Movies BARBIE (Highest Grossing Movie of 2023; Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen BARBIE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
A feminist movie that sold this much? This explains the dating world in 2023 and the cat lady spinster future. <Moves>

how many reviews in here have you seen that said, “brought my little girls to see Barbie & they totally loved it!”

Lmao at thinking Sherdoggers have children. This film critic took his three kids:

It's kind of hilarious at the amount of goalpost moving this movie has generated from the "Go Woke, Go Broke" propagandists.

*When movie comes out*

"This movie is woke anti-male propaganda trying to brainwash the audience and will be a big flop! #GoWokeGoBroke"

*When the movie has a massive opening at the box office*

"The movie only had a big opening because of the marketing tricking people but once people realize what woke garbage it is, the numbers will fall hard!"

*When the film shows strong legs and has a massive opening week at the box office*

"People are just being brainwashed by the amount of marketing this garbage generated but once the hype clears, people will stop watching"

*When the film's legs continue strong and it seems it might make a billion at the box office*

"Hey now, this film isn't woke at all because Kenough is BASED and stuff."

That's the general reaction I've noticed from that crowd, they would rather move the goalposts than acknowledge that the "Go Woke, Go Broke" narrative isn't as strong as they think it is and general audiences don't care whether something is "woke" or not.

I am moving straight to "the eventual sequel won't do nearly as well and that is because it is too woke and I was right this entire time"

Damn this movie is killing it in the box office. I'm sure they'll do a sequel.
I fucking hope not. I think everybody involved said they don’t want to do one either. But maybe it’ll get a Mean Girls kinda sequel where it’s all different people and nobody has heard about its release until ten years after lol.

I fucking hope not. I think everybody involved said they don’t want to do one either. But maybe it’ll get a Mean Girls kinda sequel where it’s all different people and nobody has heard about its release until ten years after lol.

Tbh I've never seen the film. I'm just assuming based on the huge numbers they made. Why not see if they can capture lightning in a bottle again. lol

It’s rated PG-13 so I think it could realistically be called a kid’s movie.
It could be. But it can also appeal to adults as well so I think it’s for everybody. Titanic has a PG13 rating and we got full titties in that :eek: Barbie certainly does make an effort to appeal to its older audience as well with adult jokes, references to older Barbie media, and hitting us in the feels about our childhood and growing up. It knew what it was doing.

Tbh I've never seen the film. I'm just assuming based on the huge numbers they made. Why not see if they can capture lightning in a bottle again. lol
Yeah. Unfortunately we all know how greedy studios get, they can’t leave well enough alone if there’s a dollar to be made.

It could be. But it can also appeal to adults as well so I think it’s for everybody. Titanic has a PG13 rating and we got full titties in that :eek: Barbie certainly does make an effort to appeal to its older audience as well with adult jokes, references to older Barbie media, and hitting us in the feels about our childhood and growing up. It knew what it was doing.
They will probably make a Ken movie

It’s rated PG-13 so I think it could realistically be called a kid’s movie.

You can have a movie aimed at adults without an R rating you know...

I'm sure Temple of Doom wasn't meant for the kids..

You can have a movie aimed at adults without an R rating you know...

I'm sure Temple of Doom wasn't meant for the kids..

Yeah but it wasn’t a movie based around and named after literal children’s toys. Regardless I saw Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom when I was under 10 and loved it.

Yeah but it wasn’t a movie based around and named after literal children’s toys. Regardless I saw Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom when I was under 10 and loved it.
I saw blood sport as maybe an 8 years old lol. Along with a lot of other R rated vhs.

Why does it break your brain to think that a movie about a children’s toy could be more than a Saturday morning cartoon? Lol

Why does it break your brain to think that a movie about a children’s toy could be more than a Saturday morning cartoon? Lol

Nothing’s breaking my brain. It’s just not as hard edged and brazen as some people think it is.

Lol at the guy with over 13,000 posts telling someone to go outside.
tedium060617.gif

Back