. boss/lawyers. When UFC starts paying the way boxers get paid, then there might be a legit reason to switch over.

That's a rather brief summary.
I posted the video link earlier and another fellow posted a newspaper link with transcript of the whole thing.
Anyone interested can go to that newspaper, and get a google translation.
Tim J. was not the only offer for Fedor - Fedor picked Tim J from the list of offers and he explained why.

Back