Batman: The Killing Joke (Rate the Movie)

If you have seen BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Batman's voice kept slipping from time to time. Conroy can't do Batman properly anymore and wtf was with all that Bat Girl shit? From what I understand they threw that in the movie even though it's not in the comics, right?

yeah the first 30 mins are bullshit made only for this movie.

yeah the first 30 mins are bullshit made only for this movie.
I'm watching now and at the thirty minute mark. I've already laughed a couple of times bc oh my god there's some cringey ass shit in here. I hope that's about to come to an end bc lol I just can't tbh.

I thought dc cartoons could do no wrong. Wtf with the batgirl storyline?

I'm watching now and at the thirty minute mark. I've already laughed a couple of times bc oh my god there's some cringey ass shit in here. I hope that's about to come to an end bc lol I just can't tbh.
Outed as a man! :eek:

shame really the comic is a 9/10 i am still amazed that dc managed to fuck up the whole thing they fuckin turned batman into a creepy guy fuckin teenagers.

Outed as a man! :eek:
Huh?
shame really the comic is a 9/10 i am still amazed that dc managed to fuck up the whole thing they fuckin turned batman into a creepy guy fuckin teenagers.
Yeah. That whole thing was weird for a couple of different reasons.

Also Batman came off as like some kinda emo teenager lol. More so than usual anyways xD

Can understand why so many people hated the beginning lol.

I saw it and it sucked. Plus, I thought it was creepy that Batman fucked Batgirl.

Here just to say prologue sucked and Batman and Batgirls angry sex scene was super creepy.

I am not quite sure why it got all the hate, it is pretty much a panel for panel recreation of the killing joke, with most of the same dialogue. That being said i think people thought the creator would develop more scenes or at least extend them so the need for the first 30 min of fluff wouldn't be needed.

Overall all the missing shots that used to be filled by your imagination while reading the comic , in the animation they where filled by nothing, just a panel by panel recreation. which made it feel lacking.

Not taking in to account the first 30 creepy minutes...

Bolland art made the comic feel like a piece of art, on the other hand animation and art style was pedestrian.

Doesn't make sense though since crippled Barbara (oracle) is canon, and joker is alive and well.

I think the story was supposed to be out of continuity like DKR and Arkham Asylum ( they even show a pictue of golden age Batman, Batmite and GA Batwoman in the cave, wich didnt made sense in the post crisis 80s were the multiverse was wiped out of existence).

So its possible that Moore's original intention was to kill the Joker, but the book was adapted in to continuity so Batman didnt kill Joker in the official canon.

edit:
I maybe wrong here but i think Barbara didnt even exist post crisis, since in Year One Miller made Gordon the father of a son and not a daughter, at the time DC was moving out of campy comcepts like Krypto, Batgirl and Supergirl. Someone may correct me here but I think TKJ was Barbaras first appearance post crisis as the story was adapted in to regular continuity .

Last edited:

Bolland art made the comic feel like a piece of art, on the other hand animation and art style was pedestrian.

Yeah i dont think theres anyone thats going to defend those first 30 min, they are just bad.

Bruce Timm once said in an interview , he never wanted to do the Killing Joke because there wasnt enough there for a feature film to do it justice.

sad to admit but I think he was right.

I think the story was supposed to be out of continuity like DKR and Arkham Asylum ( they even show a pictue of golden age Batman, Batmite and GA Batwoman in the cave, wich didnt made sense in the post crisis 80s were the multiverse was wiped out of existence).

So its possible that Moore's original intention was to kill the Joker, but the book was adapted in to continuity so Batman didnt kill Joker in the official canon.

edit:
I maybe wrong here but i think Barbara didnt even exist post crisis, since in Year One Miller made Gordon the father of a son and not a daughter, at the time DC was moving out of campy comcepts like Krypto, Batgirl and Supergirl. Someone may correct me here but I think TKJ was Barbaras first appearance post crisis as the story was adapted in to regular continuity .

In Year One Miller also made Catwoman black and Commissioner Gordon aware of Batman's identity and OMG why are we even debating this comics are so confusing.

It was decent, that ending was terrible and ruined the movie for me.

In Year One Miller also made Catwoman black and Commissioner Gordon aware of Batman's identity and OMG why are we even debating this comics are so confusing.

She wasnt black and the Gordon was just hinted wich was prettyy great the way the story ended.

Just got back and enjoyed it. Didn't mind the added Batgirl stuff but I don't really nerd rage over this kind of stuff. All in all we did get a pretty accurate adaptation of the KJ in the film. If it really bothers people just disregard the first 30 min and the last scene.

Admit it you guys would have hit Babs too.

Just got back and enjoyed it. Didn't mind the added Batgirl stuff but I don't really nerd rage over this kind of stuff. All in all we did get a pretty accurate adaptation of the KJ in the film. If it really bothers people just disregard the first 30 min and the last scene.

Admit it you guys would have hit Babs too.
Lol it's not nerd rage. I don't mind that they added some fluff, it's just how they went about it. It's just so bad xD Batgirl is cool gal but idky we need her having a weird ass relationship with Batman? Surely they could have come up with something better than this.

Tho lul'd when she called him n was going off, and he was like "later" or whatever n hung up. Giving no fucks lmaooo. Cold.

He still a cringey ass emo fukk tho.

Don't know why ppl are pissed at the ending, from what I read it's the same as the comic

Fuck everyone, bats killed that dude.

Don't know why ppl are pissed at the ending, from what I read it's the same as the comic

It ends abruptly. People in the theater who were not familiar with the book were like wtf. There is a mid credit scene involving Barbara.

Back