News Bellator 269: Fedor vs Timothy Johnson for Oct 23

Who wins

• Fedor

• Johnson

Results are only viewable after voting.

raw

Tim has recent wins over Mitrione and Kongo, so not too shabby. Kongo is on an impressive win streak and would be competitive in the terrible UFC HW division.

He's got a split decision over Kongo, and a knockout loss to Kongo. The SD win was over a year ago. Those are his two best wins, for sure, but are also the only named wins he has. He went 4-3 in the UFC, alternating wins and losses, and is 3-4 in Bellator. Let's not exaggerate it, guys.

Oh shut the fuck up , Tim is Dangerous and has fought top flight guys and came up short. He is a very dangerous opponent and would of likley beat many of guys Fedor could of fought aside from Werdum. Tim is a top 30 HW at a minimum. This wasn't an give me fight. I think Fedor haters are as delusional if not more than his fans ar this point.

"Top 30" - lol wtf, man? The fact that you would even say that to try and boost him up is crazy. We're going down to 30 now? Haha! I wouldn't say this was a "gimme fight", but only because Fedro's chin has a big question mark on it as of late, and he's fucking 45 years old. Not because Tim is some world beater. He's 7-7 in his last 14, man. Don't sugarcoat it. Is normal for Fedro to face this caliber of opponent. He's 45 and not a top fighter anymore. This is when this level of competition is acceptable. Helax.

He's 7-7 in his last 14, man. Don't sugarcoat it.
Anderson Silva is 1-9 in his last 10 MMA fights and still somehow beating world-class boxers in boxing.

Fedor is 40-5 overall.
40-4 if we don't count doctor stoppages.
Still winning at 45.

Not too shabby.

Pretty sexy combo there. Too bad it's just another mediocre fighter to pad his resume. Tim's 7-7 in his last 14 fights, and only has 23 total fights in his career.

That said, some sherbro and I were talking about sick 3 piece combos to finish fights not too long ago, and he thought Cain on Nog was the cleanest 3 piece in MMA history. This was definitely cleaner.
Lmao, this is coming from an Anderson fan celebrating his KO over Tito.

This was far more impressive than that absolute, pathetic, can level win.

Tim has recent wins over Mitrione and Kongo, so not too shabby. Kongo is on an impressive win streak and would be competitive in the terrible UFC HW division.

Tim also fought a close fight with Moldavsky, who is a fresh, young and good HW prospect.
That loss alone elevated Tim in my eyes, if we ignore him beating up Mitrione and Kongo and KTFOing another prospect in Tyrell Fortune.

Reactions: MT7
Anderson Silva is 1-9 in his last 10 MMA fights and still somehow beating world-class boxers in boxing.

Fedor is 40-5 overall.
40-4 if we don't count doctor stoppages.
Still winning at 45.

Not too shabby.

I was talking about Tim's record in his last 14 fights. Fedro is 40-6 1NC, by the way, not 40-5 or 40-4. Why would you not count a doctor stoppage?

Silva should've retired after the Bonnar fight like he wanted to, but was swayed by the Bentley, and has been fighting way too long. His shitty record at the end of his career speaks for itself in that regard, but it's crazy how he can still be competitive in boxing at 46 years old.

Lmao, this is coming from an Anderson fan celebrating his KO over Tito.

This was far more impressive than that absolute, pathetic, can level win.

I'm not sure what you're upset about? The fact that I pointed out Tim's mediocre record? Still a sexy combo from Fedro, never said otherwise. What does any of this have to do with Silva anyway? I don't know if you can say this was "more impressive" than Anderson KO'ing Tito the way he did. Have you seen Tito's head? Did you see that punch? Two different sports here, too, so I really wouldn't say they're comparable, but Tito is a much more established and decorated fighter than Tim Johnson, fella. Worlds apart. Definitely not in boxing though, and he's old as fuck now too, but again, I'm not really sure what relevance this has to the 3 piece we just saw? That's borderline fighter bashing on Tito too, homie. Watch yourself.

I love Fedor <3

Never loved a woman more than him, and never will.

