Behind the scenes look at Cyborg's grueling weight cut to 140 for UFC 198

And morons probably still think she could make 135...

Anyone with a brain knew that it was not physically possible for her to make 135...Ronda and Dana knew that...and if she did she would have been a shell of herself.

Cyborg beats anyone in the 135 lb division easily, her next fight will be another assault...she by far is the best female fighter ever...and soon enough that 145 lb division will open in the UFC so the rest of the world can see.

It wouldn't be so grueling if her walking weight wasn't so high due to her extra muscle mass. Even with 4 lbs less lean mass, she'd still be a force at 135 lbs.

There's like 5 seconds of weight cutting in this promotional video, which just about every fighter goes through.

3 lbs to go for her first fight at 135.

SO not true.

Not many fighters end up like that during a weight cut...yeah some...cut a ton, very few end up like that. No way she can cut another 3-4 lbs to make a fight at 135, let alone fight @ 135 for the belt.

What's the point in all this? Just bring some 145ers like Megan Anderson over

She is playing hardball & refusing to go to 135 , maybe they will just do the 145 set up a title fight , it was Rousey vs Carmouche for the first 135 title so Guyborgio vs Anderson or whoever is not that much of a reach , they can do a 145 Ultimate Fighter .
I just fail to see the point of these 140 fights if 135 is not the final goal .

Could Cyborg make 135 losing some muscle mass? Of course!

But it's not good for her, fighting wise.

It's like asking Conor to drop to 135. Could he? Yes!

Would he be the same fighter as a 145er? Of course not!

Anyone with a brain knew that it was not physically possible for her to make 135...Ronda and Dana knew that...and if she did she would have been a shell of herself.

Cyborg beats anyone in the 135 lb division easily, her next fight will be another assault...she by far is the best female fighter ever...and soon enough that 145 lb division will open in the UFC so the rest of the world can see.
Cain can best anyone in the 155 pound division. So what

Most of those fights are gone now ala Chuck vs Wandy , HH just lost 2 , Meisha just lost by death , somebody is still looking for RR head , I agree 145 the time is now .

no, its not like asking Conor. Cryborg either needs to drop or quit calling out smaller fighters if she ever wants any respect.

Yeah but cloner isn't calling out everyone at 135 like cyroid is. He moved up.

Castration would drop her down some and show fans that she is serious about making 135.

Cryborg has built a legacy of juicing, cheating, can smashing, calling out smaller fighters and being a man. A lot of water has gone under that bridge for her or her fringe kook fanbase to change people's view of her now.

This.

Show me all these threads I make about it? Get back to me when you are able to dispute the facts. So far you never have. All you do is lie, refuse to talk about sources and facts, and then leave like a whining bitch.
If youy chose to ignore and lie about it, then fine by me. You are the one consumed by hate.

But I was not the one who opened a thread to talk about her being 160LBS that was on first page for the past weeks because you refused to let it go...

You know this grudge of yours have been up for more than a decade, and Cyborg still has no clue you exist, right?? (Or Ronda, since you are also such a passionate defender of hers as well)

Logical fallacy. She can balloon up to 180 and make 140 tough. That doesn't mean she can't make 135 from 160.

All you haters have are logical fallacies.

Nov. 2012 under contract in the UFC she is 160.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/doctors-sh...tempting-cut-to-135lbs-ufc-future-in-jeopardy

Mar 2015 while she claims she has been losing weight to fight at 135, and 2 days after a fight she is 175.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/2...ay-cris-cyborg-weighs-175-lbs-can-she-drop-to

Cyborg was 160lbs and refused to cut to 135 because 25lbs is too big a cut for a woman to make.
Cyborg then power lifted and gained 12lbs+ of muscle and was 172-175 cutting 27-30lbs to fight at 145.
Cyborg then dropped to 165lbs and cut 26lbs to 139lbs.
Cyborg is now 5lbs heavier than she was and refuses to cut 3lbs more to fight at 135.

Care to dispute any of that?

Cyborg is a ....
06479b0f8c0d6124893572e1bb448ab4.jpg

I debunked this shit whiles ago, get out of here. You got buried.

If youy chose to ignore and lie about it, then fine by me. You are the one consumed by hate.

But I was not the one who opened a thread to talk about her being 160LBS that was on first page for the past weeks because you refused to let it go...

You know this grudge of yours have been up for more than a decade, and Cyborg still has no clue you exist, right?? (Or Ronda, since you are also such a passionate defender of hers as well)

She opened that shit because I trashed her point of view in a previous thread where she continued to post the same comment 10x over.

Cutting weight the days before a fight is hard. It's hard for lots of fighters. Most don't publicize it.

No one is saying she should cut the extra 3 lbs shed need to make 136. No one. What everyone is saying is that she can LOSE 3 lbs before her cut. That requires change in diet and exercise. This isn't so hard to follow. Don't bulk up to 172. Lose a little weight. Now, will you ignore this point?
No one? I must spend too much time online because I've seen "just 4 more lbs" more times than I can count. I understand that it may not be your position though.
Do you have proof she was 172 before her cut to 140? She was noticeably smaller leading up to that cut.
Using her current weight is meaningless as she's already dropped the idea of fighting at 135 so she's not even trying to keep her walk around weight down.

I debunked this shit whiles ago, get out of here. You got buried.
He in his own post says she dropped 10lbs to cut to 139 yet we see how difficult it still was to make weight. He then uses her current weight as "proof" she is ballooning to duck yet she announced she wasn't attempting 135 before she gained the weight.
He can't keep up with his own bs.
"Drop 15lbs of muscle mass then go through the same grueling weight cut to make 135. It's easy!" Thanks for the career advice internet man.

No one? I must spend too much time online because I've seen "just 4 more lbs" more times than I can count. I understand that it may not be your position though.
Do you have proof she was 172 before her cut to 140? She was noticeably smaller leading up to that cut.
Using her current weight is meaningless as she's already dropped the idea of fighting at 135 so she's not even trying to keep her walk around weight down.

She tweeted her pre-cut weight the other day at approx. 172. (171 and change).

He in his own post says she dropped 10lbs to cut to 139 yet we see how difficult it still was to make weight. He then uses her current weight as "proof" she is ballooning to duck yet she announced she wasn't attempting 135 before she gained the weight.
He can't keep up with his own bs.
"Drop 15lbs of muscle mass then go through the same grueling weight cut to make 135. It's easy!" Thanks for the career advice internet man.

He must have multiple degrees in human biology and anatomy as well as being a full time Nutritionist with the way he is so certain about Cyborg's weight.

Back