News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Isnt Eldarov a WW, though? It is pretty weird that nobody wants to fight Shabliy. Its a very high risk, low reward fight but there should be plenty of ranked opposition willing to take the chance.
He is a Super Lightweight in Brave CF, which is 165. He fought at LW before that

He is a Super Lightweight in Brave CF, which is 165. He fought at LW before that
Noted, BTW, how does that 165 division looks like? That is a weight class all promotions should implement, IMO.

Well, regarding TV broadcasts it's something like that -- ONE is showed more or less regular on Match (sports channel); UFC is broadcasted on Ren-TV (they show movies, news, retarded programms about aliens and mystical crap and also some boxing and bare knuckle events) and it looks like they want to show only big fights with Russian fighters or event where there is multiple Russians on the main card, so I think instead of a TV deal for multiple events, they comes to agreement for broadcast days/weeks before the event (like, I think last event that they showed -- I remember checking their website at Monday or Tuesday and there were nothing about UFC and Wednesday or Thursday they announced that UFC event will be broadcasted on Saturday or Sunday). This channels are free and available in most households in Russia. PFL, Bellator, Rizin, Invicta are currently not on free TV.
What about Russian MMA? I watch a lot of Russian MMA through the internet in Canada so I always wonder. I've heard ACA isn't actually that popular (I think from you?) but is it on free tv? How many homes would it be in compared to UFC or ONE? Are there any other Russian promotions on free TV for that matter?

I don't see how anyone who knows anything about mma thinks fedor is being fed a can. Tim Johnson isn't a name but he is a fighter with a pulse and has beaten some pretty tough guys and lost to top tier opponents. I honestly think he would beat werdum or overeem at this point in their careers. Lol Fedor is losing this fight.

What about Russian MMA? I watch a lot of Russian MMA through the internet in Canada so I always wonder. I've heard ACA isn't actually that popular (I think from you?) but is it on free tv? How many homes would it be in compared to UFC or ONE? Are there any other Russian promotions on free TV for that matter?
I think no Russian promotions have deals with free TV channels, I guess channels just broadcasts events that they think are interesting. So, promotions that you can catch on free TV -- AMC Fight Nights, RCC, ACA -- these promotions I remember watching this year and, for example ACA is gonna be broadcasted today, main card, I think.
Not on free TV -- MMA Series (broadcasted on M-1 channel), MFP (broadcasted on local/regional channel of Far East, I guess), Open FC, Oplot (I think it's on Youtube), promotion of Shlemenko (Storm Fighting Championship or what is the name of it; first and only event was on local/regional channel) and regional promotions.
Not sure about EFC of Khabib -- maybe they showed some of his events, but I am pretty sure it was either a few of them this year or nothing.

How many homes? They (ACA) are on the same channel as ONE, I don't know which channel is more available in Russia, this or the one that shows UFC sometimes. Thing is -- ONE usually is broadcasted at day or evening at Fridays, ACA at evenings too and main cards of most UFC events starts when it's 3/4/5 at the morning in Moscow.

As with Raisov, Bellator is not gonna sign Eldarov for a one fight deal
Eldarov didn't wrote anything about one fight deal. Sounds to me that he is open to sign with them.
Depends, is he fighting at FW or LW. LW I think easy top 5, FW maybe 6-10 range. Odintsov was a good win but I need to see him against ranked Bellator guys to get a read. He also barely fights so who knows how he looks now

I think Taisumov is a free agent or something, maybe he signs with Bellator as well
I am pretty sure that it was reported that Taisumov signed new deal with UFC in 2020. Also I've seen his fan group on VK wrote this May that he got American visa.
I don't speak Russian but something tells me Shlemenko loves to talk lol. I always see him doing interviews and IG live.
He is kind of a social activist. Sobriety and stuff. And seems like he would like to have a career in Russian politics.
He is not that far from Khabib's "I have a retarted opinion about anything in this galaxy". Or maybe he is not far and on the same level just Russian media prefer to publish articles about any stupid/controversial/factually wrong thing that Khabib says.

Eldarov didn't wrote anything about one fight deal. Sounds to me that he is open to sign with them.

I am pretty sure that it was reported that Taisumov signed new deal with UFC in 2020. Also I've seen his fan group on VK wrote this May that he got American visa.

He is kind of a social activist. Sobriety and stuff. And seems like he would like to have a career in Russian politics.
He is not that far from Khabib's "I have a retarted opinion about anything in this galaxy". Or maybe he is not far and on the same level just Russian media prefer to publish articles about any stupid/controversial/factually wrong thing that Khabib says.