Pretty sexy combo there. Too bad it's just another mediocre fighter to pad his resume. Tim's 7-7 in his last 14 fights, and only has 23 total fights in his career..

Johnson is the kind of fighter you would probably have called a "Can" back in the Pride era but in the current era he's basically traded wins and loses with credable names in the division. If it were some hyped UFC name KOing him like that you'd probably be going gaga about him and talking up how "evolved" he was.

Really I think this does show that Fedor in his comeback has basically become a glass canon, its going to be an early KO one way or the other although in this case seemed far more likely in his direction.

Last edited:
raw

He's got a split decision over Kongo, and a knockout loss to Kongo. The SD win was over a year ago. Those are his two best wins, for sure, but are also the only named wins he has. He went 4-3 in the UFC, alternating wins and losses, and is 3-4 in Bellator. Let's not exaggerate it, guys.

"Top 30" - lol wtf, man? The fact that you would even say that to try and boost him up is crazy. We're going down to 30 now? Haha! I wouldn't say this was a "gimme fight", but only because Fedro's chin has a big question mark on it as of late, and he's fucking 45 years old. Not because Tim is some world beater. He's 7-7 in his last 14, man. Don't sugarcoat it. Is normal for Fedro to face this caliber of opponent. He's 45 and not a top fighter anymore. This is when this level of competition is acceptable. Helax.
raw

Tim would competitive with most modern heavies in the top 30. He was a ranked fighter , def a solid fighter. https://rankingmma.com/mma-world-rankings/heavyweight/

So for my opinion. Nikita Mikhailov looked good, great bout and Brian Moore almost pulled off the come back. I like Alexey Shurkevich, hope Bellator does sign him like Shlemenko whispered in his ear to say.

Aiden Lee had a nice bounce back bout, Alekseeva is meh, but she's passable. Darina Mazdyuk is trash. Kirill Sidelnikov.... can't say anything since he fought a can.

Tokov looked rusty, especially in the stand up, but his grappling looked legit. Sharaf was decent as well, but both guys were friends so it seemed they didn't want to go for the kill against each other.

Usman fought a can, looked amazing but he called for a top 10, so I say put him against Dan Moret or Benson.

Minakov looked.... bad. Don't know if it's the ring rust like against Kongo and his last long layoff. Sowma looked quick and the cardio was there. Was eating up Minakov's front leg so might be why he didn't try to wrestle and was lumbering about.

Fedor off course, amazing

Last edited:
I was talking about Tim's record in his last 14 fights. Fedro is 40-6 1NC, by the way, not 40-5 or 40-4. Why would you not count a doctor stoppage?

Silva should've retired after the Bonnar fight like he wanted to, but was swayed by the Bentley, and has been fighting way too long. His shitty record at the end of his career speaks for itself in that regard, but it's crazy how he can still be competitive in boxing at 46 years old.

I'm not sure what you're upset about? The fact that I pointed out Tim's mediocre record? Still a sexy combo from Fedro, never said otherwise. What does any of this have to do with Silva anyway? I don't know if you can say this was "more impressive" than Anderson KO'ing Tito the way he did. Have you seen Tito's head? Did you see that punch? Two different sports here, too, so I really wouldn't say they're comparable, but Tito is a much more established and decorated fighter than Tim Johnson, fella. Worlds apart. Definitely not in boxing though, and he's old as fuck now too, but again, I'm not really sure what relevance this has to the 3 piece we just saw? That's borderline fighter bashing on Tito too, homie. Watch yourself.
No one counts TK loss. Its like counting Jones loss to Hammill. That would make him 40-5.

personally I dont count doctor stoppage against Bigfoot either since Bigfoot was cheating with steroids. plus there is a high likelihood Fedor would’ve KOd him in the third round. So yea, 40-4.

raw

Also 7-7 is not accurate.

EVERY SINGLE MMA media outlet had Tim as winner over top 5 UFC HW Volkov:
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/7476/Alexander-Volkov-vs-Tim-Johnson
He even knocked Volkov on his ass.
Given how easily Fedor dispatched of Volkov’s superior, it shows Fedor could still be top5 in the UFC.

I could eventually watch it on showtime YouTube and the rest I had to wait until someone putted the fights on YouTube.

