At what age did you feel like an adult?

Late 20s or maybe even 30. At 30, you really can't pretend like you are a kid anymore. 20s, you can still kinda get away with it by not having enough life experience. Once you move out, get a job, get an apartment/house, etc., you start feeling like an adult and having to be responsible.

When they stopped letting me play in the McDonald’s ball pit.
Manlet here.

A few years ago, my kid was hesitant to go to the McPlay Area and asked me to join. So I did.

It was fun. I may have been history's first person playing in that thing with a cup of coffee in my hand.

First year of teaching.

One of my students was terrified of an upcoming school break.

He confided that he had a substance abuse issue (17 years old) and was afraid if he had "free time" he would go back on his ways.

He asked me if I could have a sober holiday so at least he would know someone else would too.

I could go a week without a drink. No big deal.

He went the week sober. At least he told me he did.

That was the moment I realized I was an adult

40...I'm 34 now, hoping I'll have a good grasp on adulting by then.

33 - that’s when I sold my first house and bought my second one. I finally felt like an actual adult.

Also, I had a dream last night that my dad died. I was like “shit, now I have to figure out all this adult shit for myself and can’t ask him anymore.” I definitely felt like an adult then.

When I was 13 raising my little sister on the streets cause mom was cracked out. When I technically was an adult I started acting like a kid and caught a couple felonies but now I'm back in adult mode

I was getting there at age 25, but having a kid at age 29 took it to another level.

28. That's about when I stopped thinking that I could never really know anything for sure and started thinking I was already right about everything anyway.

It's been a pretty smooth transition.

In my 30s and still don't feel like an adult. All that changes is you work all day and have more responsibilities.

I think 28 was the magic number. I was talking to a hottie in the local bar and she asked me my age. I said "28" and she went "Oh!" like she was thinking "I'm 22 and he's 28. He's nearly 30 years old!!!!!". It was funny but kind of unnerving. I had been in the Navy, living as an adult since I was legally an adult but that moment cemented the thought that I wasn't a kid anymore.

Ouch!

First time I truly felt like an independent adult was at age 23 when I moved to another state for an internship which then led to starting my professional career. Then when I was 28 and bought my first home I again felt like a more responsible adult. Then when I got married at 30, I felt like an adult. Then when I had my first child at nearly 35, I felt like an adult again. Now at age 38 married with 2 kids and an extremely busy lifestyle I feel like a true adult. Thank you.

34, when I had kids.

In my mid teens pretty much. I had to grow up fast and missed out on the typical stuff you do at that age.

Just turned 46 and I still don't feel much different than I did as a teen at least mentally. Physically is a whole other story.

I lost my father when I was 19, and my whole take on life changed after that.

Back