• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bacon vs. Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate Linkin Park.

However, they're infinitely better than 30 seconds to Mars.

Bacon, how do you know Yoga? Did you look some stuff up or watch a DVD etc? I've thought about trying it, but never follow through and carry on with my usual dynamic warm up and static stretches to cool down. Any advice for starting Yoga?

Also, I like Linkin Park, but I agree that they should not be compared to RATM.

base_image

I bought this on cassette the year I graduated High School (93). It kicks ass still, but I never got into any of their other albums. Linkin Park is equally skilled in music and spelling.

The first time I heard 30 seconds to Mars, I thought they were alright. Then someone told me Jared Leto was the singer. To which I replied, "Ew."

I learned yoga from a book. Ironicly enough, I think it was called "Journey into Power." But you don't need a book to learn yoga. There are more than enough websites dedicated to it.

The bulk of my yoga sessions are centered around the sun salutation (minus the lumbar bending parts) and the Warrior series, which is good for the hips.

Sun Salutation (I don't recommend steps 3 and 10)

The breathing patterns are crucial. Take long slow breathes from the nose and exhale SLOWLY from the mouth. You should try to make the inhale and exhale last 5 seconds each. While breathing, you should keep your core as tight as possible. I usually hold each pose for five full breaths. If the poses arn't difficult, you're doing it wrong.

Disclaimer: There is nothing cool about yoga. You probably won't have any kind of spiritual enlightenment. You will not see God and chicks will not think you are cool because you do yoga. However, it will probably make you feel better.

PS: It helps if you're in a warm place when you do yoga. I usually put on a sweater and some sweat pants. Cold yoga sucks.

Jokes on you Ian. I stole that chair from Standard.

how? yes its better because we're not use to going backwards with the weight but maybe bacon does this shit all the time and doesnt have to think about it.

Meh, I wouldn't do it, imagine failing with a heavy weight almost and then having to walk backwards blindly with it, not for me. Whatever.

I do not own a sweater vest, sir, and I'll have words with any man that says otherwise.

It was a St. Wilhelm's shirt over an undershit.

*eyes shotgun*

http://www.grapplearts.com/Yoga-For-MA-Download.htm

I learned some yoga from this video from Stephen Kesting. It's quite good, and as bacon said, it can be challenging when you do the breathing and holding positions. I attribute the stretching movements in the video to being able to do squats after sitting in a chair for 10 hours. I know it's cheesy to be called "yoga for martial arts" but it's pretty basic and clear instructions.

Where's the posts in green?

Probably too busy being suckered into making furniture.

Where's the posts in green?

Probably too busy being suckered into making furniture.

I haven't touched my weights or my drums since my front squat PR. I have an appointment with an ortho next Tuesday. This ortho is my "second opinion" guy. I've been running every day, but I don't want to log that shit. I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds from all the running...I don't really know where it's coming from. I'm already skinny.

Funny you should mention the furniture thing. I finished the night stands and immediately started refinishing our bed. It's a light oak finish and I hate it. When I'm done, it will match the rest of the bedroom (dark walnut). Belt sanders kick ass.

Funny you should mention the furniture thing. I finished the night stands and immediately started refinishing our bed. It's a light oak finish and I hate it. When I'm done, it will match the rest of the bedroom (dark walnut). Belt sanders kick ass.

You're refinishing furniture with a belt sander? Holy overkill!

You're refinishing furniture with a belt sander? Holy overkill!

I've got a LOt of surface to strip and I"ll be damned if I'm gonna use a jitterbug for it. Belt sander is super quick and in the hands of a skilled craftsman, it produces a more even finish. I'm only using 80 grit sandpaper.

I've always wondered what 10 grit sandpaper would look like....gravel glued to a strip of leather, maybe?

Lost 8 pounds?

You're going to disappear man.

*shrugs*
My body likes being thin....and I eat like a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back