I think watching prelims on YouTube is a good thing so I am expecting the same on the Irish card

Johnson is the kind of fighter you would probably have called a "Can" back in the Pride era but in the current era he's basically traded wins and loses with credable names in the division. If it were some hyped UFC name KOing him like that you'd probably be going gaga about him and talking up how "evolved" he was.

Really I think this does show that Fedor in his comeback has basically become a glass canon, its going to be an early KO one way or the other although in this case seemed far more likely in his direction.

Why would I be going "gaga" about him or saying he's "evolved"? He's been a 50/50 fighter for the last 6 and a half years.

Tim would competitive with most modern heavies in the top 30. He was a ranked fighter , def a solid fighter. https://rankingmma.com/mma-world-rankings/heavyweight/

Top 30 again? Lol - since when has that been a thing?

No one counts TK loss. Its like counting Jones loss to Hammill. That would make him 40-5.

personally I dont count doctor stoppage against Bigfoot either since Bigfoot was cheating with steroids. plus there is a high likelihood Fedor would’ve KOd him in the third round. So yea, 40-4.

I mean, he's 40-6, but I do agree about the TK and Hammil losses. The shit you're saying about the Bigfoot fight is ridiculous. He got smashed.

Also 7-7 is not accurate.

EVERY SINGLE MMA media outlet had Tim as winner over top 5 UFC HW Volkov:
He even knocked Volkov on his ass.
Given how easily Fedor dispatched of Volkov’s superior, it shows Fedor could still be top5 in the UFC.

7-7 is fact. Johnson is not Volkov's superior, and Fedor is no longer a top fighter. He hasn't been for a very long time. You guys are weird, man. Still a sexy ass combo he put on him though. Just take it for what it is and leave your fantasies out of it. Goddamn.

Why would I be going "gaga" about him or saying he's "evolved"? He's been a 50/50 fighter for the last 6 and a half years.

Top 30 again? Lol - since when has that been a thing?

I mean, he's 40-6, but I do agree about the TK and Hammil losses. The shit you're saying about the Bigfoot fight is ridiculous. He got smashed.

7-7 is fact. Johnson is not Volkov's superior, and Fedor is no longer a top fighter. He hasn't been for a very long time. You guys are weird, man. Still a sexy ass combo he put on him though. Just take it for what it is and leave your fantasies out of it. Goddamn.

By consensus of MMA pundits, Johnson IS Volkov's superior:

Judges fuck up all the time, are bought off etc.
MMA community > MMA judges.

Why would I be going "gaga" about him or saying he's "evolved"? He's been a 50/50 fighter for the last 6 and a half years..

Not Johnson but someone beating Johnson in that fashion, if say Ngannou had KOed him fast earlier in his career you don't think it would have gotten hyped up a lot? it definately would have.

The truth is that level of fighter has become much more prominent in the modern HW division as standards have declined, in the mid/late 00's to get into the top 10 you really needed to be elite, Fedor, Nog, Crocop, Barnett, Sylvia, Mir, Werdum, Arlovski, Sergei, Hunt, ALeks, etc were as now the top 10 is full of the kind of guys who would be top 20-30 back then and badly declined former big names.

Man, that was an absolutely sweet KO. I have to admit I was with the majority thinking Fedor should hang em up, but he knocked Johnson out absolutely clean, very hard to argue that Fedor still isn't competitive after a showing like that. Even before the KO shots, his hand speed is actually ridiculous for a 45 year old heavyweight. War Fedor!

Man, that was an absolutely sweet KO. I have to admit I was with the majority thinking Fedor should hang em up, but he knocked Johnson out absolutely clean, very hard to argue that Fedor still isn't competitive after a showing like that. Even before the KO shots, his hand speed is actually ridiculous for a 45 year old heavyweight. War Fedor!

Again really he's a glass canon now, you could put him in with someone like Gane or Ngannou and I would say he would have some chance, certainly wouldnt be favoured but he would still be dangerous for them.

The flipside of course is that I could also see him losing to quite a lot of guys at HW as well.

