Movies BARBIE (Highest Grossing Movie of 2023; Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen BARBIE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
barbie-movie-ken.png

Ken world had some funny gags like the mini fridge.

I would rather have been watching speedruns for two hours, which incidentally have about as much plot as the movie.
I just rewatched Mario the other night and didn’t realize the first time what a bitch Peach is to Mario. Like everybody else in the movie she keeps putting him down until he saves the day. But yeah the plot is thin. I get he’s trying to prove himself and save his brother and help save the kingdom, which sounds like a lot going on. But it felt so hollow and like they were just trying to hit plot points. But it’s a Mario movie so, eh.

I just rewatched Mario the other night and didn’t realize the first time what a bitch Peach is to Mario. Like everybody else in the movie she keeps putting him down until he saves the day. But yeah the plot is thin. I get he’s trying to prove himself and save his brother and help save the kingdom, which sounds like a lot going on. But it felt so hollow and like they were just trying to hit plot points. But it’s a Mario movie so, eh.

I went from watching Puss and Boots 2 ,the best animated feature I have seen in 10 years, the weekend before to Mario, a vapid pile of mediocrity.

Super Mario Bros. was really nothing more than a cash grab and if that was the benchmark, it was very successful.

I went from watching Puss and Boots 2 ,the best animated feature I have seen in 10 years, the weekend before to Mario, a vapid pile of mediocrity.

Super Mario Bros. was really nothing more than a cash grab and if that was the benchmark, it was very successful.
Damn, I was hoping SMB was at least above average.

i assume you haven’t seen Into the Spider-Verse, Across the Spider-Verse, Song of the Sea, Wolfwalkers, Anomalisa, The Wolf House, The Old Man Movie, Night Is Short Walk on Girl, Flee, or Inu-Oh yet

goes to show just how retarded this once great nation has become

I don't know if this says a lot about how great the Barbie Movie was, or how bad the rest of the movies have become. I am sure Barbie was a fine piece of entertainment, but some amazing movie that deserves top billing? Hollywood sucks.

I don't know if this says a lot about how great the Barbie Movie was, or how bad the rest of the movies have become. I am sure Barbie was a fine piece of entertainment, but some amazing movie that deserves top billing? Hollywood sucks.
how does the Barbie brand differ from any [insert superhero name here] blockbuster?

gen Z bois loved this shit, we are fucked brother

To be fair, most of the Superhero movies are pretty weak too.
doesn’t change the fact that the Hollywood studio system has always been about producing blockbusters that are as widely appealing as possible first & foremost

I got about an hour into Barbie with my daughter when I saw there was almost another hour to go. That's about my limit on a movie like this, not knocking the production itself, it honestly looked great, but just felt like a long running gag that went on too long.

Shit, I keep hearing about Puss 2. Maybe I need to watch it.

Shit, I keep hearing about Puss 2. Maybe I need to watch it.

It is legit good and is on netflix. The writing is well done and the art is very stylistically beyond just, put out models and make a cartoon.

Back