Bacon vs. Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd probably mistake me for food and eat me. So....no.

But erco can. All azn's are doctors.

The operation will be via arthoscope. He'll poke three holes in my shoulder and take a look around. He'll remove the bone spur and he'll repair the subscapularis. The subscap repair might take a larger incision, but it doesn't really effect the recovery time-line. I'll be in a sling for 2 months. Rehab will take 2 more on top of that. After 4 months I'll be about 70-80%. It will take 8 more months to reach 100%.

If I heal quick, and I usually do, those times will be shorter.

The only thing I need to decide is when. I'll probably wait until after this semester. I gotta tell ya, I'm not exactly stoked about it, but its better to do it now, while I'm young that later in life when the healing won't be as quick/complete.

At least you'll get back to 100%

BTW, I saw the devil makes 3 on saturday night in santa cruz. It was teh awesome.

Four months of pure downtime and four months of 70% are a hell of a lot better than "no better than it is now" for the rest of your days.

Sucks, but if Graedy can tough through his guts rotting out, I have every confidence in you and your shoulder. :)

It doesn't look like your fight against gravity is going too well, bacon:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uB1FGpfXCRY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uB1FGpfXCRY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hm, good luck with all of this. I have a bone spur in my left hip, and although I've controlled the inflammation for the most part, I am concerned about anything snagging and causing a lot of problems down the road. I've never had surgery before.

You see all of Cressey's articles about subscap imbalances?

You see all of Cressey's articles about subscap imbalances?

I've read most of Cressey's stuff and I've traded emails with him on this very subject. Most of his articles address scapular issues (winging, external rotation weakness). The subscapularis tendon is a different animal. It's in the front of the shoulder.

That said, if you have any articles that specifically address the subscap tendon, I'm all ears....or eyes, I should say.

damn man, thats a long time. is it affordable? good luck mang. you have to give me a lifting goal to hit for ya.

The surgery will cost me $20. Insurance FTW.

How about getting that front squat up?

Set a PR for bacon day?

... or we could get drunk and tell entertaining stories instead

Don't set PR's for me. Comparing my problem with graedy's is silly. Just start a thread and tell a funny story.

This semester is over May 31st. I'll probably try to squeeze one or two more gigs in before I get cut on. I'll let you guys know when I set a date. This is depressing...bleh

Don't set PR's for me. Comparing my problem with graedy's is silly. Just start a thread and tell a funny story.

Yeah they are no where close which why i though of the drunken story thread, when bacon goes under we shall all get drunk and tell the dumbest stories we have.

A collection of dumbassery is my kind of party.

*dips nuts in mashed potatos*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back