News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Decisions are always just opinion. To truly be someone's superior in MMA, you must finish them. Robberies happen, of course, it doesn't change actual records. Johnson lost to Volkov.
Nah, because that would mean Jones lost to Hammill too. Which is just laughable.
I suppose you could say Johnson lost the fight but won the battle since every MMA media outlet declared him the winner. The fans know what's up. Same with Jones-Hammill.

Damn right it was a sexy combo :)
Honestly though, I think you’re being a bit unreasonable in your assessment. No one thinks that Tim Johnson would be UFC champ or anything. But since he has a win over Tybura who is currently #9 in the UFC, a win over Shamil Abdurakhimov who is #8, and honestly did deserve to have gotten the nod over Volkov who is #5, we can assume that Johnson would be a Top 10 HW in the UFC. And frankly, a 45 year old fighter with a shot chin has no business whatsoever taking a fight like that. The fact that Fedor took that fight, and performed as beautifully as he did at age 45 is remarkable, honestly. Imho anyhow.

I mean, he's a big ass, tough guy, no doubt. 50/50 over 14 fights is just that though. To be fair, pretty much any HW is dangerous.

Its moreso you looking to dehype Johnson as some nobody when in reality he's basically been 50/50 in matches with credable HW's for quite along time, Johnson on the level of someone like say Tuivasa, Boser, etc is I think a very reasonable argument to make, beating him is a good arguement that you can still a relevant HW but perhaps not that your at the very top of the division.

It is a bit hard to gauge Goodridge exactly as he only fought a few big names in MMA during that good run in the early 00's losing to Fedor and Nog but that is kind of my point. Goodridge back then was viewed as a lesser fight for Fedor same as say Fujita, Coleman or Randleman, not one of the top level elite but I think those guys today would be very much in the running to be lower end top 10 fighters and maybe even a bit higher when you look at Derrick Lewis who honestly seems quite close to Goodridge skill wise for me.

If Hunt had beaten 10 low level guys in smaller orgs would that have made him more credable? really his record was being though in straight with very legit and some absolutely elite guys and at that point he was a world class striker and did have some natural grappling ability but was facing a much higher level of grappling offence from guys like Barnett and Fedor than is common today. Someone like Tuivasa honestly I don't think his grappling is much better and as a striker he's clearly not nearly as good.

To crack the top 10 in that era meant you needed elite skill all of the guys I listed had that were as these days thats not the case anymore.

Eh, calling it what it is isn't "dehyping", well...maybe so, because some of you are hyping him up to be better than he is.

Nah, because that would mean Jones lost to Hammill too. Which is just laughable.
I suppose you could say Johnson lost the fight but won the battle since every MMA media outlet declared him the winner. The fans know what's up. Same with Jones-Hammill.

Fedro's loss to TK is more in line with Randy's loss to Vitor. They were unable to continue per the doctor. Jones vs Hammil and Silva vs Okami 1 is a little different, as they made their opponents unable to continue, as they're supposed to, but due to some bullshit rules, they both have losses because of it. It's a bit different, but overall, all 4 guys have losses that we don't agree with, yet they're still losses. I essentially agree with your take on it, but there's a distinct difference in losing to a cut and losing from smashing your opponent.

Last edited:
I
but there's a distinct difference in losing to a cut than losing from a cut and losing from smashing your opponent.

Well yes. The difference is Silva and Jones broke rules, and their losses were clearly their faults.

TK hit Fedor with an illegal blow. It is akin to being kicked in the balls and not being able to continue. Anyone thinking that is a loss and not an NC needs their brain checked.

I know it is a difficult distinction for Anderoid fanatics.

but there's a distinct difference in losing to a cut than losing from a cut and losing from smashing your opponent.

Fedor lost to an illegal strike that cause a cut. That is wildly different than Randy losing to Vitor based on a legal strike.

As someone already pointed out, that’s like getting kicked in the nuts and losing via TKO.

Fedor’s loss is arguably the least deserved in MMA history. Illegal strike caused a cut, the doctor said the cut was too bad to continue, therefore he lost.

Fedor lost to an illegal strike that cause a cut. That is wildly different than Randy losing to Vitor based on a legal strike.

As someone already pointed out, that’s like getting kicked in the nuts and losing via TKO.

Fedor’s loss is arguably the least deserved in MMA history. Illegal strike caused a cut, the doctor said the cut was too bad to continue, therefore he lost.
Fioretti has a real hardon for that Kosaka fight lol

Fioretti has a real hardon for that Kosaka fight lol

Insecure Anderoid fans are really the most pathetic fanbase.

It's been a tough few years for them, seeing Anderson flush his legacy down the toilet.

Insecure Anderoid fans are really the most pathetic fanbase.

It's been a tough few years for them, seeing Anderson flush his legacy down the toilet.
To Anderson's credit he has had some good post UFC performances in his old age too.

Why would I be going "gaga" about him or saying he's "evolved"? He's been a 50/50 fighter for the last 6 and a half years.

Top 30 again? Lol - since when has that been a thing?

I mean, he's 40-6, but I do agree about the TK and Hammil losses. The shit you're saying about the Bigfoot fight is ridiculous. He got smashed.

7-7 is fact. Johnson is not Volkov's superior, and Fedor is no longer a top fighter. He hasn't been for a very long time. You guys are weird, man. Still a sexy ass combo he put on him though. Just take it for what it is and leave your fantasies out of it. Goddamn.
Lol who's on here pretending Fedor is top 10 ? Nobody is saying that. It's funny how most of his opponents ending up being top 10 guys or around it but suddenly who ever he fights isn't relevant at all. It's always a lose lose with fuck heads like you. When he beat Arlovski everyone was saying Arlovski was shot and had no chin but then he goes to the UFC and suddenly " he's really evolved now Joe " or some bullshit. Nobody is here thinking Fedor is relevant or fighting a top tier fighter, however he still can collect alot of heads at 45 which is still impressive.

Damn right it was a sexy combo :)
Honestly though, I think you’re being a bit unreasonable in your assessment. No one thinks that Tim Johnson would be UFC champ or anything. But since he has a win over Tybura who is currently #9 in the UFC, a win over Shamil Abdurakhimov who is #8, and honestly did deserve to have gotten the nod over Volkov who is #5, we can assume that Johnson would be a Top 10 HW in the UFC. And frankly, a 45 year old fighter with a shot chin has no business whatsoever taking a fight like that. The fact that Fedor took that fight, and performed as beautifully as he did at age 45 is remarkable, honestly. Imho anyhow.
I'm sick of this shit house forum full of keyboard pussies who never seen any of these people fight but go search up their records and paint everything as black and white. I like how goal posts are constantly moved. Fedor somehow never fought top competition but Werdum went on to clean out the division shortly after.

5 years in MMA is an eternity let alone 21 years, and Fedor has fought a murderers row of Former Champions , Elite level Strikers , Olympic Wrestlers , Judokas that won in the Olympics, BJJ black belts. He's came out with a record of 40-6 / 40-5 but suddenly this new era is just so skilled that he couldn't compete lol. Let's ignore that Derrick Leiws is a perennial contender in this era and 2005 Fedor completely smashes him in a ring.

Man, I hadnt seen Fedor's fanbase come together and be so active in a long time. Its so cool to see Fedor is still relevant in 2021.

Back