Batman: The Killing Joke (Rate the Movie)

If you have seen BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I hope they aren't doing R for R's sake. But imo this story can hit R without anything really being added. simply animating what the Joker does to Babs and Gordon is basically enough for an R rating.

are they going to stick to the story's canon or are they going to make some differences?

I'm here just for Hamill's delivery of "One bad day".

are they going to stick to the story's canon or are they going to make some differences?
It doesn't really seem like there's enough material for an 80minute movie if they don't pad the story somewhat.

Can't wait to hear Batman dropping f-bombs and see Batgirl's titties.

I want to be excited, but I've never seen a non-CGI, Western-animated super hero movie that kept my interest. I don't like the art style at all, the stories are always dumbed down (even as adaptations of many works that aren't exactly genius to begin with), predictable as fuck. An assembly of things I've seen and heard before with no character at all.

I don't know what's making this R-rated, but I'm positive Gordon isn't going to be forced to watch images of his daughter being crippled while he's naked except for leather BDSM gear and chained in a bent-over position in front of the Joker.

It's interesting that they're making the cartoon R, but the live-action stuff PG-13. This could be the beginning of something great. I hope it is.

As for adding story.... I know why they have to do it, but....

Besides TDKR, the past 10 or so animated movies have sucked. Don't like the new animation and crappy voice acting with stories that are half assed.

Update: April 2, 2016

Extended Sneak Peek at BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE

Looks amazing, I can't imagine anyone doing
a better job in animation then voices of BM and the
the Joker then Kevin and Mark

really never been into animated superhero shows and movies, but may make an exception for this one and watch it
also wtf at this video and the purple thing coming on the screen its so irritating!!! aghhhh lol

I don't like the animation. Hamil is GOAT, but the animation takes me out of the story.
the animation looks to be an almost direct translation of the comic. I know they talked about how they have to strip it down in a sense, but I think they did an excellent job at making the transition to animation.

So pumped for this movie. Looks like they aren't going to shy away from the more hardcore aspects of the comic.

The Killing Joke is not as good as people make it out to be. In my opinion, Year One, Hush, Long Hollowean, Dark Knight Returns, Death in the Family, Knightfall, and Dark Victory are all better. The Killing Joke is really short and the best parts to me are the art and ambiguity of the ending. Did Batman really kill the joker this time? Fluffying this up to a feature, I don't know how well that will work. The story sticks out to me due to the art and the Moore-ishness of the story. Moore thought much of the story. Probably, because it really doesn't have a lot of meat. It really is just a couple issue arc that was turned into a hardcover special.

[Mod edit: Fan-made trailer pieced together from the sneak peek.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back