By consensus of MMA pundits, Johnson IS Volkov's superior:

Judges fuck up all the time, are bought off etc.
MMA community > MMA judges.

Decisions are always just opinion. To truly be someone's superior in MMA, you must finish them. Robberies happen, of course, it doesn't change actual records. Johnson lost to Volkov.

Not Johnson but someone beating Johnson in that fashion, if say Ngannou had KOed him fast earlier in his career you don't think it would have gotten hyped up a lot? it definately would have.

The truth is that level of fighter has become much more prominent in the modern HW division as standards have declined, in the mid/late 00's to get into the top 10 you really needed to be elite, Fedor, Nog, Crocop, Barnett, Sylvia, Mir, Werdum, Arlovski, Sergei, Hunt, ALeks, etc were as now the top 10 is full of the kind of guys who would be top 20-30 back then and badly declined former big names.

I mean, a sick KO is a sick KO. I don't think anybody would be hyping up Johnson's credentials to make Ngannou look better, as all the Fedro fanatics are doing and have always done. That's a bit of a revision about back in the day. Remember how I just said the Fedro fanatics have to hype up his opponents' credentials? Gary Goodridge immediately comes to mind as they try to pass him off as a top 10 (he wasn't, but still). Hunt was considered top 10 for a brief time when he was 5-2 in MMA - that's not elite. This newfound "top 30" shit has to stop. Please stop it. Lol!

Pretty sexy combo there. Too bad it's just another mediocre fighter to pad his resume. Tim's 7-7 in his last 14 fights, and only has 23 total fights in his career.

That said, some sherbro and I were talking about sick 3 piece combos to finish fights not too long ago, and he thought Cain on Nog was the cleanest 3 piece in MMA history. This was definitely cleaner.
Damn right it was a sexy combo :)
Honestly though, I think you’re being a bit unreasonable in your assessment. No one thinks that Tim Johnson would be UFC champ or anything. But since he has a win over Tybura who is currently #9 in the UFC, a win over Shamil Abdurakhimov who is #8, and honestly did deserve to have gotten the nod over Volkov who is #5, we can assume that Johnson would be a Top 10 HW in the UFC. And frankly, a 45 year old fighter with a shot chin has no business whatsoever taking a fight like that. The fact that Fedor took that fight, and performed as beautifully as he did at age 45 is remarkable, honestly. Imho anyhow.

I mean, a sick KO is a sick KO. I don't think anybody would be hyping up Johnson's credentials to make Ngannou look better, as all the Fedro fanatics are doing and have always done. That's a bit of a revision about back in the day. Remember how I just said the Fedro fanatics have to hype up his opponents' credentials? Gary Goodridge immediately comes to mind as they try to pass him off as a top 10 (he wasn't, but still). Hunt was considered top 10 for a brief time when he was 5-2 in MMA - that's not elite. This newfound "top 30" shit has to stop. Please stop it. Lol!

Its moreso you looking to dehype Johnson as some nobody when in reality he's basically been 50/50 in matches with credable HW's for quite along time, Johnson on the level of someone like say Tuivasa, Boser, etc is I think a very reasonable argument to make, beating him is a good arguement that you can still a relevant HW but perhaps not that your at the very top of the division.

It is a bit hard to gauge Goodridge exactly as he only fought a few big names in MMA during that good run in the early 00's losing to Fedor and Nog but that is kind of my point. Goodridge back then was viewed as a lesser fight for Fedor same as say Fujita, Coleman or Randleman, not one of the top level elite but I think those guys today would be very much in the running to be lower end top 10 fighters and maybe even a bit higher when you look at Derrick Lewis who honestly seems quite close to Goodridge skill wise for me.

If Hunt had beaten 10 low level guys in smaller orgs would that have made him more credable? really his record was being put in straight with very legit and some absolutely elite guys and at that point he was a world class striker and did have some natural grappling ability but was facing a much higher level of grappling offence from guys like Barnett and Fedor than is common today. Someone like Tuivasa honestly I don't think his grappling is much better and as a striker he's clearly not nearly as good.

To crack the top 10 in that era meant you needed elite skill all of the guys I listed had that were as these days thats not the case anymore.

Last edited:
Back