I remember someone writing that Eldarov would probably have issues with USADA, so if that's the case then Bellator is a good move. He's a good fighter, would be a good pick up for them.

That's actually a very tough for Fedor at this point. Since getting more serious about his training Johnson has wins over Fortune who is 11-1 with that only loss being against Johnson, A first round finish against Mitrione who knocked out Fedor and a close decision win over Kongo. His last fight a 5 round decision loss against Fedor's guy.
He's fairly durable and well rounded enough to KTFO Fedor on the feet or take him down and pound him out. To be honest I would be surprised if Fedor won.

I remember someone writing that Eldarov would probably have issues with USADA, so if that's the case then Bellator is a good move. He's a good fighter, would be a good pick up for them.
Don't know about USADA but he said that he was offered spot on that TUF season where ATT competed against Blackzillians (on Blackzillians team) but was denied visa 4 times.

Don't know about USADA but he said that he was offered spot on that TUF season where ATT competed against Blackzillians (on Blackzillians team) but was denied visa 4 times.
Damn if it was that many, he must have had some connections to some shady guys in Chechnya. Magomedrasul Khasbulaev had the same issue since some of his connections came out and he hasn't fought in America since his Bellator run.

That's actually a very tough for Fedor at this point. Since getting more serious about his training Johnson has wins over Fortune who is 11-1 with that only loss being against Johnson, A first round finish against Mitrione who knocked out Fedor and a close decision win over Kongo. His last fight a 5 round decision loss against Fedor's guy.
He's fairly durable and well rounded enough to KTFO Fedor on the feet or take him down and pound him out. To be honest I would be surprised if Fedor won.
Ya a five round decision where his cardio looked decent going into the 5 round, which is a rarity in HW mma

Johnson is a very underrated guy, I would say he would be easily top 10 in UFC, maybe even coming into the 4-6 range

I think most educated fans know this tough fight for Fedor and good chance he'll get knocked out also.

What everyone is questioning is why Tim Johnson??? It isn't a match that gets anybody excited. Everyone is in this game to make money. I'm not sure you could make a match less interesting for Fedor without pulling some HW dude out of a MMA org in El Salvador or something. It would be like the UFC bringing back GSP and he fights Jake Matthews. What does anybody get out of it? Fedor wins, great. Majority of the fans watching will be like he should crush this nobody because they aren't educated fans. He loses and damn does it look bad all the way around for everybody except Tim Johnson that blow joe fan will forget his name by the next morning. They'll be more talk about how Fedor is shot and it's sad watching him go out there than anything else.

Legends like Fedor at this point in their careers should be fighting other well known fighters in the twilight of their careers. Those are easy to market and fans tune in just for the fun of the match up and nothing more. Whoever wins or lose mean very little in it all. Everybody wins unless its two guys that are so damn shot that neither should even get a license. It's like Mike Tyson fighting right now. Nobody including himself is expecting him to go compete against Tyson Fury or Joshua. So why have Mike Tyson go fight someone like Deontay Wilder right now. That is more or less what Bellator and Fedor are doing right now with this fight just with lesser name power.

Damn if it was that many, he must have had some connections to some shady guys in Chechnya. Magomedrasul Khasbulaev had the same issue since some of his connections came out and he hasn't fought in America since his Bellator run.
Connections of Khasbulaev is from Dagestan, not Chechnya. Plus, it's kinda weird -- Tukhugov served time in jail/prison and he gets visa, you can find info about friend of Khabib Magomed Magomedov that he was wanted by Russian police as a suspect in rape case (info also says that he left Russia to not get arrested and stayed in UAE) and I think there is still available video where him and some guys do something to Dagestani musician who they suspect was gay (I haven't watched the video but from what I understand they beat/torture/sexually humiliate him or something like that) and he doesn't have visa problems. I think Minakov has visa issues without connections to criminals or terrorists.

Fully agree. Its a super dangerous fight for Fedor. I am of the belief that Fedor's team saw something in the training for and fight between Valentin Moldavsky & Johnson. Something that Fedor feels very confident he can exploit. Cuz if Fedor pulls it off, its a win over a legit (bottom of) top 10 contender in the twilight of his career. Of course I had these same hopes ahead of the Bader fight and we saw haw that went down.

I think Visas are often just politics, someone ... a politician in Russia or USA just said no about him. Not that I know anything, waiting on a visa approval myself. . .

Back