News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh shit, lol I thought it was Taylor Lapilus by accidnet

Lol, Taylor Lapilus is very, very good. That's another case of someone having a better lower weight class brother lol.

Where do you guys think he falls into the top 10? Title challenger?
Depends, is he fighting at FW or LW. LW I think easy top 5, FW maybe 6-10 range. Odintsov was a good win but I need to see him against ranked Bellator guys to get a read. He also barely fights so who knows how he looks now

I think Taisumov is a free agent or something, maybe he signs with Bellator as well

Last edited:
Lol, Taylor Lapilus is very, very good. That's another case of someone having a better lower weight class brother lol.
Surprised Taylor has not been picked up by anyone. In a world where corona didn't happen and that Paris UFC card happened, I think he would be signed again. Him and Mansour Barnaoui are the two French guys who I think are wasting their prime by just not fighting.

Depends, is he fighting at FW or LW. LW I think easy top 5, FW maybe 6-10 range. Odintsov was a good win but I need to see him against ranked Bellator guys to get a read. He also barely fights so who knows how he looks now
Yeah to be honest I've never seen him fight so I couldn't really tell you anything at all but I hope he goes to FW. LW already has enough Russian guys vying for a top spot. FW needs something new. Something to spark some fear into McKee. I hope they can get this guy on the Moscow card. He's not friends with Khabib's team right? Would he ever fight Gadzhi? Oh wait Gadzhi is LW no?

Khasan Askhabov has signed a contract with Bellator MMA. The contract is designed for 4 battles. And most likely the debut will take place in October or November.

23-2 record, 26 years old and 1 million instagram followers

And he's a FW so they are thinking about future McKee's opponents. I like this signing, people can shit on Coker as much as they want but he did a fantastic job in a short time building a great roster

Yeah to be honest I've never seen him fight so I couldn't really tell you anything at all but I hope he goes to FW. LW already has enough Russian guys vying for a top spot. FW needs something new. Something to spark some fear into McKee. I hope they can get this guy on the Moscow card. He's not friends with Khabib's team right? Would he ever fight Gadzhi? Oh wait Gadzhi is LW no?
I think Gadzhi is a FW as well. And no he isn't part of the Khabib clan, he is part of Mairbek Taisumov's group who are based in Austra and those areas. No idea why he is so famous tho

23-2 record, 26 years old and 1 million instagram followers

And he's a FW so they are thinking about future McKee's opponents. I like this signing, people can shit on Coker as much as they want but he did a fantastic job in a short time building a great roster
Yeah I think with his fanbase and record this is a great signing. They need to keep McKee interested. Which is fucking ridiculous imo because he hasn't beaten anyone at FW ranked aside from Pitbull. He seems to be writing off Borics as easy work.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...title-defense-patricio-pitbull-freire-rematch

At least he's now talking about a defense but come on you're not gonna roll over Borics that easily I feel.

I think Gadzhi is a FW as well. And no he isn't part of the Khabib clan, he is part of Mairbek Taisumov's group who are based in Austra and those areas. No idea why he is so famous tho
It's probably the Chechen background. Big mma fanbase there. Dude gets like 100k likes on every post. Pretty crazy. They need to get Askhabov and Gadzhi a fight at FW in Moscow so they can enter the rankings. Also Shabily needs to fight as well. If they can get these 3 to finish the Moscow card then we're really talking big business.

Surprised Taylor has not been picked up by anyone. In a world where corona didn't happen and that Paris UFC card happened, I think he would be signed again. Him and Mansour Barnaoui are the two French guys who I think are wasting their prime by just not fighting.

Taylor is fighting Wilson Reis for ARES in December I think. I agree he would almost certainly have got picked up again had they gone to Paris. Assuming he beats Reis then he might still have a chance of getting on the Gane/Ngannou prelims maybe because obviously there'll be big French interest in that fight even if its not in France.

So according to Shabliy he knew that he is gonna fight at this event since June but Bellator can't find him an opponent. BRAVE CF champ Eldar Eldarov wrote on social media that he is ready to take that fight.

So shlemenko is officially off since he is fighting Artur Guseinov October 17 at a EFC event

According to shlemenko there is still a chance.
In another interview around a week ago he said something along the line that if I understand it right Bellator will only book him for main or co-main and both fights are set, but also said that there is 50 % that he will fight at Bellator Moscow event.

So according to Shabliy he knew that he is gonna fight at this event since June but Bellator can't find him an opponent. BRAVE CF champ Eldar Eldarov wrote on social media that he is ready to take that fight.

In another interview around a week ago he said something along the line that if I understand it right Bellator will only book him for main or co-main and both fights are set, but also said that there is 50 % that he will fight at Bellator Moscow event.
I don’t understand. So what would have to happen for him to fight at this event?

I don’t understand. So what would have to happen for him to fight at this event?
No idea. I guess Minakov or Fedor withdrewing or Bellator paying Shlemenko a shitload of money. Maybe it's just the same bullshit as him saying that he is being close to signing with UFC for the last 2-3 years.

No idea. I guess Minakov or Fedor withdrewing or Bellator paying Shlemenko a shitload of money. Maybe it's just the same bullshit as him saying that he is being close to signing with UFC for the last 2-3 years.
I don't speak Russian but something tells me Shlemenko loves to talk lol. I always see him doing interviews and IG live.

As with Raisov, Bellator is not gonna sign Eldarov for a one fight deal

They should both consider taking a long term deal in Bellator IMO. I understand that their hearts are probably set on the UFC but the best way to make the UFC interested at this point (considering the evident lack thereof at present) is success in Bellator. Look at the route Chandler took. Fight in Bellator for a few years then if you're willing to take less the UFC will come calling if you win your fights. Then because you had leverage and the UFC offered you more then 10/10 you get big fights off the jump. Plus who knows what the landscape looks like in a few years. The Ali act could pass, the anti trust lawsuit is in motion (albeit slow motion) which would change everything.

It's a win win for them

I just saw Shabliy posted on IG that Eldarov is down and he is asking Bellator to make the fight but like you said, it's not gonna happen on a 1 fight deal. Can't believe they can't find a guy in that part of the world willing to fight Shabliy. Thought there would be a ton of guys jumping at the spot. The problem is Shabliy is probably on a "contenders" contract so Bellator is not gonna pay him to fight a bum.

I just saw Shabliy posted on IG that Eldarov is down and he is asking Bellator to make the fight but like you said, it's not gonna happen on a 1 fight deal. Can't believe they can't find a guy in that part of the world willing to fight Shabliy. Thought there would be a ton of guys jumping at the spot. The problem is Shabliy is probably on a "contenders" contract so Bellator is not gonna pay him to fight a bum.
Isnt Eldarov a WW, though? It is pretty weird that nobody wants to fight Shabliy. Its a very high risk, low reward fight but there should be plenty of ranked opposition willing to take the chance.

Back