Behind the scenes look at Cyborg's grueling weight cut to 140 for UFC 198

giphy.gif

Why is there so many credits for a 1 min video? Half of the video is credits.

You do realize she was 5lbs heavier in that camp than she was when she was in the UFC ducking 135 before right?
No. But my point is, if she isn't going to seriously do what she needs to do to safely make it down to 135, then she just needs to stay at 145. The fact she wants to do both for whatever reason, means she'll never adjust her body accordingly.

No sympathy from me, she chose the route of dehydration.
It was chosen for her when the UFC refused to create a 145 division in large part to protect their golden girl.

No. But my point is, if she isn't going to seriously do what she needs to do to safely make it down to 135, then she just needs to stay at 145. The fact she wants to do both for whatever reason, means she'll never adjust her body accordingly.
Then she should stfu about fighting 135lb girls. I have no problem with her staying at 145. My problem is a steroid cheater who CAN make 135, adds 12lbs, fights at 145, then demands girls much smaller fight her at a higher weight so she can have a steroid advantage.

It was chosen for her when the UFC refused to create a 145 division in large part to protect their golden girl.
please explain your logic for thinking not creating a 145 div protected their golden girl and how dehydration was chosen for her

Then she should stfu about fighting 135lb girls. I have no problem with her staying at 145. My problem is a steroid cheater who CAN make 135, adds 12lbs, fights at 145, then demands girls much smaller fight her at a higher weight so she can have a steroid advantage.
I agree, that's what I was saying in the original post of mine that you quoted. She should just leave 135 alone. If someone from 135 wants to challenge her at 140 or 145 then accept the challenges as they come. Otherwise, just do your shit at 145.

Or she could lose some muscle mass and make an easier cut
Or they could just have a featherweight division. I get why there is no heavyweight-welterweight women's division in the ufc but they need a featherweight division if they want cyborg to fight for them.

I agree, that's what I was saying in the original post of mine that you quoted. She should just leave 135 alone. If someone from 135 wants to challenge her at 140 or 145 then accept the challenges as they come. Otherwise, just do your shit at 145.
Perfect, she would get no hate from me for doing that.

Goat. She would beat the FUCK out of your fav Wmma.

Also man thats brutal, I bet she performs way better at 145 then she does 140. Not like it matters, she is leaps and bounds better than the rest of the girls in mma.

I never understood how these fans can't see that the other girls are not even remotely on Cyborgs level.
It's like a pro against a high-school kid. These other girls are just that bad. But ufc calibre though brrrp

Or they could just have a featherweight division. I get why there is no heavyweight-welterweight women's division in the ufc but they need a featherweight division if they want cyborg to fight for them.
Give me the roster for this division.

I posted Cyborg's comments. Can you show me exactly what I posted that was wrong? Didn't think so. You know you are a liar.
You posted ONE PIC of her in a scale. From that, you theorized all the rest.

A film, showing how hard it is for her to lose weight is worth less than your pic.

You are just willingfull stupid when it comes to Cyborg.

Oh ya. It really looks like she can easily make 135 alright.

Jesus Christ fellas.

The collective stupidity on this subject is amazing. And the truth is some of you are so dug in you're willfully being ignorant.

But wait, wait......All she has to do is lose some muscle, and it will be really easy....right?

She has very lean muscle, and a large bone structure for a woman. She is a big girl.

RR could easily make 125 of she just lost some muscle....Right? It's just so ridiculous it's hard to even respond.

Seriously....Many need to take a step back from this and just use some basic common sense.

Losing some muscle would move her in the right direction.

RR is not calling out smaller fighters.

The reason Cyboy gets so much grief besides the cheating is that she and her fringe kook fans are constantly calling out smaller fighters.

STFU or make weight!!!!

Cyroid should call out Fallon Fox for a tranny match.

No only fools who tell lies to favor a proven cheater. She has been 175. She is currently 172. How am I exaggerating when I posted the pics she posted of herself on scales?

My claim was she is 172 in shape. I posted she was 175 days after a fight as proof that the numbers are accurate. She is not going to gain 15lbs of fat in 2 days.

Please tell me exactly what fact I posted you disagree with. You morons refuse to do so and keep trying to attack me because you know your position is untenable and you are wrong.
Maybe that's you're problem - you see adult discussion as attacks. Further evidence of your youth. I actually envy you in that regard. I do not envy your ability to post random facts and piece them together to makeup a false narrative.
How about this: I want you to state that Cris Cyborg (7x winner of World Jiu-Jitsu and Submission championships, 16-1 MMA, 2-1 Muay Thai including facing the champ just for the love of getting hit) is ducking fighters such as Meisha Tate and Holly Holm both of which got demolished in their last fights.

Say it. Verbatim so I can post it as my sig.

I propose, largely because of the mammoth amount of muscle that she has gained since she fought at 137, any cut to 135 will be tough. That being said, the extra muscle she has gained the last 3-4 years makes everything harder.

If she really wanted to make 135 like she said she did so many times (even back in her strikeforce days) she should have been working to make the scale head in the other direction. Given that she not only gained, but maintains an extreme level of muscularity while participating in a cardio-intensive sport means she is making this far more difficult that she should.

The idea that's she's gained muscle over the last 3-4 years tells me you have certainly not been following any of this over the years. At all.

She has certainly not gained muscle. She actually lost some.

If you can't tell by her bone structure that she is dense, and very different from most women, I don't know what to tell you. It should be very obvious. Just look at her face. She has the bone structure of a man.

The idea she's some muscle bound monster is nothing short of hilarious. She has lean muscle on her, and I don't see how losing more would benefit her in anyway.

But then she wouldn't be Cyborg anymore.

Those guys who say that are pretty foolish.
Why doesn't everyone just lose 10lbs of muscle and go down a weight class?
Answer. They are already at an Optimum weight class and to go down further would greatly diminish themselves in the cage.
It's not a tricky thing to figure out if you've watched like 20fights. You should be able to realize that.

The idea that's she's gained muscle over the last 3-4 years tells me you have certainly not been following any of this over the years. At all.

She has certainly not gained muscle. She actually lost some.

Really? Numbers say otherwise.

If you can't tell by her bone structure that she is dense, and very different from most women, I don't know what to tell you. It should be very obvious. Just look at her face. She has the bone structure of a man.

As I work in sports physiology, I have a decent comprehension of bone structure.

The idea she's some muscle bound monster is nothing short of hilarious. She has lean muscle on her, and I don't see how losing more would benefit her in anyway.

I did not use that phrase, and I dislike straw-man arguments. That being said, timeline was laid out in the following post:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...cyborg-is-the-one-who-has-ducked-ran.2951577/

You posted ONE PIC of her in a scale. From that, you theorized all the rest.

A film, showing how hard it is for her to lose weight is worth less than your pic.

You are just willingfull stupid when it comes to Cyborg.
So I asked you to specify exactly what you disagree with and you can't. Sounds to me like you know you are wrong.

Losing some muscle would move her in the right direction.

RR is not calling out smaller fighters.

The reason Cyboy gets so much grief besides the cheating is that she and her fringe kook fans are constantly calling out smaller fighters. .

They all claimed they wanted to fight her, and obviously RR has gone very far out of her way to talk lots and lots of shit over the years.

Cyborg isn't much bigger than RR at all. They are very close to the same size.

And they could easily fight....

At 140 or 145....The ONLY person who every stopped that from happening is RR and the UFC....It should be very obvious to anyone that 135 was never an option. None of us care if it's at 135 or 140 or 145. We all just wanted to see them fight.

And let's be honest. We all know why they never fought, and never will.

Back